Fordmods Logo

Turbo setup. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Turbo setup.
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Ok guys and girls its time to sell my Turbo setup. I’ve had it on my car for around 10 months.
What you get is:
Turbo Manifold
Garrett TO4B turbo, 1.00 rear, .60 front
Tial 38mm Wastegate, With new genuine Tial Diaphragm
12-1 Rising Rate Fuel Regulator
Brand new Oil return line
Brand new braided oil supply line and T piece
3 inch dump pipe to suit Turbo and Waste gate, runs down and into a modified 3 inch CAT (Has been gutted), then there is a flange plate to bolt the rest of an exhaust to.
Pod filter will 3 inch piping, has bracket to attach to bolt hole of the radiator bottle.
Studs and nuts for the turbo manifold.
And blow off valve

Now the turbo is in very good condition very little play, but I’m having it pulled down and all new bearing installed. I want to be completely happy with the quality when I sell it.

This setup was making around 180rwkw on my 250,000k EF with the standard engine management and injectors at 7psi. This was done on a dyno dynamic dyno, in standard mode, not shootout mode. I’ve had this setup running 15psi but didn’t think the standard bottom end would handle it, the turbo did easily though.

The only thing I’m not selling is the intercooler and intercooler piping, you will have to get them yourself.
Most of the parts are new, or like the turbo, will be checked and re build to new standards.
I’m looking for $2200, for the whole lot. Keep in mind this is nearly everything to get your car turboed, you will just need to get an intercooler, piping and the rest of the exhaust done.
Cheers
Tim

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

im interested in just the turbo, how much man?

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

just out of curiousity, why are you selling it? not happy with the output or need cash fast? LOL :D

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Need to feed my alcohol addiction... :D
Serious, I'm selling it because I'm moving on to a bigger turbo setup. When I bought it I only planed to run low boost (about 8psi) and do nothing to the engine or engine management. As things go, I decided to get engine management low comp head with a lot of port work done to it. Once I had spent all that money I thought I might go to the next step and bolt a huge Turbo to suit the engine and engine management. That’s why half the stuff is going to be brand new, I’m keeping oil lines and those things on my car and just buying new ones to go with the setup.
I'm very happy with the power it put out. To give you an Idea, I know a friend with practically the same kit on his EB. Both my car and his where about on par in power/speed, We can both beat a BA XR8 in a drag. Also I’ve got a mate with an EL XR6 with a Jim mock Dev 6 kit in it, and we drive by him like he is standing still :P
Not to mention my car is an auto with the standard 3.08 diff.

Cheers

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok Price drop $2000, turbo will be back from the shop early this week..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]