Fordmods Logo

FS [QLD]: 1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 1997 EL Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1997 EL Ford Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Im looking to sell my 1997 Fairmont Ghia. It has 239,xxx kms and is in good condition, though needs some work. I bought the car with 171,xxxkms on it so i have done quite a few ks in that time (mostly highway). I dont do burnouts or thrash the car, its just not my thing.

I have owned the car for nearly 2 years now and it has never broken down. The engine is nice and perky, and uses about 12.7l per 100kms around town. The interior is in good condition, with no rips or tears in the leather. Aircon works but needs a regas to be proper ice cold. Paint work is pretty good, a polish would make it really good.

I have done substantial work to this car since i have owned it as the previous owner neglected it somewhat, all of which i have reciepts for. I service the car every 5000kms with new oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs.

The most recent work i had done on the car was under 5000kms ago

replaced gearbox
serviced new gearbox
installed new torque converter
replaced rear rotors
front rotors skimmed
new heavey duty bendix pads all around
new left front caliper
flushed brake fluid
replaced fuel filter
flushed powersteering system
replaced rear main seal
replaced front seal on gearbox
new battery

in the last 12 months i have also pressure tested and flushed the cooling system. The car also came with a new radiator.

I put new tyres on the front about 6 months ago and they have 90%+ tread left. Rears about 40%
All the speakers have been replaced, the stereo is bloody awesome. Stacker works well too.

I just put 6 months rego on it at the beginning of november, so its good to go until april 2012.

The biggest problem with the car is the gearbox atm. It needs a new s5 solenoid. This is the same reason i replaced the last box so i got pretty unlucky. The box drives really well apart from that. The previous owner of the box serviced it every 15,000kms and it has around the same kms as the car (about 240,000). Other work to be done:

Some rust on door sill under passanger door
Heater doesnt work, blend door is not operating. Aircon works though, so its stuck on full cold.
Ball joints are worn causing wheel wobble above 100kmh and need replacing.
Tailshaft needs balancing and uni joints replacing.

Apart from those, EVERYTHING works well. All windows, cruise, cd stacker, central locking etc etc etc.

Im asking $2200.00

Im on the south side of Brisbane

Contact me via email, phone or PM.
louie0408 -at- gmail.com
0450 586 885

pic 1 interior
pic 2 engine
pic 3 engine
pic 4 interior
pic 6 exterior
pic 7 exterior
pic 8 exterior