Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: Grandpas XE falcon - mint condition! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Grandpas XE falcon - mint condition!
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

posting up for a mate - DONT PM OR ASK ME ANYTHING

Quote:
All Cars/Bikes
For Sale? Or Wanted?* FS
Price/Amount contact buyer to discuss - this is posted on several forums and the sale will not be taken lightly
State VIC
Short Description for title? Grandpa's XE Falcon Ghia got to go!
Currently Registered? Yes
Transmission? AUTO [/INDENT]
REGO/VIN Number? WMG 280
Contact Info Other than this Forum? ph 04 39 808 090
Description Hi Guys.

I have been put in charge of selling my grandpa's XE GHIA FALCON

details -

auto / 6cyl EFI
213,*** km
long range tank
blue on blue with blue interior
UNCUT doortrims
NEW TYRES
full books from new (including written notes on maintenance carried out by my grandfather)
ELECTRIC - windows / mirrors
fully reconditioned steering / suspension + breaking (with king springs S/L)
tinted windows
dual fuel
absolutely loved car.
only modifications - LPG / TINT / CD player / Supsension
rust free
always garaged
comes with standard springs and radio

History -

this car was bought brand new by my grandfather and lived in tura beach until 2000 and in that time did 135,000km. grandpa was a bank manager and had a friend make custom sheepskin seatcovers which were fitted upon delivery. a picnic rug has been thrown over the rear bench since the same time. AKA seats are mint. never been smoked in.

My dad acquired the car in 2000 after my grandfather moved into a nursing home and my grandmother packed up and left tura beach for melbourne. at that time the car was re registered, roadworthied and used to drive from arcadia to puckapunyal army base on a daily basis (all highway KM's) in this time dad was spending a lot of time travelling overseas so the car also spent a lot of time stored away. dad left the army in 2001 and since thenn has had a company car. the XE was put back in storage next to an hk brougham and a few other gems and i can honestly say i did not see the car for years! in june 06 we moved house, and this was the fiorst time we had uncovered the car since putting it in storage. it moved house and went back into storage. at this time i took some photos of the car (the ones here) the car had not been washed, poliched or touched since storing in 2001. it started first time with a charged battery put in.

june 2008 dad started working for my mothers company and we needed a second car. the car was used a day here and there when he was working for mum. the gas was checked at this time, everything is fine with it. a few months back dad quit his job which was supplying a company car and he has been using the car as a daily since. he is now in a position where he will be using my VY as i am heading overseas indefinately and therefore the XE must go.

if you are into old fords this is for you. a very honest, full history car.

please call 04 39 808 090 anytime to inspect. the car is located in melbourne and new photos will be taken soon. - Mitcham

asking price is 2500 as is.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: Grandpas XE falcon - mint condition!
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok, well i know there should be a price, but i just discussed it with the guy and its really a matter of people throwing offers at them.
as said they want someone who will look after the car, so at this stage its almost as though its for sale to good home only lol
call the buyer to discuss price, you might get it for less than you think!

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XD FAIRMONT GHIA

NSW, Australia

that is one damn good looking xe shame im chasing xd grrrrrrr

Engine;
351 Crank, 302 Rods, Custom Forged Pistons, Blue Print & Balanced Bottom End, Crower Stage 5 Cam (Cam Specs), 4V Funnelweb Manifold (Injection Modified), CHI 3V Heads

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:17 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Gday mate, what forum was that post from?

Thanks much.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]