Fordmods Logo

Tablet PC, big case, media center remote + keyboard, laptop 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Tablet PC, big case, media center remote + keyboard, laptop
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

HP Compaq TC1100 tablet PC. Top of the range – all the options from factory and further upgrades. See http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quic ... 55_na.HTML for full details. As said this is the fully optioned from factory – so it has the Intel Pentium M 753* (Ultra Low Voltage 1.2-GHz processor, 2-MB cache and 400-MHz Front Side Bus) CPU.
Upgrades are: Hitachi 60GB 7200rpm HDD (faster rpm than factory) and 2 x 1GB Kingston SO-DIMM PC-2700 (333MHz) RAM (2GB total) and upgraded Intel internal wifi card. Is running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with out any dramas!
Genuine accessories included: charger power pack, notebook cover, tablet screen pen and cord, replacement tips for the pen, PC card blanker, SD card blanker, replacement rubber grommits (not sure were these go – but came with spares), black phone cable and black network cable.
Other aftermarket accessories included are: Toshiba carry case bag, Liteon external DVD-RW with USB cable and power pack, 3.5” USB portable diskette drive, metal USB 2.0 4 port hub with USB cable, USB multi card reader writer (SD/MMC/CF/SM/xD etc.) with USB cable, USB extension cable, Cannon SD Memory Card SDC-16M and clear plastic cover, 3Com EtherLink III LAN PC Card for 10BASE-T and Coax.
Included with it are receipts for most of the hardware (the laptop has still yet to run out of warranty – runs out on the 3rd of October this year). All original manuals, DVDs, CDs and paperwork are also included – including the original Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.
Everything is in excellent condition, no dead pixels or scratches on the screen, some scuff marks on plastic and still has great battery life (I get a good 2 and a half hours at uni while using Microsoft Word 2007 and wifi internet).

Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS – black. See http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chas ... 000bws.asp for more details. Includes A2356 Thermaltake Side Panel Upgrade, Silver Aluminium window

. See http://www.thermaltake.com/product/chas ... /a2400.asp for more details. Includes Users Manual. Can provide copy of receipt for both.

Chimei CMV 937A 19” Wide Screen Multimedia TFT-LCD. See http://www.cmv.com.tw/en/product.asp?pi ... 8C4BEBA%7D for more information. Includes brand new power and VGA cable, Quick Setup guide and Warranty Certificate.

Samsung SyncMaster 151s – 15” LCD. See http://www.samsung.com/au/products/moni ... ews_01.htm for more details. Can provide copy of receipt.

MCE Keyboard + Remote sold to Mitch_ pending payment!

Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Centre Edition (seems to run fine on all XP and Vista editions I found). Includes the instruction manual. See http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... px?pid=038 for more information. You require the Remote Control (see below as that includes the receiver). Can provide copy of receipt – still has heaps of warranty left!

Microsoft Remote Control and Receiver for Media Centre PC with Windows (again runs fine on all XP and Vista editions). See http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... px?pid=065 for more details. Can provide copy of receipt – still has heaps of warranty left! Includes the receiver that is used by both the keyboard and remote.

Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. Still under warranty as says on bottom of mouse that it was manufactured in January of 2007. See http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... px?pid=086 for more information. Includes Mouse Software CD, and 2 users manuals.

Hynix 256MB PC-2700, DDR 333MHz, 200 pin SO-DIMM RAM (HYMD232M646D6-J AA). Removed from working HP CompaqTC1100 (but should be compatible with other brands) for upgrade. See http://www.google.com/search?q=HYMD232M646D6-J+&rls=com.microsoft:*&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1 for more details.

SATA to IDE (Parallel ATA) converter – converts SATA HDD to IDE. HW-628.
IDE to SATA converter – does the opposite of above, converts IDE HDD to SATA. HW-629.
http://mayray.en.alibaba.com/product/50188802/51146675/Computer_Accessories/IDE_and_SATA_Converter.html - picture shows the later of the two.
http://www.diytrade.com/directory/global/buy/products/1967782/Connect_an_IDE_hard_drive_to_a_SATA_controller.html - shows later of the two.
Both have been put back into original packaging. Included in the packaging is the SATA data cable and molex to SATA style power adapter.
$10.00 each plus postage – you’ll have to tell me which is which (i.e. tell me if you want the one on the left or the right of the picture) as I’m not sure.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 40 Gbytes ST340014A HDD. Works fine removed as I’ve only got SATA now and was time for some more room. Would work fine with one of the above adapters.

P4-250W Switching Power Supply – ST-250ATXP4.

