Fordmods Logo

Good 1/4 Mile Time? 

Page 5 of 9 [ 122 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

bushy1 wrote:
I think Mr t2te50 needs to sell his car to someone who deserves it because he obviosly doesn't with an attitude like that.

Go Bushy,Go Bushy,Go Go,Go Bushy :D

good girlz drive b**ch toyz
it's mine not his
14.025 @ 98.68m.p.h
Fpv Tickford Owners club of WA Member # 111

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
14.1 from 185kw? What mods you got.

Yeah started out as the 185kw motor, but its a long way from that now...

Currently running a Crane 2030, Crane Springs, YT 1.6:1 RR's, Pacey 4-1's, XForce cats, Lukey 3" single, 3.91:1 gears...

I'd love to get it "edit" tuned by Bluepower or Xtreme Ford Tuning (AFR's alone are arnound 11-11.5:1 during a run), and fit a bigger converter (1st gear in the auto is stupidly tall).

Unfortunately it broke one of the Crane valvesprings last week and now i've got a bent exhaust valve :(

I am pricing up a head rebuild with some nice springs (Isky) and valves (Ferrea 6000 series) plus some mild porting based on the info at http://diyporting.com. Will probably port the lower intake as well based on the info at http://tmossporting.com.

My current PB was in 19 degree air about 4 weeks ago, so some colder air still will help. Would be nice to run a 13.8 with the mild heads, and some cold air (still with stock tune and converter)

Once that is all done and the car is back on the road, I can look at fitting the S-Trim kit :twisted:

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
XR8 girl in what weather conditions did you achieve 14.021 quarter at 98 mph. Just exhaust mods heh? You'd need to be spastic to believe such garbage.
Another to vouch for Xr8girl if it was'nt true she would not have claimed it , after all xr8girl was only asking if it was a good time or not. Not bragging about it , I'd say leave it alone.

BA XR8 blood orange 274.2rwhp stock(dyno dynamics machine.)
www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au
member#13

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

X R8TD wrote:
t2te50 wrote:
XR8 girl in what weather conditions did you achieve 14.021 quarter at 98 mph. Just exhaust mods heh? You'd need to be spastic to believe such garbage.
Another to vouch for Xr8girl if it was'nt true she would not have claimed it , after all xr8girl was only asking if it was a good time or not. Not bragging about it , I'd say leave it alone.

Thank-you fellow FPV/Tickford Owners Club of WA Member :D

it's mine not his
14.025 @ 98.68m.p.h

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

aweosme time from XR8girl
u must know how to thrash your car.

I can understand T2Te50's anger tho, its probably the fastest time i have heard of an AU2XR8 with just exhaust mods running. Keeping up with and beating a Gen3 is definately something ot be proud of.

well done again :D you could of probably peeled a 13 off if u took ur spare out, filter out and let down ur tyres :P

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanx for that memnoch i was thinking the pacies too as the difillipos r a bit mor eexpensive.
i thought that was a realistic time for xr8girl with those mods these au 220 kw motors run some good times if u get them breathing a bit better

series3 xr8 5 speed manual, pacemaker extractors, 3' exhaust, lowered cold air intake, k&n filter, interior, 3.9s
13.9584 @ 98.51 mph 1.9447 60 ft
188.9rwkw 525nm torque
AU2te50 lowered twin 2.5 inch exhaust

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

same with the EL's get them breathing better, they go hard, if i get mine to breath better, i'll breath better :twisted:

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

If it was in victoria with 10 degree temps fair enough but not in WA unless you have a gale blowing behind you. As I said whoosha from AFF has cai,chip, exhaust and matched that time but no way in hell will an exhaust shed that much time.
My car misses that I'm so quick slapping it through the gears. I get a descent chirp 1st to 2nd and the car jolts into 3rd.
I'm not going to lie I feel belittled being outdone by a chick.
the figures don't add up thats why I'm so sceptical. I might be nieve but for good reasons.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
If it was in victoria with 10 degree temps fair enough but not in WA

Have another look at the density altitude...the track at Kwinana is awesome, such good air at that track. Its right on the beach.

What do you mean, your car "misses" when you shift? Sure your not hitting the limiter?

Your time is OK for the MPH, but your car is just not making as much power as xr8girls car (94mph vs 98mph)

When I first started racing my ute, most of my passes where 14.6's @ 94mph, now I am running 14.1's at 98mph. And thats with an auto.

You feel belittled being outdone by a chick? Bwahahahaha!!!!

The figures add up fine. The power is there (mph), and the 60 foot is good.

And there is nothing sexier than a chick driving it like she stole it... :)

Last edited by xr8ute on Tue May 02, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

yeah maybe she has some secret mods.. but she did that time and many people from wa have witnessed it :P

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:29 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Not just an exhaust mate. There's an edit there as well I'm sure, yeah I overreacted but I find it a neccesity to outline all modifications when stating drag times. Why you ask? To prevent reputable forums such as AFF and Ford mods being hijacked by a pack of fraudjulent wankers.

I'm just your regular joe blow service station mech but a very passionate FORD man. Mechanicals I know well but ECU edits etc are black magic to me. Something stinks if you ask me? Anyway I've spilled my guts, sorry for offending anyone. Being a prick sometimes inspires people to think outside the square so its not all bad. :wink:

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

i got a 14.6 in my car with little mods, can someone tell me how i got that, my engine is still a virgin

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
Not just an exhaust mate. There's an edit there as well I'm sure, yeah I overreacted but I find it a neccesity to outline all modifications when stating drag times. Why you ask? To prevent reputable forums such as AFF and Ford mods being hijacked by a pack of fraudjulent wankers.

I'm just your regular joe blow service station mech but a very passionate FORD man. Mechanicals I know well but ECU edits etc are black magic to me. Something stinks if you ask me? Anyway I've spilled my guts, sorry for offending anyone. Being a prick sometimes inspires people to think outside the square so its not all bad. :wink:

Look you little twirp. What does a stock out of the factory AUII XR8 run, 14.6 or 14.8 right? So why the hell is just over half a second off stock time so hard for you to comprehend (tell me if these words are too big for you,won't you).

As for you being "A very passionate FORD man",I personally think you give FORD a BAD name.

You say you're sorry for offending any-one,but your still saying I'm a liar?
Explain that!!

it's mine not his
14.025 @ 98.68m.p.h

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

xr8girl wrote:
t2te50 wrote:

Look you little twirp. What does a stock out of the factory AUII XR8 run, 14.6 or 14.8 right? So why the hell is just over half a second off stock time so hard for you to comprehend (tell me if these words are too big for you,won't you).

As for you being "A very passionate FORD man",I personally think you give FORD a BAD name.

You say you're sorry for offending any-one,but your still saying I'm a liar?
Explain that!!

And if some-one on here from WA wants to PM me I'll meet you somewhere and you can check my car over from top to bottom and from front to rear and they can tell you,spastic,that the only thing they see is headers,hi-flow cats,exhaust and a short shifter..Oh but wait a minute,I bet you'll turn around and say they're in cahoots with me right???

it's mine not his
14.025 @ 98.68m.p.h

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

lol, you're williing to go to great lengths just to prove wrong some idiot on an internet forum!

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 9  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next