Fordmods Logo

QUOTE - quarter mile times have u run or a friend has ?????? 

Page 17 of 24 [ 349 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Thats why i said it was basically stock, cause he got some HGSV headers which are s**t compared to any other aftermarket brand, and from the rear muffler back i think was new, or just the rear tip. That was it, hardly any mods. s**t you could option it like from the factory if you wanted. But i get where you're coming from.

He's a good rider, but apprently guys from the store where he got, can run high 9's on a stock bike, cause they can keep the front down. Thats running Flat 10's without giving it full throttle in 1st and part of 2nd gear.
Cause you just can't keep the front down. (I don't have th balls to open it up that fast, but p***y footing it down the strip i can still run a 12 on it)

I didn't really think that the R31 times were ridiculously quick, i mean its a relatively light car, with a manual RB30, exhaust and headers, plus 3.7's.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

i reckon its quick as for an r31.. i have blown away every n/a r31 ive ever raced..

also the factory figure for a 1/4 mile is 10.1 or something with a proffesional rider so what makes me think thats a fast drag strip!

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've never heard the factory figure of 10.1
If it is then my mates riding it well, and yet the Suzuki dealer he got it from said that if all he can get is a 10 flat, there's still a fewmore tenths in it, if he can keep the front down and give it more in 1st and 2nd gear.

But Heathcote definately isn't a quick track, its one of the slowest in the country. Slightly uphill and all the times were recorded during the day, not at night temp's either.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

eed-250 wrote:
i reckon its quick as for an r31.. i have blown away every n/a r31 ive ever raced..

also the factory figure for a 1/4 mile is 10.1 or something with a proffesional rider so what makes me think thats a fast drag strip!

Depends how the factory obtained their times. If the factory got there times from a G-tech or Vbox, etc, then these times will be a few tenths (give or take) slower than drag strip times.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

have a look at this 1200 hp out of a twin turbo factory GT40

ET 10.4 seconds @144.9 mph this was a time they ran in supercharged mode

now its a twin turbo setup , there making well over 1183hp @ 21psiboost

checkout the film clip it takes ages to download , we are talking about a 20 minute clip , worth the downlaod , here is the website link and go to the videos section http://www.turbofordgt.com/web/index.ph ... e&Itemid=1

brett that was a awsome film clip

cheers

PS: Have also EB fairmont sedan , EA station wagon , EA sedan On LPgas in date system with recondition head and head gasket change recently ,Have other rims and a few tyres also , will consider offers on XE/F snowflakes have a few sets , XC GXL factory allys a few sets with VGC tyres on them , some aftermarket 12 slotters sets , EB/D XR8 rims and tyres in VGC , Commodore Alloys in 17inch with very good tyres and more , Have 10* 351/302 cleveland long motors , cleveland heads,inlet 4V &2V 2barrel&4 barrel spread&square bore patners , 5*V8 4spd toploaders manual gearboxs , 6* V8&6cylinder 4 spd singlerail manual gearbox setups , 11* 9inch diff centers from 28 to 31 spline 2.75 , 3.0, 3.25, 3.5, 3.7,3.9 to 4.11:1 ratio LSD and single wheeler centers , its time to clean up cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon MkII

WA, Australia

I've just put my best time up on the registry.

However as it was done in the dragster, it doesn't really fit any of the categories on there.

So, for now I put it on the N/A V8 list.

It kinda kills everyone though.

:roll:

Kel.
BHR
A/MD 1272
240 inch Dragster
466 Big Block Ford
650hp
8.40 @ 156mph (251kph)

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

My brother inlaws GSX 1100 went from running high 11's - low 12's in Street Bike format,
to running constant 9's in competition bike format,
It was featured in a ANDRA magizine in the early 90's as being the quickest bang for your buck bike running at the Nationals at calder park
due to the fact the bike cost about $3,500 to make using second hand race bike parts.
Some off the specs I remember it ran were big bore kit, quick shift air shifter kit, 12" wide rear sticky drag tyre,
streached and modified standard frame, 1.25lt fuel tank, lock up clutch and a one piece home made body kit.

Best I did at calder on my one and only pass on the bike,
was a 12.5 second pass in competition bike race spec's.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The bikes are f**k quick.
I mean guys in the States run 7-8 sec quarters on pretty well stock engined bikes, with swing arm extensions.
Such a different experience trying to ride a bike hard down the quarter though!

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Damn that must have been a gem of a statto or my EL must be quicker then I thought because My mates statesman is dead even with me and he got an LSD in his.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i'm not sure, but its pulled a healthy 145rwkw on the same dyno on the same day as mates EL XR6's pulled from 119-129rwkw, and an AU XR8 220kw, pulled 146rwkw.
It was half a car length ahead of my XR8 when both were stock...

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damn. Surely there was something else going on with the car. No way a stock AUTO VS statto is pulling 146rwkw and making a 15 flat.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I thought it was crap too. It s Series 2 or 3, so i thought it got the 179kw motor, but swears it only has their 165kw motor.
Yet a mates VS SS manual, got hosed by me, every single time, even if i had more people in the car. But the heavier, auto stato just pipped me.
If the mods would let him, he wanted to come drag at the Heathcote.
Now with a shift kit, it should be into the 14's, with exhaust, s**t extractors and shift kit.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Its definately got something else going on if its producing those times and power. Maybe something internal done before your mate owned it that he didnt notice.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nah as far as we know there's nothing else done to it.
He bought it from a Holden dealer, and managed to get hold of the previous owner that traded it in for a newer Statesman. He ended up saying it was just an upgrade, and the car was stock, and confirmed the km's it had done, etc. It was an old guys car beforehand, and only one owner before my mate.

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Mte of mine owns a little Proton Satria (EVLJOE)
His best time is 10.9@125mph.

Galant VR4 turbo engine, EVOIII running gear, GT35R turbo ... 100 shot of NOS. And a hell of a lot of worn involved ... built at home ... sis pretty much all of the work himself.

295kW at all 4 wheels ... no NOS.

His last run he smashed his transfer-case in many pieces.

Power ha been upped again ... and I think he is getting a larger turbo now for it ... looking for 9's ... if he doesn't break anything though

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Sort by  
 Page 17 of 24  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next