Fordmods Logo

Choockpen Fighting 

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Choockpen Fighting
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon ED

QLD, Australia

I am just wondering, society seems to be getting more and more violent. Obviously there are many reasons for this, and even advances in media communications might just make it seem like things are getting more violent.
The old days of "You and me outside!", a few punches thrown, the matter considered sorted out... Has been apparently replaced by glassing somebody's face, king hitting them in the back of the head, and stomping on peoples head while they are unconcious.
My question is do these current disciplines of choockpen fighting like UFC etc., where pretty well anything goes, encourage an unreasonable level of savagery? Boxing also has the primary objective of beating your opponent to a bloody pulp, but has some rules and guidelines of fair play.
What happens wher we get bored with the choockpen format? are they going to allow clubs and knives or something?

Post subject: Re: Choockpen Fighting
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: AUII XR6

NSW, Australia

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:
I am just wondering, society seems to be getting more and more violent. Obviously there are many reasons for this, and even advances in media communications might just make it seem like things are getting more violent.
The old days of "You and me outside!", a few punches thrown, the matter considered sorted out... Has been apparently replaced by glassing somebody's face, king hitting them in the back of the head, and stomping on peoples head while they are unconcious.
My question is do these current disciplines of choockpen fighting like UFC etc., where pretty well anything goes, encourage an unreasonable level of savagery? Boxing also has the primary objective of beating your opponent to a bloody pulp, but has some rules and guidelines of fair play.
What happens wher we get bored with the choockpen format? are they going to allow clubs and knives or something?

Ithink the whole ufc is retarded, bunch of blokers fighting for no reason, boxing and kicking box are old as father time almost, a sence of respect for the boxers etc (not idiots like mundine etc)

the ufc format is just dumb, who gets rocks of this? any one seen damage same idea but more underground.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i am a ufc fanatic, it is a sport, just like boxing, football etc..
nothing wrong with it, infact its the quickst growing sport in the world,
why is it any worse then boxing, kick boxing or wrestling???
there is more technique involved in ufc then there is in any other martial art..

anyways apart from that.. i agree with the bashing's, its all you see on the news these says, its weak, cowardly and immorally wrong..

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:07 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

You me carpark now! in the words of blokesworld.
I wholeheartedly agree with the "lets punch on and see who comes out on top"
Unfortunately the law doesnt see it my way :(
The ufc does have a high level of skill but i hate the cuddling and hugging part, stand up and punch and kick the s**t out of each other :twisted:
Muai thai is the most brutal sport in the world and also the best to watch :D
Not that i like fighting 8-)

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Froudey wrote:

Ithink the whole ufc is retarded, bunch of blokers fighting for no reason, boxing and kicking box are old as father time almost, a sence of respect for the boxers etc (not idiots like mundine etc)

the ufc format is just dumb, who gets rocks of this? any one seen damage same idea but more underground.

You do know that ufc fighters get paid hundreds of thousands to fight right, there is a good reason to fight.
Its their job and it supports their families, might not be everyones cup of tea but they love it :D

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

milo 302 wrote:

The ufc does have a high level of skill but i hate the cuddling and hugging part, stand up and punch and kick the s**t out of each other :twisted:

muai thai is awsome to watch, especialy when its proper thai rules when they can use their elbows and headbuts as well. Here in australia we hapen to have two of the best MT fighters of recent times, John Wayne Parr and Paul Briggs have been multiple world championship winners and John is the only non thai to ever be invited to fight at the kings birthday celebrations. on another note both of these guys have now converted to conventional boxing, John had a fight against mundine and lost on a points decision after punching the crap out of mundine(apparently you dont lose points for running away) and mundine wont give him a rematch. Paul has been trying to get a fight with Roy Jones Jnr but Jones has said no way in the world will I get in the ring with him.

off topic I know but just thought it might be interesting.

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:03 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

ebxr82nv wrote:
milo 302 wrote:

muai thai is awsome to watch, especialy when its proper thai rules when they can use their elbows and headbuts as well. Here in australia we hapen to have two of the best MT fighters of recent times, John Wayne Parr and Paul Briggs have been multiple world championship winners and John is the only non thai to ever be invited to fight at the kings birthday celebrations. on another note both of these guys have now converted to conventional boxing, John had a fight against mundine and lost on a points decision after punching the crap out of mundine(apparently you dont lose points for running away) and mundine wont give him a rematch. Paul has been trying to get a fight with Roy Jones Jnr but Jones has said no way in the world will I get in the ring with him.

off topic I know but just thought it might be interesting.

Just between me and you i reckon wayne parr is an absolute legend, didnt know about j.w and mundine.
Wayne parr doesnt box anymore he got sick of the b.s decisions, just muai thai.
Always glad to hear about the gunslinger :D and anyone out of the boonchu gym

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

a ufc fighter will kick the s**t out john wayne parr and paul briggs.... AND CHUCK Norris all in 1 setting

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
a ufc fighter will kick the s**t out john wayne parr and paul briggs.... AND CHUCK Norris all in 1 setting

Have you ever seen real muai thai? ufc guy would possibly have a chance in a ufc environment but otherwise I dont think so. for training MT fighters get flogged with all manner of nasty s**t so their hard as nails. my money would be on briggs and parr in any setting, and as for norris he's and old man now but he'd still flog 99% of us I'd say :D

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Holden WK Statesman

VIC, Australia

Not Chuck Norris.. never lol. A lot of UFC fighters are over rated (Gracie is one of them), many are talent-less and think they are top sh*t. A funny thing is that Dana from the UFC can't even sign the greatest MMA fighter in the world to their "ultimate" fighting championship (just in case you don't know who I speak of it is Fedor Emelianenko), And one final thing J.W.P is a bloody legend. You can't compare different fighters from different martial arts, chalk and cheese. Parr in his own right is a legend just as Couture and Kostya Tszyu are in theirs.

The People's Dog

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i do gracie jui-jitsu and have been for many years, i can tell you that the gracies are not over rated. they are stupid dum and arrogant.. they are good in there own sport and thats it..

most fighters these days are very very well rounded, most have black belt jui-jitsu, pro wrestling championships behind them and are rated very high in muai thai, karate etc..

i have no doubt that going toe to toe they will come out on top of any one sided martial art..

as for ufc being to stupid to sign the worlds best fighter, its not because ufc doesn't want to or fedor doesn't want to, its because fedor owns a large share of strike force, if he fights for another organization then what does that say about his??

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

4dlvr wrote:

Yeah nice one bruv, ufc is all hugs and love cuddles.
The only time i chose to touch another bloke is on the end of my fist :twisted:

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Watching royce gracie or whatever his name is was boring, he has no stand up and just tries to go to ground and submit them.
best fights in ufc history havent ended on the ground, everyone loves standup :D
This could go on forever...

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
Watching royce gracie or whatever his name is was boring, he has no stand up and just tries to go to ground and submit them.
best fights in ufc history havent ended on the ground, everyone loves standup :D
This could go on forever...

he stick to one style of fighting, the style that his family invented, bjj(Brazilian jui jujitsu)
Infact it was the gracie family that began ufc, it was ment to be a style vs style organization (bjj vs boxing, muai thai vs karate, you get the vibe)..

it has since advanced to a fighter vs fighter thing since everyone does everything these days

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: AUII XR6

NSW, Australia

I do rather the Maui Tie thingy over UFC..... more movement less hugging as it was said and more sport like.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next