Post subject: PRICE DROP... Fusion CA-IP500 iPod Receiver
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

G'day All...

Recently upgraded my headunit so now the old one must go...

It is a fusion unit and was the first of its kind to be completely mech-less... That is there is no mechanism that loads/unloads CD's at all... The unit has no provision at all to play CD's... Instead where that space was is now a bay to house an iPod...

This way you are not running cables and trying to find somewhere to mount/hide/protect your iPod... iPod is charged inside the headunit...

This unit is suited to someone who uses an iPod to listen to music all the time... It is ideal for rough and dusty environments as it will not skip and will not jam...

Included is the usual goodies...

The Aux harness for all your RCA in/out connections... The frame it slides & locks into with removal tools and bolts if that is that is the preferred mounting option... There is a vast assortment of inserts for various makes of iPod (see list for supported models)... Original Instruction booklet... And if required I will ship the patch harness that is made up which will plug straight into an ED radio plug... This makes it plug and play for EA-ED models... No soldering required (pointless if the radio plug is butchered off already)... If its not required let me know and I'll chop it off and hang onto it... Also the original ISO plug is included too...

Unit is in great condition I try to look after all my gear... No scratches on the face... Couple of marks on the bezel...

Do note that due to being purchased in 2009 the latest iPod shapes are not covered by the older inserts... If you happen to have an old iPod floating around that's not used this is a great way to put it to use again... So please check this before buying... I used as 120GB iPode classic, these inserts will be shipped still inside the unit... Instructions detail how to remove and insert new ones...

Originally paid $239 (receipt included) Would like $80 inc postage but I'm open to all reasonable offers...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Last bumped by TimmyA on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 pm.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]