Fordmods Logo

10 second turbo Fords? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:49 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I am chasing up some budget built 10 second cars. Street Fords have had Tim Jetson's 9 second EA which was built for $12k. I am after anything similar. Doesn't have to be pretty or even street rego'd, just has to go hard.

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

Dr_Hoon wrote:
I am chasing up some budget built 10 second cars. Street Fords have had Tim Jetson's 9 second EA which was built for $12k. I am after anything similar. Doesn't have to be pretty or even street rego'd, just has to go hard.


10 sec cars
here is a 11 sec
http://www.undrprsr.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=40

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Dr_Hoon wrote:
I am chasing up some budget built 10 second cars. Street Fords have had Tim Jetson's 9 second EA which was built for $12k. I am after anything similar. Doesn't have to be pretty or even street rego'd, just has to go hard.


10 sec cars
here is a 11 sec
http://www.undrprsr.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=40



very cool! i am in the process of getting my clevo XD project underway :)

but we are chasing a turbo 6 like a cortina or boxcar or something similar.

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Rollin on boostedfalcon? IIRC his complete build, with 4 different turbo's and a few other things was around $25k but he did only run a 12.3@114mph

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2058

Joined: 25th May 2006

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

There is a turbo EL XR6 over here getting around the 9.1 second mark, costs a motsa to get there.


Though it has had the motor built, runs around 22-24 psi and for a while it was running a stock log manifold from an ED, turbo log manifold and a to4Z. Also runs a powerglide with a big stall and transbrake. Now running a twin throttle custom intake from when it was supercharged.

I reckon there wouldnt be change from 30-40 grand...

 

_________________

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

no turbo cortinas or crossflow XFs?

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 1112

Joined: 18th Jan 2005

Location: MAFFRA
VIC, Australia

if you want turbo crossflows check xfalcon.com i dunno what times xo747 runs,but there are lots of boosted cars there

 

_________________

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

12k??
almost impossible sorry to say..
even with all the mechanical work, tuning etc done your self your still looking at 20-30k..
sorry for being no help. but i thought id let you no now
quality parts = quality times

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
12k??
almost impossible sorry to say..
even with all the mechanical work, tuning etc done your self your still looking at 20-30k..
sorry for being no help. but i thought id let you no now
quality parts = quality times


12k for parts as all the labour was 'free'. who knows if he was telling the truth?

Parts: EF engine, tri metal head gasket, cam, valve springs, std BA turbocharger, cheap front mount, 15 year old Wolf V+1 ecu, a mini spooled 3.08 borg warner and a built C9 auto

he did bin one auto, which isn't included in the $12k, however when he first ran into the tens he'd spent less than $12k

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

i dunno mate, you will need alot more then that, and even that is getting close to 12k..
think of it this way and this is being super optimistic,
parts
complete rebuilt top and bottom end motor - 3k
c4 or c9(more for powerguide) + torque converter - 2k
tail shaft + diff - 1k
3inch stainless steel exhaust - 1k
turbo + intercooler + bov + piping + oil lines etc - 5k (standard xr6t{gt35/40} will never get you in the 9's.. sorry mate)
suspension - $150
rubber to get the car moving??? -1k
ecu - 1k


even that has long shot of making 400rwkw?? which is what youl need to get a big a** falcon to get into the 9's

not many people have done it mate, and for a very good reason..
if we were talking high 11 low 12, 12k is possible

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
i dunno mate, you will need alot more then that, and even that is getting close to 12k..
think of it this way and this is being super optimistic,
parts
complete rebuilt top and bottom end motor - 3k
c4 or c9(more for powerguide) + torque converter - 2k
tail shaft + diff - 1k
3inch stainless steel exhaust - 1k
turbo + intercooler + bov + piping + oil lines etc - 5k (standard xr6t{gt35/40} will never get you in the 9's.. sorry mate)
suspension - $150
rubber to get the car moving??? -1k
ecu - 1k


even that has long shot of making 400rwkw?? which is what youl need to get a big a** falcon to get into the 9's

not many people have done it mate, and for a very good reason..
if we were talking high 11 low 12, 12k is possible


umm, the parts I listed were exactly what was in the car when we featured it in Street Fords. It is not a hypothetical. He has run 9's for what he has said is 12k worth of parts.

EDIT: I just found the tech sheet and the article reprinted with additions into Xtreme Fords issue 8. With the turbo kit, built C9, pump fuel, street tyres and full exhaust he ran an 11.5. He then destroyed the tailshaft at 120mph. With another auto and tailshaft, no exhaust, slicks and race fuel he went 10.50. It made 387rwkw at 21psi. The best time with version one of the car was 10.16 at 135mph. They then upgraded to a later model Wolf V500 ECU, repositioned the upper control arms, and built a tough bottom end. It then went 9.9.

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Last edited by Dr_Hoon on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
i dunno mate, you will need alot more then that, and even that is getting close to 12k..
think of it this way and this is being super optimistic,
parts
complete rebuilt top and bottom end motor - 3k
c4 or c9(more for powerguide) + torque converter - 2k
tail shaft + diff - 1k
3inch stainless steel exhaust - 1k
turbo + intercooler + bov + piping + oil lines etc - 5k (standard xr6t{gt35/40} will never get you in the 9's.. sorry mate)
suspension - $150
rubber to get the car moving??? -1k
ecu - 1k


even that has long shot of making 400rwkw?? which is what youl need to get a big a** falcon to get into the 9's

not many people have done it mate, and for a very good reason..
if we were talking high 11 low 12, 12k is possible


epic lols at this post.

From the authoritative tone to the rediculously priced parts and assumptions that a 35/40 isnt big enough to run a 9 when it has been done in both BA's and this particular EA which has actually run a 9.

A+++ post.

Last edited by Dansedgli on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:17 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 249

Joined: 20th May 2007

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

Location: Brisvegas baby
QLD, Australia

gt47r $5000
2jz $3000
eb falcon $500
running a ten on stock internals in a car thats a bit different PRICELESS

 

_________________

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 199

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
4dlvr wrote:
3inch stainless steel exhaust - 1k


epic lols at this post.

From the authoritative tone to the rediculously priced parts and assumptions that a 35/40 isnt big enough to run a 9 when it has been done in both BA's and this particular EA which has actually run a 9.


everyone has to learn, dan!

although needing a $1k stainless steel exhaust to run 9's when the dude doesn't run an exhaust is a bit lol

 

_________________

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 10 second turbo Fords?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Dr_Hoon wrote:
Dansedgli wrote:
4dlvr wrote:
3inch stainless steel exhaust - 1k


epic lols at this post.

From the authoritative tone to the rediculously priced parts and assumptions that a 35/40 isnt big enough to run a 9 when it has been done in both BA's and this particular EA which has actually run a 9.


everyone has to learn, dan!

although needing a $1k stainless steel exhaust to run 9's when the dude doesn't run an exhaust is a bit lol


I want to see how his budget works when he finds out what a C9 capable of holding 350rwkw costs!
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names