GROUP BUY: EXTRACTOR HEAT SHIELDS, STAINLESS STEEL EA AU 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: GROUP BUY: EXTRACTOR HEAT SHIELDS, STAINLESS STEEL
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

I think I do need to get some new pics up though, and clean the rest of my engine bay up....

Is there anyone keen to put there name down?

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF Fairmont AU Falcon FG XR6

VIC, Australia

yea count me in providing ive got the cash when it comes time 2 order man

My Fairmont

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Looks nice

Last edited by XR-Lane on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Opps double post

Last edited by XR-Lane on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

edit: quote deleted

Last edited by FordFairmont on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

yeah point taken mate. ill delete it

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:

Oh, that's gay! Gay old Joshie.

You were saying that you weren't convinced that stainless steel would act as a heat shield very well and would be happy to test one, pretty much? What's wrong with that Mr Mont?

It's a good idea, this heat shield business, but the original heat shield material was thin layers of metal with hundreds of perferations and air and pink bats and asbestos in between. A thin layer of stainless would possibly act more like a heat sink and spread the heat out over an area evenly, but not actually reduce the temperature long term.

A bit like putting a frying pan on a fire.

Frying pan one is made of stainless.
Frying pan two is made from a fibre cement laminate.

If you want to cook any time soon you'd be best choosing the stainless frying pan.

If you had your thermos on the whole time it could blow air from the radiator to the tunnel created by this S.S. Heatsheild... That would be beneficial, definately.

A while ago I saw some "heat shield material" for sale which was the same as what the original heat shields in engine bays are. You could buy a flat sheet of the stuff and mold it to any shape you liked.

This is an original Ford heat shield reshaped to sit around the brake booster.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Its a nice shiny bbq plate not dissimilar to the e series v8 item that is so frequently binned 8-)

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

looks good but I am sure we are looking at $60 no more.
2 minutes on the guilotine and pan brake.
I suppose the angle takes some mucking about?

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

I was going to put my name down untill i saw price, it would tidy up my engine bay heaps. Will need some more convincing thats its actually worth it, for the price.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

fiend wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:

Oh, that's gay! Gay old Joshie.

You were saying that you weren't convinced that stainless steel would act as a heat shield very well and would be happy to test one, pretty much? What's wrong with that Mr Mont?

for f**k sake fiend.

All i asked was not post s**t to f**k up his sale..... why ask why??

And krisdawg, i seen one of these go on ebay awhile, i think it was a leftover from a past group buy, and the f**k thing went for $130-$140 in USED condition. So i suggest you get a few made up and slowly sell them off on their, as people here want something for nothing.

In fact if its such a piece of piss and doesnt cost f**k-all, then why doesnt every kent on this website have one made already........... exactly.... end rant !!

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Rant rant rant Mr Mont.

Me, dribble crap? Hahahaha. If my undying quest for knowledge, truth, scientific fact and an end to the worlds pig capitalists rule is "dribbling crap" then so be it.

If I was to buy one of these I'd want some information on if it works, how it works etc etc etc. Go look at the superfluous amount of crap dribbled over my phenolic spacer and Fast XR's 68 mm throttle body.

Admittedly, you kept your theories about 68mm throttles being a waste of effort to PM's... But you actually started private messaging me (as I had my name listed publicly to buy one) with messages like "that is a waste of time, it won't work, you're better off not spending money..." etc etc etc

At least I question it in public and give people the chance to justify their product and design.

Besides which, he may actually improve his design or bring down the cost, or be able to rectify other potential customers concerns or ideas.

Anyway, this is KrisisDawgs for sale thread and now you and I should both be told off for thread hijacking.

I must say that having a big hunk of stainless in the engine bay does appeal. But as already explained in PM to Krisisbrother himself, I won't be purchasing one as I have a whopping great ugly hole in my bonnet that lets heat out reasonably well.

If just one sale for every ten people who said "I will buy one of these if you make one" went ahead on some of my products and ideas then I'd still be s**t broke and broken a***, but would have been happy to have helped them out.

I congratulate Krisisman on designing and producing something and putting his neck out for Fordmods members. God knows they're an impossible bunch to please - you and I included.

[EDIT] --
Krisis dude --- Since you have one of these installed already, any chance you could do a few simple tests yourself... Take temp readings in various places around the brake booster and drivers side of engine bay after normal driving and highway driving for half an hour or more. Then remove the shield and do the same testing?... That would shut me up and get me 100% behind your fledgling product.... Maybe we could move this discussion to a "heat shield for sale discussion" thread to keep this one clean? Maybe you could nip this discussion in the bud now...

I stand by my "THAT IS GAY JOSHIE" comment and would not have posted anything if he'd left his messages there. He made a good point, and should have had the balls to leave it there in the face of the personally appointed thread police.

Never mind me, there are a hundred theories on just about everything FordMods. Although we agree on a lot, we also disagree on a lot. It is such that makes the world turn, people grow and the waters of the world run deep.

That, Mr Mont Sir, is me dribbling s**t.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

i deleted the "dribbling s**t" part of my post as i didnt think it was justified, but seems you read the post before i edited it lol

anyway, my point is the bloke seems to have gone through a bit of effort to arrange this with someone to make them up, worked out prices, gotten approval with admin etc. etc.

then he posts it up, and gets people saying "this wont work" or "your prices are too high", and all it does is discourage anyone trying to get a group buy happening in the future. I cant afford one atm, as my car is crying out for other things, but i think whilst the price is not a bargain, it certainly is fair, considering i couldnt be bothered trying to make something like this myself

Imagine if everyone in this forum jumped in everyones for sale thread with their thoughts...... it would make it a tough place to sell anything.

However i like some other forums rules on, allowing comments in for sale threads, if you can inform others of a better price elsewhere, as it keeps people from being greedy...... but in this case, i dont see anyone else making stainless heat shields for falcons, so he's pretty much justified to ask what he wants as their is no competition

I dont mind the idea of doing tests on some sort of similar heat shielding, and seeing what does and doesnt work the best, as thats what this site is all about!!... BUT why use his for sale thread as a discussion , start your own thread about it, and i will be keen to see the results just like anyone else!!

I hope the mods can delete half these posts, and let the dude get on with trying to sell what looks like a good product.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Whatever. I stand by my request for him to test it and provide the results. That is all I am asking.

I know exactly how tough this site can be to sell anything on. Especially when it's your own product. I speak from experience.

You were even guilty of ""undermining"" FAST-XR (as per my above message) so pot calling kettle black Mr Mont?

AND THAT IS ALL FROM ME. Nothing else will be said on this thread by me, unless it is to congratulate Dawgman on good test results. Promise.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

fiend wrote:

You were even guilty of ""undermining"" FAST-XR (as per my above message) so pot calling kettle black Mr Mont?

f**k off fiend.... i actually just bothered reading your post now

i pm'd you with info i found on the web that i thought was interesting, i personally have no idea if the throttle bodies work or not. Just thought the info was something to think about, now you bring that s**t up which doesnt bother me, dunno how that is comparable to what im trying to get at here.

Shouldnt you be out drinking some sort of mushroom extract, and designing a tripped out picture of your next mod?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next