Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: EOI: Group Buy HID Kits 2nd Order 

 

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 239

Joined: 13th Jan 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Bit of a noob question, but how hard are these to install?

 

_________________

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

ef_paddy wrote:
Bit of a noob question, but how hard are these to install?

Quite simple,
Mostly Plug and play..If you can change a light bulb you can change these,
Bascially Put the bulb in the car (like you normally would with your headlights), mount the ballast somewhere near the head light, connect the Light bulb to the ballast, then the ballast to your exsiting lighting switch, then connect the power and off ya go..
This is just off the top of my head, but they come with instructions
Cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

If you have an xr ed-el or nc-na fairlane (due to projector light) it will be alot more benificial than standard lights.
In saying this, HID's will be alot brighter than your standard Halogen.
Cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

If you have an xr ed-el or nc-na fairlane (due to projector light) it will be alot more benificial than standard lights.
In saying this, HID's will be alot brighter than your standard Halogen.
Cheers
- Ash

Yeah but I got myself some of those xenon lights (have no Idea what they are) and they gave out a blue light, but the visibility at night was f**k, and I like my visibility at night.

So will it improve it or will it just be like the xenon globes?

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

If you have an xr ed-el or nc-na fairlane (due to projector light) it will be alot more benificial than standard lights.
In saying this, HID's will be alot brighter than your standard Halogen.
Cheers
- Ash

Yeah but I got myself some of those xenon lights (have no Idea what they are) and they gave out a blue light, but the visibility at night was f**k, and I like my visibility at night.

So will it improve it or will it just be like the xenon globes?

The Xenon lights you are talking about are a Halogen globe either 55watt or 100watt usually.
Unfortunatly with these sorts of globes the more 'blue color' you go, the less visibility you have (which you will find with the 55watt) when you go up to 100watt you wil get less blue but better visibility.
HIDs are a High intensity globe which will give you better visibility.
Heres an example;
h1 100watt globe test for range produced 600m Visibility Range distance
HID 35watt globe test for range produced 1.2km Visibility Range Distance.
So to answer your question yes, If change your halogens to HID's your visibility will improve, if you have Projector lights (ED-El) xr it will be better than your standard headlight.
Hope this clears things up
Cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Last edited by Hybrid34 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

If you have an xr ed-el or nc-na fairlane (due to projector light) it will be alot more benificial than standard lights.
In saying this, HID's will be alot brighter than your standard Halogen.
Cheers
- Ash

Yeah but I got myself some of those xenon lights (have no Idea what they are) and they gave out a blue light, but the visibility at night was f**k, and I like my visibility at night.

So will it improve it or will it just be like the xenon globes?

The Xenon lights you are talking about are a Halogen globe either 55watt or 100watt usually.
Unfortunatly with these sorts of globes the more 'blue color' you go, the less visibility you have (which you will find with the 55watt) when you go up to 100watt you wil get less blue but better visibility.
HIDs are a High intensity globe which will give you better visibility.
Heres an example;
h1 100watt globe test for range produced 600km Visibility Range distance
HID 35watt globe test for range produced 1.2km Visibility Range Distance.
So to answer your question yes, If change your halogens to HID's your visibility will improve, if you have Projector lights (ED-El) xr it will be better than your standard headlight.
Hope this clears things up
Cheers
- Ash

aaaah, Ash are you sure the h1 100watt globe test can go up to 600km's? or is it 600m? because that to me sounds more like how much visibility I had.

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
Just want to clear something up, whats the visibility like with these things at night?

If you have an xr ed-el or nc-na fairlane (due to projector light) it will be alot more benificial than standard lights.
In saying this, HID's will be alot brighter than your standard Halogen.
Cheers
- Ash

Yeah but I got myself some of those xenon lights (have no Idea what they are) and they gave out a blue light, but the visibility at night was f**k, and I like my visibility at night.

So will it improve it or will it just be like the xenon globes?

The Xenon lights you are talking about are a Halogen globe either 55watt or 100watt usually.
Unfortunatly with these sorts of globes the more 'blue color' you go, the less visibility you have (which you will find with the 55watt) when you go up to 100watt you wil get less blue but better visibility.
HIDs are a High intensity globe which will give you better visibility.
Heres an example;
h1 100watt globe test for range produced 600km Visibility Range distance
HID 35watt globe test for range produced 1.2km Visibility Range Distance.
So to answer your question yes, If change your halogens to HID's your visibility will improve, if you have Projector lights (ED-El) xr it will be better than your standard headlight.
Hope this clears things up
Cheers
- Ash

aaaah, Ash are you sure the h1 100watt globe test can go up to 600km's? or is it 600m? because that to me sounds more like how much visibility I had.



Sorry mate, its been a long day, yes 600m
**Previous post updated

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 1456

Joined: 17th Apr 2008

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

Location: Bannockburn
VIC, Australia

Thats fair enough, I'm interested, but we'll see how many more people we get interested in this before I say yeah definantly, I have a few financial things that I want sorted first.

 

_________________

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Thats fair enough, I'm interested, but we'll see how many more people we get interested in this before I say yeah definantly, I have a few financial things that I want sorted first.

No worries,
I'll keep this thread updated,
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask
cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:04 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 251

Joined: 22nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF XR6 manual

Location: S.E. Melbourne
VIC, Australia

If this is still going when tax cheque comes back ,I'm in :twisted:

 

_________________

EF XR6 5spd 14.57@97mph
154rwkwts

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

grub73 wrote:
If this is still going when tax cheque comes back ,I'm in :twisted:

No worries mate, let me know if your in when you get it.
Things should start kickin in a week
cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 552

Joined: 20th Jun 2005

Ride: XR Fairmont

Location: Western Suburbs
VIC, Australia

Hey Ash

Im interested as well in a pair of the 6000

but can anyone help me with what bulb goes in an EL XR?
never had to change my bulbs since i bought the car :)

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 462

Joined: 29th Sep 2007

Location: S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

JohnnyFX wrote:
Hey Ash

Im interested as well in a pair of the 6000

but can anyone help me with what bulb goes in an EL XR?
never had to change my bulbs since i bought the car :)

Im not 100% sure I think they are H1, Ill have to double check for you.
Cheers
- Ash

 

_________________

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 155

Joined: 12th Jun 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: LA LA LAND
VIC, Australia

Hi,
could be intersted but, newbie question....is drilling holes required to mount the ballasts & if so wheres the best place?

 

_________________

Don't bug me unless you have chocolate or a cure for PMT

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names