Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: FS - [NSW]: BA 4.0L NA engine with Crow Cams and tuned ECU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FS - [NSW]: BA 4.0L NA engine with Crow Cams and tuned ECU
Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA

NSW, Australia

I purchased a 2004 BA Falcon that had been tuned by a previous owner, but have decided that a stock tune suits my needs better. Instead of detuning this one I thought it simpler to swap the engine/ECU for a stock on I can buy from a wrecker.

According to the seller the engine had 'Stage 2' Crow Cams installed, and the engine is also fitted with aftermarket ignition coils. The ECU has aparently also been flash tuned to suit but no specifics were given. It has a nice lumpy idle and the seller claimed an output of 230hp at the rear tyres. The engine runs perfectly and has plenty of grunt, its just not suitable for my needs (missus complains about lumpy idle).

Engine is still in the vehicle so for serious buyers in Sydney you are welcome to see and even have a drive in the car to be 100% confident in the purchase. I have lined up a stock replacement and it is possible for installation of this into your BA for around $500 by the same place who will remove my engine. Given that Crow Cams are about $900 a pair plus fitting, and an ECU tune would be $1200+ it seems like a good package for someone on a budget.

Car has 145000klms on it and its the original engine as far as I know.

Price is $1200 all up for the long motor plus ECU.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]