Post subject: TFI-SIM ... Ford PIP,TFI & Coil Tester
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

For Sale Here:

My custom fabricated Ignition System Test Modules designed to diagnose the critical ignition system components when they fail and make identifying and the replacing the right component easy.

Please read on to fully understand TFI-SIM

Physically:
It plugs inline with the TFI module on the dizzy and provides LED indication for PIP, SPOUT, Power, Crank, & Coil - as well as a resistive bulb load for Coil -

Features:
It has the ability to simulate the PIP so that ignition problems can be found in seconds rather than continually swapping parts out looking for an answer...

Which Models:
Will obviously work with all dizzy models with TFI... So XF - EA - EB - ED - EL 6cyl with a TFI dizzy... 5.0L Windsors with a TFI... EF I6 is NOT TFI equiped and this will not work on those models & only XF EFI is TFI equiped.

Reason To Own One:
Not suited to everyone no doubt... But is suited to those who understand the value of being able to test your own car for problems on your own accord... This will diagnose ignition components for faults where unfortunately the EEC cannot provide information on the failed part and hence anyone with a code reader will not be able to identify the component... This is the sort of thing that you hope you never need, but may be a life saver one day...

How You Use It:
You attempt to start your car one morning and it winds but wont start, you find you have no spark... Its one of three components PIP, TFI or Coil...

Following the simple but thorough instruction booklet you connect the TFI-SIM in series with the TFI module on the dizzy and proceed to test under direction from the manual and can identify in seconds exactly which component has failed out of the PIP, TFI or coil.

Other Recommendations:
The unit is supplied with a High Energy Ignition (HEI) test plug. This is used instead of a spark plug when testing for spark to ensure coil is healthy. Using a spark plug may show the spark, however the coil may not be good enough to spark when it is in the cylinder and under compression so that is where the HEI plug comes in, with it's larger gap it compensates for a normal plug under compression.

What's In The Box:
You'll get the tester with attached patch loom... 1 High Energy Ignition Test Plug... And a bound A5 book with user instructions in it...

Notes
These are the left over units from my group buy. I have no time currently to make anymore so these 2 units are the final ones and I doubt I'll make any more. They are also currently for sale on ebay...

Will include free postage.

Looking for $200ea

Attachment:
$(KGrHqQOKiwE13O+NJ9TBNidNZSm+g~~_3.JPG
$(KGrHqQOKiwE13O+NJ9TBNidNZSm+g~~_3.JPG [ 72.16 KiB | Viewed 201 times ]

Attachment:
$(KGrHqMOKkUE1stlLZTrBNidNcv)Z!~~_3.JPG
$(KGrHqMOKkUE1stlLZTrBNidNcv)Z!~~_3.JPG [ 85.79 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]

Attachment:
$(KGrHqEOKogE1z5-hlzqBNidNf3(Lg~~_3.JPG
$(KGrHqEOKogE1z5-hlzqBNidNf3(Lg~~_3.JPG [ 95.61 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Last bumped by TimmyA on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 am.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]