Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: *SOLD* EF Fairmont suit rebuild or wrecking. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: *SOLD* EF Fairmont suit rebuild or wrecking.
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Mazda Astina

NSW, Australia

Gday guys, Short story.... this EF Fairmont was left on the street over xmas holidays as it had done a head gasket (possibility of cracked head as the head gasket was replaced early last year), when we returned home from our trip away we discovered it had fallen victim to vandals. They gained entry, went through it, kicked/punched the dash then tried to set it on fire with a can of deodorant (HSV brand would you believe) although they left the doors closed with the windows up :roll:
You can see how far the fire progressed lol
They also felt the need to spray a silver line around it..... obviously we were dealing with criminal masterminds.

Anyways it wasn't insured and I'm not keen on fixing it up so we're going to send it to the scrap metal yard, just thought I'd advertise it here first.

The Bad:
-Engine as mentioned, there is watering mixing with oil.
-Centre console has fire damage.
-Front passenger seat is cactus.
-Bottom of rear seat has fire damage.
-Trip computer has been pushed in, not sure if it's salvagable.
-Suspension is crap, has Tickford springs but shocks are rooted.
-Battery is dead.
-Side mirrors are both rooted.
-Custom silver racing stripe.
-No stereo or speakers.

The Good:
-The gearbox is ok, I fixed a gear changing issue with it not long ago and has run fine since.
-Centre console lid is good.
-Had a new standard exhaust installed a few months ago.
-The front passenger window regulator was brand new 2 months ago, also have a brand new rear left side regulator that I never got around to putting in.
-I'm 95% sure the body panels are all straight.... rear bumper might have damage.
-I've got 4 of those wheels (rear wheel in first pic), will have to check size and make tomorrow (2 tyres were punctured).

Price is $500ono and will be available for about 1 week before I send it to it's death. It is located at Cardiff (Newcastle NSW) and will drive on it's own for short distances.

Oh I also have advertised on Ebay the woodgrain shifter surround which was in it, it finishes tomorrow.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160530116591&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I'll add more if I think of it, feel free to ask questions.

Cheers
Jason

Just to confirm, I'm not interested in parting this out. I want the whole car gone.

*** CAR IS NOW SOLD PENDING PICKUP ***

The voices in my head don't like you.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]