Fordmods Logo

Expression of interest street race 347 LONG MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Expression of interest street race 347 LONG MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

As most of you know i want to go bigger and after futher research its best for me to let go of the hole package i have and start fresh. Now this motor makes 281.1rwhp & 686.1torque at the wheels and thats with a auto behind it. It had 315rwhp when the manaul was behind it.

The engine invoice as follows:

Bore & hone
Deck block
Cem clean block
Tunnel bore block
Eagle stroker crank
Egale I bean rods
SRP pistons
AFR heads aluminum (I carnt really make out the last letter but looks to be R)
AFR HYD roller cam (I carnt really make out the last letter but looks to be R)

.080 moly push rods
HV oil pump
Roller rockers
Trickflow inatke
Edelbrock throttle bodie
Pace maker extractors

There a fue things i carnt make out on the invoice as the writing isent that neat but you have most of the motor there. I have 2 invoices, one just for parts with the grand total of $11,000 and another with the grand total of $17,500 for building, balancing, blue printing, machining, bore and hone, cem clean & decking of motor as well as installation and tune, AC Delco computer from a VN holden ( YES A HOLDEN COMMADORE :oops: ) dyno tune.

Now at the moment im looking for genuine buyers for this package and believe me it wont disapoint. The motor is nearly a year old with 3,500kms and its still a baby. Im looking around $8,500 for the complete motor which you just have to bolt into your car & wire it up and away you go.

So all serious ppl pm me & we can take it from there, genuine sale with receipts to prove so i only want genuine ppl with money and no tyre kickers or dreamers.

ALL SERIOUS OFFERS CONSIDERED :D

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Last edited by MICKYYYY on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: sams
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

For got to mention that the motor was built and tuned by Sam's Performance :D

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: MOTOR
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GET IT WHILE ITS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject: motor
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ANYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL :D

I may sell in pieces example bottom end & heads and intake and so on, but only on the condition if i have others interested in the rest of the gear

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bumpies, offers welcome :D

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

What sorta $$$ a you actually chasing and are you saying it only pulled 315rwhp after spending like 28K ?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL FAIRMONT GHIA 97

WA, Australia

dad and i just bought a new cleavland motor 489rwhp 12grand.
good luck with the sale

-------EL Fairmont Ghia with CUstome BA XR body kit-------

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If you read the post correctly the motor in parts was 11 grand plus building,installing and tuning the motor which ended up being $17,500.

Like i said $8,500 for the complete conversion but im willing to let go of just the block for around $3500.00 and all serious offers are welcome.

RustyEF nice buy if its all new, hope it's built my a good engine that will last.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
If you read the post correctly the motor in parts was 11 grand plus building,installing and tuning the motor which ended up being $17,500.

Like i said $8,500 for the complete conversion but im willing to let go of just the block for around $3500.00 and all serious offers are welcome.

RustyEF nice buy if its all new, hope it's built my a good engine that will last.

Well my apologies reading that line in the first post states you have 2 invoices each with its own grand total...my bad ... good luck with the sale I'd love to whack a 347 in the xr .. just dont have that sorta money right now...

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thats cool dude, its a good idea to read things twice if ur not sure. For ppl with abit of money who want abit more power you carnt go past this package or just the bottem end. This motor is a very good performer & in a 1500kg car it get s up and goes and does leave some nice marks on the street hehehe :D

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Not meaning to sound rude, but with all the Trickflow and AFR stuff, is there any reason why its down on power?
Cause for the money spent, it doesn't seem to be making the numbers.
As you say, the guys have built it tough, but it can still be tough, and reliable with power.

Post subject: my motor
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What do you mean down on power? how much do you think its sopposed to make?

Sam said the intake is restricting a abit of power. Maybe you can give me some insight on other pplz motors and compare it to mne because my heads are averge size ports and a restricted intake and i was told with bigger head porting and 8 throttle boddie setup and the motor will be making a s**t load more power and throttle response will be though the roof. so an extra 100-120hp can be made with these extra mods, and i dont doubt anything sam says as he is one of the best in the business.

Show me some dyno figures??? i have 281rwhp with 686.1 torque and thats a fair bit of torque which turns my tyres very easily.

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I might be wrong, in how i've worded my post, but i wouldn't be happy with a 17k motor that only pulls that power.
As i said, i'm not trying to offend, i'm sorry if i am or have, but thats a lot of cash for that power.
For 5-10k more than ther 17k total you paid, you can get a Trick and Mansweto rebuild, that'll put out 700-800hp.
Just curious as the parts cost 11k in total, plus machining, and building.
How are the heads restrictive, wouldn't you have got something bigger. Why haven't you gone the 8 throttle body setup to get the power, if you've spent 17k already?
I'm only asking, as the motor you are selling has crossed my mind, as something i have thought about purchasing.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well when the last owner built the car & motor he wanted it to be a street car with a abit of grunt, nothing over the top and he could not afford going bigger at the time.

Having sayint that the motor in parts was 11k plus building and all is additional 2-3k so the motor alone is 13-14k. Sam said for a lilttle more money he could of went 392ci which would of made a s**t load more power but the last owner just could not afford it and now thats why im selling to go 392ci.

The trick and Mansweto setups are awsome as we have a mate with a combo in his xw and its great, but dont forget that the price listing online is for chev motor's. So if you go ford your looking abit more cash to build the same hp motor.

Honestly im very suprised that it hasent sold as yet and for $3500.00 or near offer you carnt go wrong and especially with your blower or anyone with decent heads. Mate you car would be unreal on the street and track. If your genuinely interested pm me & i can forward both invoices of the motor.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

I've done a conversion hp to kw and behind an auto 281.1rwhp=209rwkw,just curious as i've spent $13,500 on my 347 + $2000 on eec and it was close to 190rwkw @5000 rpm when it blew a head gasket,the tuner recons it'll get to around 200-215rwkw once tuning is finished,motors done 1000k's and my engine builder has agreed to fix but not till next week,so motors seem to be on par,may squeeze more out of it as i've only got a 65mm tb and a stock 70mm au maf plus a single 2.5 exhaust with standard cats.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next