Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EOI: My *HIGHLY* modified EF
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

This is only an expression of interest, and it'd REALLY kill me to have to sell my car after all I've put into it but I've just bought a house and I'm getting married at the end of the year so money is really tight.

Considering what I've spent I'd probably have to drive it into the ground to break even :P but if anyone is seriously interested at a reasonable price then I may sell it.

Late 1995 EF II Futura I6
Factory 5 speed manual, cruise control, a/c (just regassed), power windows, ABS etc etc - all the usual futura stuff + trip computer

Full respray inside and out in Phantom mica with lots of pearl in it (finished around xmas)
Looks very cool, deep purple in the sun, almost black of a night and changes colour under other lighting - blueish sometimes and more of a burgendy colour in the afternoon sun.

Customish bodykit consisting of 'EF GT' rear, BA GT sideskirts, modified 'EF GT' front bar with mesh grill and custom badge. EL GT bonnet scoop and I also have an EL GT wing painted and ready to go on but I haven't drilled the holes to bolt it on yet.

This is how it'll look with the wing on

(the slope of the driveway makes the suspension look higher there than it is)

Headlights and blinkers went in new with the respray and have a 6000k HID kit fitted. Headlights also have blackened surrounds and 3 8mm high intensity white LED parkers in each side.

This is just the parkers, trying to photograph the main beam shows little but blinding white light :)

It has a tickford head, but I guess that goes out the window once the whole thing has been rebuilt as an IT's Performance stage 4 engine + a few extras from the stage 5 kit :)
The bottom end has about 20k on it, the head about 5k
Any discerning fordmodder would know what's inside this engine :) so I won't spend half an hour typing it all out but it has all the usual good stuff, stage 4 cam, heavily ported head, forged rods and pistons, race bearings etc. Compression is about 12.5:1 so has to run on premium. The last dyno run I did (witnessed by all the sydney fordmods guys) was 174.5rwkw but there's more to be had with more tweaking. I'll have to run it again because it actually hit the 180k limiter before the rev limiter (new diff gears) so it may have more up top. I've also had a little more porting since then too. It's also running the stock ECU so if you wanna throw a bit of money at something aftermarket there's even more gains to be had.
I've only run it at the drags once and pulled a 14.4 on 185 width stockies, so she'll run a better time than that. Mark @ It's performance reckons it crack into the 13s.

Engine bay - most bits colour coded to match the car (you could swap them for stock parts at the wreckers for a few bucks if its all too purple for ya!)

EL GT snorkel which takes air directed from the large mesh grille, K&N panel filter and BA intake pipe from the airbox to the throttle body. Slightly polished intake manifold and throttle body (I didn't spent too much time on it :P ) 9mm spark plug leads, advance headers and redback cat back exhaust with single muffler and no resonator ending in a twin 3" tip.

It has a 3.45 LSD that went in about 10k ago. It came out of an XR6 that only had 70k on the clock! but I had it 'serviced' and everything tightened up before it went into mine anyway.

Brakes up front are RDA slotteds with EBC green stuff pads installed about 10k ago. Lowered on king springs low with monroe GT gas shocks all round and a nolethane castor/camber kit, fitted about 25k ago. I've also got a 30mm whiteline front swaybar which I haven't gotten around to fitting yet. Rims are 17" machined speedey longchamps.

Interior wise - brand new (fitted on the weekend) momo blue and black leather steering wheel. Custom blue dials with high intensity 8mm LED lighting. The dash and instrument surround has been redone in black, as has several other parts of the trim as picture. The door trims were recently (2 months ago) redone in black velour and chrome door handles up front have purple LED lighting. Black gear knob with shortened shifter, black gear boot and console lid.

Stereo - New (3 months old) JVC MP3 head unit. Jaycar polykevlar 6.5" splits powered by a sony 222w amp. Stock rear pioneers in the parcel shelf and 2 12" earthquake subs powered by a response 2x150.

I think that's about it, I'm sure there's a few other things I've missed but yeah, that's the bulk of it!

Anyone interested and care to put a price on it ? :)

PS: Real head turner, first to see will buy, auto salon ready etc. :lol:

ImageImage

Last edited by Hyena on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Mate....

Wow, reading that description is impressive.

$10,000?

(Not an offer, you asked for guestimates).

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

15ish i reckon.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

VIC, Australia

mate that things awesome
dont sell it
screw the mrs, theres more out there :P

DONT DO IT!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Don't sell it dude..

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

This is WAY too nice to sell mate, especially after all the work you've put into it!

If I was you, I'd try my DAMNDEST to keep it (your fiancee should understand anyhow).

The question is, will you really get all your money back by selling it, ...and will you then get something that's as unique & personalised in it's place?

Don't get rid of your baby, you WILL miss it, and more than likely regret it ...I certainly would!

Just some honest advice mate...

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

VIC, Australia

save it as a reminder of happiness you had before the marrage :P

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

chunkz wrote:
save it as a reminder of happiness you had before the marrage :P

LOL ...DITTO!!

You'll probably need it to go for a drive in when your missus is getting on your friggin' case!

Plus also to sleep in when you're in the doghouse...

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:29 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

you will feel short changed with anything you get for it albeit $10k or $15k, sadly there is not a realistic market out there for personalised vehicles. never has been and probably never will be..

But on the otherside of the coin.. your setting up a family and a future, you gotta start thinking about you and the future Mrs Hyena and the potential Baby Hyenas that you will have to support..

Forgo the toys short term. the longer you hold it the less its gonna be worth.. only you can make a decision on holding on to it or letting it go..

There are too many dreamers on here without the $$$. been said before I know but.

$10 run it till you sell it on carsales.com.au is always an option as well.. set it to 15k see if you get any bites?

good way to test the market.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I am sure there is someone out there that will pay $15,000 which is the lowest it really deserves but its a buyers market and no one is getting what they want at the moment especially for performance cars.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

wat kind cluster is that

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:11 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

just customer dials on it thats all

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

ok cool thanx just never seen them

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Man if it was in my price range, id have no problems in them writting my car off. As id want that thing.
But in reality dude done sell it, keep it for another year or so, as youve just put all that work into it, so i think the least you deserve is to enjoy your ride.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

TwinturboBMX wrote:
Man if it was in my price range, id have no problems in them writting my car off. As id want that thing.
But in reality dude done sell it, keep it for another year or so, as youve just put all that work into it, so i think the least you deserve is to enjoy your ride.

I couldn't put it better myself!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next