Page 2 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Pre AU to AU-FG Hub Adaptors - Brand New
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Good to see your asking a bit less than what you've pad for, I paid $50 each for mine, but I'm looking for other ones with the ring like yours, but just outta what I want to pay for em.
I saw a set sell on ebay the other week for about 230 second hand, and theres new sets on ebay for 250! (last resort lol)

That's true, I personally think that the ebay one's are cast from a crappy (not so good) quality Billet, I saw on, it was either this forum in Off topic, or it was on boosted or fordforums, that a bloke in an EF/EL had come round a corner and his R/F wheel had almost come off and he had destroyed the rotor and the bumper and other suspension and components, he couldn't understand why, and when he got out, half the threads on the adapter studs had sheared off completely, and the rest where either just been snapped, and only 1 was left, intact but bent.

These one's I have the bloke I dealt with (I know him personally and trust him to the zilch) assured me that these where cast using a decent quality billet, that's why there's a 320 price tag on it, and when I saw that EF/EL in one of the forum off topic sections I decided that I would get my spacers from whom I trust.

Hope that helps.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

That was Tochi, and he used 1/2 inch nuts on 12mm thread, which is why they stripped.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've also been supplied nut's with these, should I take a closer photo of the nut's that I have been given?

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

? lol I dont know if you want, but they'll have 1/2" or 12mm stamped onto them somewhere (should have). 12mm is commodore studs which a lot of spacers are fitted with, while 1/2 inch is falcon studs that not many at all are fitted with.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bump :)

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

What size is that centre ring? Are both the same size?

Why is 1 ring thicker than the other? I assume there is 2 with the thick ring and 2 with the thin?

I'm interested pending answers.

How many nuts are inluded 5 or 10 per hub adapter? Do either the nuts or the wheel studs state the thread on them (usually the nuts do)?

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

double click on the pic of nuts in the box, one on right looks like it has 12 x 1.5 on it.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
What size is that centre ring? Are both the same size?

Why is 1 ring thicker than the other? I assume there is 2 with the thick ring and 2 with the thin?

I'm interested pending answers.

How many nuts are inluded 5 or 10 per hub adapter? Do either the nuts or the wheel studs state the thread on them (usually the nuts do)?

I was told by the rep at tyre power that the one with the THIN ring was for the front, and the one with the THICK ring was for the rear.

I can get out the vernier and measure them for you.

And I'll quickly check the nut's for you, I got nuts to fit the spacer's and 2 wheel's, not 4, I will confirm that for you though.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
I can get out the vernier and measure them for you.

And I'll quickly check the nut's for you, I got nuts to fit the spacer's and 2 wheel's, not 4, I will confirm that for you though.

Yes, get out the verniers and measure both kinds for me please.

Check what nuts are there for me please.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Also, on the 2 with the thicker centre lip, what is the depth of the centre bore before it starts tapering in?

Basically, I'm really only after your hub adapters for the 2 with the thinker lips, but I'm trying to see if they'll fit over the hubs on my bike brake upgrade (or at least how hard it will be to modify them to), hence the questions.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Any luck with those measurements?

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not yet, I have been fairly busy today :(.

I'll do my best to allow half an hr of my time to measure all of the requested up for you and post it up.

Tomorrow (5pm) to Sunday I'm in Anglesea and I have no access to a comp then, so I will do my best to get it all up to you then.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 001.jpg
Rear Wheel Adaptor 001.jpg [ 56.46 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]
Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 002.jpg
Rear Wheel Adaptor 002.jpg [ 79.56 KiB | Viewed 257 times ]
Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 003.jpg
Rear Wheel Adaptor 003.jpg [ 72.03 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]

The Front Spacer's I have test fitted and they fit, 100% guaranteed, I am more than happy to test fit the rear's next week to comfirm it for everyone.

The Wheel Nut's are 12X1.5, there is enough nuts to attach all adaptor's, HOWEVER, they seem to have only supplied me enough of those 12mm nut's to fit 2 wheels.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 001.jpg
Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 002.jpg
Attachment:
Rear Wheel Adaptor 003.jpg

The Front Spacer's I have test fitted and they fit, 100% guaranteed, I am more than happy to test fit the rear's next week to comfirm it for everyone.

The Wheel Nut's are 12X1.5, there is enough nuts to attach all adaptor's, HOWEVER, they seem to have only supplied me enough of those 12mm nut's to fit 2 wheels.

Not sure if the above post pictures were meant to be the measurements for me, but if they are then there not the ones that I was enquiring about.
I'm interested in the outside diameter the centre ring of the spacers with the thick centre ring (which are the ones that you refer to as the rears) - the 2nd and 3rd picture the measurement is of the inside diameter (not the outside one which is what I'm interested in).

It looks like you have given me the measurement in blue (the inside diameter of the centre bore), but what I'm after is the measurement in red (the outside diameter).

The first picture shows what I'm interested in knowing - the depth before it gets to that point where the centre bore has come in. While I can see from the picture it's fairly deep, it doesn't exactly give me an accurate measurement. I'm after this measurement:

My original MS Paint drawing may have been slightly deceptive, but it was obviously drawn without any knowledge of what the inside of the centre hole actually looked like, here's a slightly more accurate version:

For your information I'm only interested in the 2 with the thick centre bearing (the ones that you refer to as the rears) (obviously I would buy all 4 pending the measurements though) to use on a custom front brake set up - hence the questions.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The outside diameter for the outer ring on the rear adapter hubs is 70.7mm

I'll quickly go back up to the shed and find out that other measurement for you, the one that goes in depth from the inside of the thick ring all the way in.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next