Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

here is the reply I got ...

Quote:
Hello,

This is the car that you want to buy it 2003 FORD FALCON BA XR6 I said that is an AU(australian model). If you still want o go ahead please send me your full name and address for the shipping in order to contact square trade and they will send you all the paymen details.

Regards

I have since replied with...

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply. If I am going to buy a car from you then I would like to get a little more formal and get to know you. My name is Bruce Wayne and I would dearly like to know yours. I have spoken to my wife Vicky who is very keen on this car. She just loves the colour purple. How does this work for the tranactions to be costed? Is there an export tax I need to pay, or import duty?

Kind Regards,
Bruce Wayne.

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

wow- fast reply from him

Quote:
Hello,

The total price that you'll have to pay is $9000 plus the transfer fees (~300). So,if you still want it I will ask you kindly to send me your full name and complete address for the shipping to contact square trade and they will give you all the payment details.This are my conditions and if you are agree please reply with your details.

Regards

I have gone back to him with

Hello,

ok so total price is about $9300, wow that will fit in my budget. But I am concerned that you will not tell me your name. You can understand my hesitation in dealing with you while I have no idea if this is a real auction or a scam. I've been made fun of by a joker before. I live in Gotham which is a city near Cape Town, Africa. That will give you an idea of where I am for shipping costs. Wow, $300 to get a car delivered to my door, that does sound like a good deal.

Please let me know your details so I can feel assured this is all legal. I don't want to get into any trouble. Must rush, the phone is ringing, I hope it isn't Commissioner Gordon!

Kind Regards,
Bruce Wayne.

FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok he is just pestering me for my address now, so I've given him one. He is my latest reply to who ever he is!

ok, I have looked up Square Trade on the internet and they seem very reputable. My address is

Bruce Wayne
Wayne Mansion
Corner Vale and Robin Streets
Gotham
South Africa 41969

God bless you,
Bruce.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: v6 anniversary accord

NSW, Australia

so does that mean the bat mobile is up for sale or do you need something a little bit less conspicuos for those nites when you and robin go parking....

'WALKER f**k MY WIFE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS s**t SIGGIE'

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:15 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

hahahaha!!!!

Oh man, I didnt even make the connection till Jamie pointed it out!!! :P

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: v6 anniversary accord

NSW, Australia

jumping gee wilikers amber it took you a while but then it was like BAM! POW! KERBLAM! and it hit ya hey...

'WALKER f**k MY WIFE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS s**t SIGGIE'

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

haha!!

Indeed.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: -74 XB Coupe

NSW, Australia

i checked out a BA xr8 same sort of s**t last week .. supposed to have the full DJR options and a whole lot more for only $9300 ( theres that amount again) what a bargain. when i quizzed the guy on why it was so cheap i got this reply:

Hello,

The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.
I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you h ave good taste about cars!This car was never crushed, droped or raced,no scathches,no dents and also it has a clear title. I took care of it like it was my own baby .
The price for the car is AU$ 9,300 including shipping to your home address.Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome,Italy and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.I am in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes,I will pay for the shipping fees.I will arrange for you not to pay any dutyes when the car will pass through customs.In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.
Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade and I have a Purchase Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.If you did not hear about eBay Square Trade here are their terms:
1) If you will not receive the car not as advertised,eBay Square Trade will refund you the whole amount which you paid me(100 %).In case that you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money back from my account.
2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment.You will provide the details to eBay Square Trade.They will verify the payment and if is ok,and the money are availble under my name they will notify me to procede with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify eBay Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.
Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can go forward with this deal!About the payment eBay Square Trade will manage in my place the financial details.
Thank you and have a nice day,Martin
p.s. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact eBay Square Trade to start the deal.

:lol: sounds familiar huh

2006 BF MkII FPV F6 TYPHOON 6sp Manual
Nizpro Injectors, Nizpro Polished Stage 2+ cooler,
X-force 4"dump pipe & 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, Walbro fuel pump
Tunning by BlackTrack Performance.
507.1 RwHp

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

he has since stopped reply to me!! hahahahahahaha

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo man

QLD, Australia

Hahaha sounds like one of those nigerian lost bank account diseased estate type scams..... Classic! Thanks for a bit of entertainment :P

One More Such Victory Until We Are Undone

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Xbcoupe wrote:
i checked out a BA xr8 same sort of s**t last week .. supposed to have the full DJR options and a whole lot more for only $9300 ( theres that amount again) what a bargain. when i quizzed the guy on why it was so cheap i got this reply:

Hello,

The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.
I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you h ave good taste about cars!This car was never crushed, droped or raced,no scathches,no dents and also it has a clear title. I took care of it like it was my own baby .
The price for the car is AU$ 9,300 including shipping to your home address.Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome,Italy and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.I am in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes,I will pay for the shipping fees.I will arrange for you not to pay any dutyes when the car will pass through customs.In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.
Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade and I have a Purchase Protection Account for USD $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.If you did not hear about eBay Square Trade here are their terms:
1) If you will not receive the car not as advertised,eBay Square Trade will refund you the whole amount which you paid me(100 %).In case that you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money back from my account.
2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment.You will provide the details to eBay Square Trade.They will verify the payment and if is ok,and the money are availble under my name they will notify me to procede with the shipping.After you receive and see that the car is the one you want,you just notify eBay Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.
Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can go forward with this deal!About the payment eBay Square Trade will manage in my place the financial details.
Thank you and have a nice day,Martin
p.s. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact eBay Square Trade to start the deal.

:lol: sounds familiar huh

Sounds like an insurance scam. You give him $9300.... which obviously goes into some cayman islands/offshore account.... the car doesnt arrive... you make a claim on Square Trade...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

Happy wrote:
he has since stopped reply to me!! hahahahahahaha

might have to go back to doing something constructive with you life now eh greg? :?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hmmm that means building a limestone wall out the back... ahh s**t!

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

Happy wrote:
hmmm that means building a limestone wall out the back... ahh s**t!

that, or doing a CC install in the Gli eh? :P

R.I.P. Scotty

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next