Fordmods Logo

the Tickford_6 intakes..update..fitted to my car..group buy 

Page 7 of 22 [ 323 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

guys heres an update. and it's not good.

my so called mate that was doing the welding has yet again stuffed me/us around and still hasn't done it yet.
I'm going to get it from him not done and take it to a local engineering firm to be done. have used them befor and the welds although not as good are still very neat. it will cost more but i'm going to have to pay for it, as this has gone on long enough (i'm sure you all agree) there will be no extra cost anyone, i'll have to eccept the loss and move on

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Hmmm, not good to hear mate. I suppose you can't really get a refund for the materials now so it's a bit too late correct? I hope you won't run at too much of a loss by getting the engineering firm to weld them, but just one of those things

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

looks ok but doesnt the rubber flex 90 defeat the purpose of the flow or are these for show

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:

my so called mate that was doing the welding has yet again stuffed me/us around and still hasn't done it yet.
I'm going to get it from him not done and take it to a local engineering firm to be done. have used them befor and the welds although not as good are still very neat. it will cost more but i'm going to have to pay for it, as this has gone on long enough (i'm sure you all agree) there will be no extra cost anyone, i'll have to eccept the loss and move on

So this being the case do you have an ETA on the intakes and tell your so called mate that all of us that have intakes ordered that he is a tosser! Not your fault I feel ya pain!

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Kingkezza wrote:
Hmmm, not good to hear mate. I suppose you can't really get a refund for the materials now so it's a bit too late correct? I hope you won't run at too much of a loss by getting the engineering firm to weld them, but just one of those things

it's not a huge loss, i was running it pretty tight to keep cost and was realying on the cost of welding to make a small profit

i realy am sorry for this guys. at least a full paying paying job at an engineering firm will get done on time

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

oh ok keep us updated

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EFXRWGN wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

So this being the case do you have an ETA on the intakes and tell your so called mate that all of us that have intakes ordered that he is a tosser! Not your fault I feel ya pain!

dont worry i called him a hell of alot worse then tosser

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

Update on intakes please!

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Brad is it a possibility mine may not be ready and send out within a month ? not takin the piss just could be moving to perth in 1-2 months so postal address would change and i'd need to give ya the diff.

Cheers again dude.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Judging by the fact that he didn't pay for his shifter in the group buy, i'm thinking tickford_6 hasn't been on here for a while. Let's hope he hasn't skipped the country...

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Au XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

s**t mate don't get me worried i only work after school and that $220 odd dollars set me back a little, i know its not alot of money to some people but it is to me. Tickford 6 is there an ETA on the intakes cause man i've been waiting a while now.

Go the mighty blue oval!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

tick4d_xr6 wrote:
s**t mate don't get me worried i only work after school and that $220 odd dollars set me back a little, i know its not alot of money to some people but it is to me. Tickford 6 is there an ETA on the intakes cause man i've been waiting a while now.

All of us have been waiting along time but im sure Brads makin his best efforts to get these done.

He's assisted many with info and so on for ages on this forum and highly doubt with the money from a few intakes hes skipped of anywhere.

Give it time.

I'll see if he can put up another update just so you can all relax no at least he's alive and hasnt forgotten ya :)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Concorde

ACT, Australia

damn, 3months and $220, all of you would have been better off going ot your local exhaust shop, atleast you'd have it.

if he couldn't be sure to make them intime shouldn't have made the deal.

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

concorde wrote:
damn, 3months and $220, all of you would have been better off going ot your local exhaust shop, atleast you'd have it.

Yes sure we could have....but the deal was made and organised and Brad has now been f**k around....if youve been involved in any major project work there can be major set backs or unforseen mishaps...just one of those things s**t happens really.

Making comments like that isnt going to help anyone here who was actually participated in this group buy so why say it.....and please dont make aqusations when you dont have enough information to make them.

Realistically if you werent prepared to wait if you have to regardless of whether or not ya think they are gonna be ontime then you shouldnt commit to a purchase

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

concorde wrote:

yeah i can understand how they must all be feeling about it. I'd be the same if the shoe was on the other foot.
There was an unforseen set back and as a result i have put my hand quite deep into my own pocket to get these intake built and sent. This was ment to help my money situation slightly, as you could understand mechanics dont get payed alot of money. it's been a struggle to pay the extra money for what needs to be done.

I really do thank every one for putting up with this.

the good news is i didn't skip town with everyones money and i have a box of finished intake here right that will be sent on monday.

If anyone does want the money back PM me and we'll sort it out

here is one of the finished intakes.
Note the one piece 180degree bend and the better welds from the intake in the first post. quality and detail my friends

NOTE: the copper color in the pic is because i was wearingmy red motocross jersy and the color reflected in the pic

Attachments:
intake15.jpg
intake15.jpg [ 76.52 KiB | Viewed 104 times ]
File comment: finished intakes
intake17.jpg
intake17.jpg [ 77.18 KiB | Viewed 92 times ]

Last edited by tickford_6 on Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 22  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next