LG DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive 52x24x52x16x- GCC-4520B.

Victorinox Swissbit 128MB (USB Swiss Army Knife).
Included is the original operating manual, driver and application CD and purchase invoice. Only 6 months old so I assume it still has manufacturer’s warranty.
More information on the manufacturers website at http://www.victorinox.ch/index.cfm?page=157&lang=E .
$25.00.

Alibaba 256MB USB 2.0 memory stick with build in card reader.
See TeraVit.co.kr
See for more details.

KosMost Direct Linq USB to USB data transfer cable. Comes will mini-CD disc that I believe is the drivers for it. I’ve never actually worked it, bought it with the intention to use it with my laptop – ended up just using a normal network cable.

USB Infra-Red. U2IrDA mini 4 MBPS FIR USB IrDA.
See for more details.

AVC C8025S12H DC12V 0.25A sleeve bearing 80mm fan. As far as I remember I removed it as it was noisy.
Free with any other purchase.

Dell Dimension L733r. Intel Pentium III (3) around 800MHz. 2x 128MB SDRAM (256MB total). 2x HDD’s. 48x24x48x CD-RW. Creative PCI sound card. PCI internal modem and network card, and PCI VGA output. Has Microsoft Windows XP Professional installed on it. Nice compact little case could make an alright basic HTPC.

I also have a pile of old manuals and driver CDs that may belong to either of these machines.

Old PC - these details are off my memory - 733MHz Intel Celeron CPU, 2 x 64MB SDRAM (128MB total), 2x HDD (unsure on capacity), CD-ROM and CD-RW, also has some add in cards - internal modem, network card, sound card, and video card for second display, all seems to be working fine, fresh XP install - let me know if you want more accurate details.

Cannon BCI-3e ink cartridges for:
i550, i850, i6100, i6500, S400/S450 series, S500 series, S600 series, S4500, S6300, BJC-3000 series, BJC-6000 series, MultiPASS C100, ImageCLASS MPC600F/400, ImageCLASS MP730/700.
All are Signal Inkjet brand except two genuine Cannon ones (a Yellow and a Cyan). There is 2x black, 4x Cyan, 4x Yellow and 3x Majenta.
They are no good to me as the printer shat itself a while ago and was cheaper to buy a new printer – which is a Lexmark and obviously cannot use these.
$50.00 for the lot.

Last edited by twr7cx on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:18 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

$ on things besides the ink?

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Mate make the text so it fit's on a standard screen and resize pic's to suit.
I might be interested but will not f**k around trying to read sentences that cover two screen width's.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Pictures have all be resized and adjusted to fit on 15" monitors - if your still using a 15" monitor then you definately should check out the 19" widescreen I have for sale above!

Last edited by twr7cx on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:21 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

RedRoo wrote:
I might be interested but will not f**k around trying to read sentences that cover two screen width's.

What he said, lol! :P

We're after a notebook ATM, but geez, I can't see s**t with your post! :?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Amber wrote:
RedRoo wrote:

What he said, lol! :P

We're after a notebook ATM, but geez, I can't see s**t with your post! :?

What they said, the pics are that big we can't actually view the item as 1, have to see it in 10 pieces, totally useless.... Pics don't have to be anymore than 800 wide, why people run bigger is beyond me, not to mention the poor people on dialup, these would time out before they loaded.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Maybe a mod could clean this thread up a bit for me please?

Last edited by twr7cx on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Delete the thread Walker, He could of fixed it if he wanted too and not everyone has broadband in their area.
Bloody hell I've got broadband and it still takes some time to load up.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Edited.

Last edited by twr7cx on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mate I've already stated last night if I could see the items for sale properly I would more than likely be interested in some, DID I NOT?
But for the sake of saving some time you'd rather not be bothered resizing your pic's and keeping text to one screen width,
all because you have a 22" screen?
I know the rules I have followed them

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Edited.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

More prices beside items please, I have only noticed Inks and SATA-IDE adaptors having prices.

I am wondering if there is any bargins I might want :)

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

My guess for the IDE SATA adaptors is this.

Left SATA HDD on IDE
Right IDE HDD on SATA

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

HP Compaq TC1100 tablet PC cost?

Chooka - Ford Fairmont EL
Future Mods coming....

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Krytox wrote:
$ on things besides the ink?

I'm not a shop.
Will go to the best offer.

If you want a guideline/ball park figure, have a look at the manufacturers websites at the RRP (obviously I'll sell for below that). Can also look at staticice.com and other computer parts selling sites.
Also ebay.com.au at what they're selling for on there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next