Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Seadoo XP Jetski
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,
As the topic sugests, i am going to try and sell my jetski.

Its a Seadoo '97-98 XP model, with the suspension seat. (Two seater)
It has the 800cc 2 cylinder 2-stroke motor, 110hp, but i have had a new impeller put in which makes it around 125hp.
It tops out just under 60 mp/h.
It has electronically adjustable trim, thumb throttle.
Has low hours. Was rebuilt just under two years ago ($3,000) and has had about 20-30 hours use since.
Just spent $700+ getting it serviced and the electronics and injection system replaced or serviced.
Absolute great ski to ride, probably one of the best, thats why the hull design won the award for the best design 3 years running.

This ski is very fast, reliable and great fun
*Comes with 2 lanyards (the key to start it)
*Will throw in a L Jetpilot Wetsuit and 2 XL Jetpilot Racing Lifejackets.

The reason i wanted to sell this is because i have owned it for a few years and i my boss is selling his jet boat, so i wouldn't mind playing with that over the next few summers.

I am willing to take anyone who is interested for a test ride, not just to show you how it runs out of the water, which shows nothing.

Asking $8,000 (negotiable of course.)
I'm in Melb. by the way.

Sorry guys but a photo is in my gallery if u want to have a look.

Thanks
Dave

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:28 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

new impeller wont increase hp only increase speed with new pitch still a great improvement to the ski also the jackets that come with the ski a worth a bit to has the ski had fresh or salt water use who rebuilt the motor keen jet ski rider my self

power

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey xwel,
Yeah i know having the impeller replaced wont actually increase the HP, but yeah it gives it a bit more in the top end, which equates (so i'm told to about 15hp increase). Yeah the jackets are pretty good, they're a little bulky if you were going to ride a wakeboard or ski with them, but they're nice to wear when your riding the jetski, plus cause they're the Jetpilot Race vests, they have heaps of padding at the front so it doesn't hurt hitting the water at almost any speed. When i bought them, they were $200 each.
Plus a Mens XL Short Jetpilot Wetsuit, that was over $200 when i got it, hardly ever worn it though, so its in As new Condition.
I got it rebuilt from a local guy in Melb, but he actually gets a totally rebuilt block sent down from QLD Jetsports (where i bought it from actually) and he just installed it for me and sends my old block back up to QLD as a swap. So it was a complete reco/new motor, not just pistons and rings, everything was rebuilt inside the motor.
I had the get the control box for the trim system replaced over a year ago, which was a couple of hundred.
I drove up to QLD with my Dad last October, so i took it up there and got Gold Coast Seadoo to service and replaced anything that needed to be, etc.
It had a Service, Rebuild the carbs(to replace the needle valves), replaced the starter clutch and repair wiring in the stator.
That cost $750.
New impeller was just over $400
It has had a new battery put in it at the start of this summer.

It has had sokme salt water use, but very little. Its been out around Sea World in QLd and in at Williamstown once, probably for a grand total of 5 hours salt water use ever.
The jetski itself has the adaptor to flush it out after using it in salt water. So i run it for a few minutes with tap water flowing through it.

Its always well looked after, if it needs something to be replaced it gets replaced, straight away.

If there's anything else you want to know just ask.

Cheers
Dave

By the way the price is definately neg.
If anyone is serious, you are more than welcome to test ride it.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks Righty, i hope someone wants, it cause its been a heap of fun to use on the w/e. You'd be surprised how many chicks it pulls too. :D
By the way xwel, what's your current ride at the moment.

Dave

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]