Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: 1998 ELII XR8 auto, 173000km, $3000 ono 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 1998 ELII XR8 auto, 173000km, $3000 ono
Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Series 2 EL XR8

NSW, Australia

Selling my 1998 EL XR8 auto, it’s the series 2 model with the 185kW motor with factory extractors. It needs some TLC, but it has low kms and I just put 6 months rego on it (with option to renew for another six months in July with no inspection) and I believe the price is reasonable and reflective of these factors.

So the good points –

Only 173000km. The motor is still plenty strong and doesn’t leak or burn any oil. I replaced the serpentine belt a few months ago.

Pedders urethane suspension bushings throughout. This was done by the previous owner, though I had the front lower control arm bushes replaced last year. Handles great!

Interior clean and original, even still has the factory tape deck. No rips or tears in the seats.

Factory tow bar

Tyres have ~80% tread front, ~40% rear

Passed pink slip and put six months rego on it on 16 January, you can renew for another six months in July without another inspection.

The less-good points –

Front bumper needs some work. There is a small hole (about the size of a 10c piece) on the front right-hand side, it was there when I bought the car so I have no idea how it happened. The mounting points where the bumper attaches to the passenger side guard need repair. The bottom edge of the bar has heavy scrape marks.

Somebody tried to steal the passenger-side front indicator recently and has damaged its mounting points. Needs repair or replacement.

The drivers-side mirror housing is cracked. The glass is fine and the electrics still work fine, it just rattles a bit.

Air-con works but doesn’t get very cold.

Interior roof lining is falling down.

Rust – has a few bubbles around the top corners of the rear windscreen, I repaired them last year with filler but it’s come back. Probably wants the screen out to do it properly. Also rusting in the corner of the boot channel and along the trailing edge of the boot lid. Small rust hole in drivers side door sill (the underside of the sill has been patched previously). Spots of surface rust where the paint has been scratched on the passenger-side wheel arches and the edges of the doors, I’ve treated these with rust killer but you’ll probably want to fix them properly. I’ve included pics of the worst of all of this, I don’t want to waste anyones time or give any false impressions.

So that’s the good the bad and the ugly of it. I’m after around $3000, or you can throw me a reasonable offer and we’ll talk. Lowballers won’t be entertained though.

Car is located in Kings Park NSW (Blacktown area, western Sydney)

0412 six eight four 8 4 6
Matt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]