Up for sale is my Sparkling Burgundy 1996 EL Fairmont.
I just like to note that it is currently not roadworthy due to rust on a structural part of the underside of the car located at the front passenger side. If you have the ability to cut and weld the rusted area, patch it up it may be able to pass roadworthy...that is the only major thing. Little things were indicator light globes and front brake pads. Due to that defect, I am selling this as a parts car, however you can do what you like to get it roadworthy.
History of the car...bought it from Fowles Auctions back in 2006 and since then it has been fixed, modified and well looked after. However for the last 2 years it's been off the road because I couldn't afford to keep 2 cars and a bike on the road.
Since 2006 it has seen many changes, from little modifications such as LED dash to a complete engine change and manual conversion. It came with some good bits before any modifications began. A factory fitted 3.23 LSD, sunroof, spoiler and genuine leather Momo steering wheel with tinted windows.
Here are the lists of modifications done to the car since 2006 and remain on the car till today.
• Auto to Manual conversion using genuine FORD parts out of an EF
• Complete performance exhaust - Pacemakers 4480 extractors, 2.5" Magnaflow hi-flow cat, 2.5" Lukey mandrel bend exhaust
• Complete engine transplant from standard to Tickford, including higher fuel pressure reg and AU injectors
• Upgraded camshaft from Tickford to a regrind Wade 1673
• 3" Stainless steel intake with BA snorkel and K&N panel filter
• J3 chip with a Manual XR6 mapping
• Koni yellow adjustable shocks front and year
• King Springs low front and rear
• Selby front sway bar
• 17" AMG Quake rims with 235/45/17 tyres
I have also done a custom sound system in the car, however I will be removing that and replacing the speakers with stock ones I kept. Car didn't come with a head unit when I bought it, but if I have a spare one lying around I can chuck that in.
With all the modifications done to the engine, the car managed to put out 144rwkw on the dyno, this was without the J3 and AU injectors at the time. I believe it would be closer to 150rwkw at this stage with the correct fuel mapping of the XR6 Manual.
With this sale, I will throw in all the spare parts I have gathered over the many years. Some of the parts included are listed below, I may have missed some:
• Excellent condition K-Frame from EF/EL
• Excellent condition sump
• Spare standard 6 cylinder head
• spare rocker cover
• Tickford camshaft with EL rocker arm assembly
• Spare dismantled rocker arm assembly
• Auto conversion - pedal box, ECU, EF auto transmission, oil cooler lines, interior parts (not sure if complete)
• Alloy tailshaft
• Spare EF/EL Fairmont front bumper - Hard to come by in this condition
• Genuine original Owners Manual with genuine Ford folder
• Spare AMG Quake rim - can be used as spare wheel
• Many spare engine components (No distributor)
• Spare Broad band manifold (BBM)
• Spare heater bypass piping
• Broken brake booster - crack can be fixed via plastic welding or using fibreglass to reinforce
• Spare yellow genuine head lights - can be sanded back to white with a bit of elbow grease
• One spare door trim...not sure why I only have one
• A whole lot of little bits and pieces
That's all I can think off. I have taken a few photos so have a look through them.
Currently car runs and drives fine. No issues, still has oomph when you put your foot down and haven't had any issues with it while driving it around trying to get it into roadworthy condition.
It does have a few little things on the negative side though. New scratch on the car on the front wheel arch. Panel looks straight though, so may just be paint scuff. The extractors have seen better days, it has a heap of rust showing up due to lack of use, this can be fixed by getting them ceramic coated...which I advise would be a good idea. The gas struts for the boot and bonnet don't work, so need to be replaced with the new ones I have bought and come with this sale.
Asking $4000 for the whole lot including any other spare parts I can find while pulling it all out of the garage. You are more than welcome to drop past and have a look at it personally, however the images I put up are the most recent.
If you want the new MLS head gasket, head bolts, timing chain kit and serpentine idle pulleys that I have for sale separately, add an extra $200 on top.
Currently also posted somewhere else.
phongus = Post whore 2006
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests