Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: FS - VIC - EL XR6 Engine / Auto Trans / FTR's
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:39 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Guys and Girls,

I am regretfully having to wreck an EL Ghia that I have spent alot of time restoring due to dud Vic Roads law.

For sale now is:

EL XR6 motor - Complete head, cam, rocker cover, bottom end (of course) - 140,000km - I have driven this car over the course of a few months and the motor runs beautifully. Smooth and powerful, like they should be. Motor is yet to be removed from the car, so can be demonstrated running - $750

EL Auto Trans - Standard I6 trans. Once again, I've driven it over the course of a few months, so I know it shifts smooth and works very well. 140,000km on it. Yet to be removed, so can be demonstrated running - $350

Set of 5 Genuine XR rims with rubber - 3 with 80% tread, 2 with 75% tread. Rims in great condition. Come complete with centre caps and wheel nuts. Recently balanced, all ready to bolt on - Pics at http://members.optusnet.com.au/arm79/FTRs/ - $950

All prices are neg, within reason. Everything is located in Laverton (10/15 mins into western suburbs) and can be viewed/demonstrated almost anytime. Transportation can be arranged for interstate buyers at their expense.

PM's preferred.

At the moment I am selling the engine, trans and wheels only. The rest of the stuff will be put up later, so please don't ask about it now.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

What's the build date on the car? is it a hybrid engine?

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:20 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Surely there is someone out there who is after a great condition XR engine and auto trans.

Come on guys and girls! :D

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Actually dude i might be quite keen to take as a pack the tranny and motor ... take it being the tickford xr6 its got the red rocker etc....

So all in good nick ? no issues with the gearbox ?

Do u know how much it would cost to freugh to syd ?

Cheers mate

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Yep. Its got the red rocker cover.

In the time I drove it, I never had an issue with it at all. Always ran smooth and powerful. Trans always shifted smooth and behaved itself.

Its the reason I'm so disappointed that I have to wreck this car. Everything is in such good nick.

Let me speak to the transport blokes here and see what the cost will be and I'll let you know.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

arm79 wrote:

In the time I drove it, I never had an issue with it at all. Always ran smooth and powerful. Trans always shifted smooth and behaved itself.

Its the reason I'm so disappointed that I have to wreck this car. Everything is in such good nick.

Let me speak to the transport blokes here and see what the cost will be and I'll let you know.

Awesome mate I have Mark @ ITS Performance about to start a big job on mine in 2 weeks so I was thinkin it might be easy to send him the motor and trans so he can make a start :) cause i need the car for work the next couple weeks which is halting getting the work done.....an im think a low kms BTR with Brett4777 internal mods this could work out alrite just gotta be careful with my budget :)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
arm79 wrote:

Awesome mate I have Mark @ ITS Performance about to start a big job on mine in 2 weeks so I was thinkin it might be easy to send him the motor and trans so he can make a start :) cause i need the car for work the next couple weeks which is halting getting the work done.....an im think a low kms BTR with Brett4777 internal mods this could work out alrite just gotta be careful with my budget :)

Brett lives about 10 mins from me, and we are good mates (even though he may say differently :evil: ), so if you wanted I could deliver the trans straight to him for you, for the BMW motorsport internal mods, then ship it up all on 1 pallet. Will make transport much easier and cheaper for you.

I assume you'd be getting the same mods and strengthening that Brett has done to my auto. :D

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
arm79 wrote:

Brett lives about 10 mins from me, and we are good mates (even though he may say differently :evil: ), so if you wanted I could deliver the trans straight to him for you, for the BMW motorsport internal mods, then ship it up all on 1 pallet. Will make transport much easier and cheaper for you.

I assume you'd be getting the same mods and strengthening that Brett has done to my auto. :D

Id say so :) um I havent really discussed what brett was goin to do just what componenets he used or how the boxes differed and what i gathered was he just used kevlar bands....but I see now Brett also (terroristghia) has got this done now from brett and hes hopin his auto holds up to 350rwkw so i didnt know it owuld hold that sorta power ....

Id like mine to comfortably take 250rwkw cause for now im gonna be staying NA ... hoping for 200rwkw+ NA ... then later possible turbo/giggle gas combination in a couple years

But i like the auto and am happy to stay with one....extra strength wpuld be a big bonus tho as im getting 3.73 diff gears, proper shift kit and 2800rpm stalli

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
arm79 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
arm79 wrote:

Id say so :) um I havent really discussed what brett was goin to do just what componenets he used or how the boxes differed and what i gathered was he just used kevlar bands....but I see now Brett also (terroristghia) has got this done now from brett and hes hopin his auto holds up to 350rwkw so i didnt know it owuld hold that sorta power ....

Id like mine to comfortably take 250rwkw cause for now im gonna be staying NA ... hoping for 200rwkw+ NA ... then later possible turbo/giggle gas combination in a couple years

But i like the auto and am happy to stay with one....extra strength wpuld be a big bonus tho as im getting 3.73 diff gears, proper shift kit and 2800rpm stalli

Cool... If you wanna go ahead, let me know. As I posted, everything is still in the car, so I will have to remove it all.

If you go down the path with Brett4777, we can call it a thrown in perk that most of the build work can be done at my place and I can deliver the trans or parts to Brett as he lives close by.

One stop shopping for you. :D

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeh well thats sounds like this could be a really good way to go ... I will need to call Mark and see whether hes happy to do it this way.....do u know what brett has been doin exactly to these boxes or to make Terrorist ghia say his BTR backes by a V8 with NOS will hold 300+rwkw?

Cheers mate

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Kev, Call Joe at Crescent, He is my Builder for my Box, It has become another Afterhours project. After seeing the internals of my dead box, we feel that there is no prob with it taking 350rwkw, but that is yet to be seen. All my gears etc were in tip top condition, and i am aware that the gears in the 8 are slightly different to the 6, so that may have something to do with it as well
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Brett, thanks for jumping in... I was only going to suggest that Kev contact you.

As for my auto, all I really know is that its got a stack of XR6T parts in there. Most of which are of stronger materials. Kevlar I believe. But thats a question for Brett_4777 really.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Kev, Call Joe at Crescent, He is my Builder for my Box, It has become another Afterhours project. After seeing the internals of my dead box, we feel that there is no prob with it taking 350rwkw, but that is yet to be seen. All my gears etc were in tip top condition, and i am aware that the gears in the 8 are slightly different to the 6, so that may have something to do with it as well
Brett

ahh ok dude sorry i thought brett4777 did yours....my bad...do u know wat joe did to yours ?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 Mustang Cobra

VIC, Australia

Airbox and piping to throttle body for sale?

Red 2002 Mustang Cobra

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

mr_rx7_ wrote:
Airbox and piping to throttle body for sale?

As I said in my first post:

arm79 wrote:
At the moment I am selling the engine, trans and wheels only. The rest of the stuff will be put up later, so please don't ask about it now.

I havent decided what I am doing with the other stuff, hence why I haven't advertised them yet.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next