Fordmods Logo

Fordmods Advertising

It doesent get any better than this! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: It doesent get any better than this!
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon ED

QLD, Australia

Now I know I can be a bit of a whinger at times, but when can we expect to see a fishing show on telly where the guy does NOT say "It doesent get any better than this!" each and every time he catches a bloody fish. Logically, if it didnt get any better, then the guy would be catching larger and larger fish until he takes his effeminate whooping/laughing on board a whaling ship. As it stands, there seems to be no clear parameters where "as good as it gets" is reset to a small bream or whiting creating heaps of excitement and joviality.
Now I have noticed this insidious and vaccuous statement has crept into other sporting commentary such as netball and cricket, and its a bit confusing to think Liz Ellis throwing a hoop or a one-legged seagull on the pitch at the cricket match can somehow be compared to some wombat catching undersized fish and giggling about it like a schoolgirl.
Even more disturbingly, its made its way into the V8 supercar series, and was it Ingall/Holdsworth/Kelly racing for 8th 9th and 10th that got "It doesent get any better than this!"... Except clearly it does in motor racing, as the same people racing for the top 3 spots would be much better in everybodies opinion, at least the competitors and spectators if not the commentators.

Post subject: Re: It doesent get any better than this!
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yibbida Yibbida... that's all I'll say.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Topic of the year I must say.

I think old wombat catching undersized fish is basically rubbing salt into the wounds of people who don't have time to fish yet he gets paid a mint to catch undersized pilchards whilst using the most expensive equipment money can buy.

Think about it. Of course the actual catch can get a lot better than this, but the equipment is real open chequebook stuff. 100+k tow vehicle, approx 100k boat and the best rods, reels and line you've ever seen. Just to be given the privilege to play with those toys day in day out is enough for me to say "It doesn't get any better than this". Regardless of weather I catch 400+kg marlin, undersized carp, or absolutely sfa.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:
From the sound of it, if it was raining sex you'd catch a poofter.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:

I agree, topics don't get any better than this!

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:

I think old wombat catching undersized fish is basically rubbing salt into the wounds of people who don't have time to fish yet he gets paid a mint to catch undersized pilchards whilst using the most expensive equipment money can buy.

Think about it. Of course the actual catch can get a lot better than this, but the equipment is real open chequebook stuff. 100+k tow vehicle, approx 100k boat and the best rods, reels and line you've ever seen. Just to be given the privilege to play with those toys day in day out is enough for me to say "It doesn't get any better than this". Regardless of weather I catch 400+kg marlin, undersized carp, or absolutely sfa.

"it doesnt get any better than this" i beg to differ....

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 96 EF Ghia wagon

Power: 122 rwkw

SA, Australia

The bit you didn't see on the Fishing Show :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stock as a Rock engine option 'Z'
302 V8 auto on LPG @ 210,00km
- 121.7 rwkW / 163.3 rwHP

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I dunno about you x3ros but copping a bit of gobby whilst trying to drink a beer and hold your fishing line aint really my cup of tea.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:
From the sound of it, if it was raining sex you'd catch a poofter.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I dunno about you x3ros but copping a bit of gobby whilst trying to drink a beer and hold your fishing line aint really my cup of tea.

i know what you mean...i'd prefer a bourbon

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]