Thinking about selling my XR6 Turbo 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Thinking about selling my XR6 Turbo
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Hey guys im thinking about selling my T and getting something like a typhoon but before i sell this i would like to know how much you would pay for it, i i dont get a good price i will keep it and just modify it.

December 2002 BA xr6 turbo (standard never modified)

Venom Red in colour

5 spd manual Maybe through in a T56 and all parts required for the
conversion if i get it.

62000kms on the clock

Leather seats

Factory sunroof

6x9s in tray pioneer

17 inch ba xr wheels

Bf tail lights

K&N panel filter

XR mats if that matters

Maybe through in a T56 and all parts required for the
conversion if i get it and a larger intercooler.

Please let me know what you would pay for it, price range between $20,000 and $30,000.

Cheers

Pete

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

problem will start with it being 2002...

Other than that, should be quite easy to sell...

Doubt it'l be above $24-25k, but thats my opinion and I know f'all lol...

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

does it have books and service records...receipts???

seems like the k's are very low, only good if u can substantiate the claim

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

I'd say about $25,000.

But I'd also keep what you have and modify it. There are some good kits around like Nizpro for example. You'll spend more on the Typhoon and have a less powerful car than if you just modify your XR6T. But if you want the looks as well I'd go the Typhoon option.
You've got some nice options already starting with the sunroof.
I'd be keeping it.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i have the log books. It has been last service at ford at 23,000kms. I dont take it to ford for service because i had a mate that worked at ford close to my place and he said that ford service is really bad, sometime they dont change the oild when they have to etc etc. I change the oil and oil filter every 5000kms im very picky when it comes to servicing, i dont even drive the car if i go over 5000kms from last service, i know it sound maybe wrong but thats me with my cars..

i bought the car with 30000kms and have had it for 15 16 months

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i want a typhoon because of the way it looks handles etc etc and the fact it will hold its value alot more than the xr6t. it a better car over all. as for modding it ill keep all the bits if i have too if not ill buy new kit..

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LUMO wrote:
i have the log books. It has been last service at ford at 23,000kms. I dont take it to ford for service because i had a mate that worked at ford close to my place and he said that ford service is really bad, sometime they dont change the oild when they have to etc etc. I change the oil and oil filter every 5000kms im very picky when it comes to servicing, i dont even drive the car if i go over 5000kms from last service, i know it sound maybe wrong but thats me with my cars..

i bought the car with 30000kms and have had it for 15 16 months

thats cool man....just that buyers love that kind of stuff and can make it easier to sell the car for good money..

people that know cars might not be that bothered but at the same time people that work on cars for a living arnt going to pay market price

my $0.02

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

my old man had his immaculate example for sale at 25g for ages and no-one wanted it, then dropped it to 22g and sold within a week.

when it was still 25g he had a car salesman come over and inspect the car, then he opened a briefcase with 20g, dad told him to f**k off lol

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok well like you said, but would you rather buy a car that has had oil and filter changed every 5000k or a car that has missed its service. ford service the Ts every whet 7500 10000 kms. and i have seen the proof from a mate i freaked.. some s**t they doo like if ther is a lead thats arking they tape it up and thats it s**t like that and more...

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
my old man had his immaculate example for sale at 25g for ages and no-one wanted it, then dropped it to 22g and sold within a week.

when it was still 25g he had a car salesman come over and inspect the car, then he opened a briefcase with 20g, dad told him to f**k off lol

so when he advertised it for 22g did they bargain him down at all or just take it straight away??

and yes i wouldnt take my car to ford for a service.....youd have to have poop for brains

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

your ford dealer maybe better than they are here he told me where and where not to go the dealer he told me to go to was like 2hrs away and they where good, i thort its a bit far..

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

gogetta wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:

so when he advertised it for 22g did they bargain him down at all or just take it straight away??

no he got sick of trying to sell it and paying fees to all the classifieds, seen what others were selling for, so he lowered his a little more to get a buyer.

His car had very low km's and he wasnt really a rev head, but people dont care how much youve looked after it, they just want the cheapest one out there.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
gogetta wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:

no he got sick of trying to sell it and paying fees to all the classifieds, seen what others were selling for, so he lowered his a little more to get a buyer.

His car had very low km's and he wasnt really a rev head, but people dont care how much youve looked after it, they just want the cheapest one out there.

yeah its hard to figure out what goes through peoples heads out there most of the time..

i wonder if its better to have a higher starting price but be prepared to drop it a fair bit, that way the buyer thinks he got a good deal OR start lower but dont move much??

yeah its hard to figure out what goes through peoples heads out there most of the time..

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well thats why im trying to get idea of people will pay for my T a rough idea and see if its worth selling or not...

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If i do sell my t got $25K i will through in a brand new monza intercooler, cobra valve springs, some 3inch piping i have, and if i find my tripod i through that in to.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next