Fordmods Logo

3.8 V6, extractors/exhaust/cold intake and 10PSI.. why ??? 

Page 4 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: 3.8 V6, extractors/exhaust/cold intake and 10PSI.. why ???
Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

badcooky wrote:
probably also depends on where that 21psi is being made.
21psi @ 5000rpm? doubtful.
the M90 prob drops off boost the higher the RPM's go as it can't keep up anymore.
unlike the raptor which needs RPM.

Agreed on some of it.
I don't think the M90 will push 21 on a 3.8 at any speed or pulley myself it's not a big enough unit.
I've got about 3lbs boost by 2600 revs and more outright RWKW at those revs than the N/A BA six with extractors and stuff,with a sick torque output to boot so i don't need to rev it that hard to get going..[/quote]

Guess we will know soon enough... I'll have one in my EL soon.. with water to air etc.. so will see what it's capable of... I expect to have to reduce the pulley size significantly to get the boost I want.

I'm not interested in huge power at 6000 rpm anyway.. I want a huge fat power band and massive torque lower down where I spend alot more time.

I meant to ask... my M90 was not off a commonwhore, but rather off a factory V6 mustang (so I'm told)
Any idea what motor was in the mustang and what power it put out at what PSI?? The M90 I have was taken from a mustang in the US, and bolted to a Delorian engine.. which promptly put a rod though the side... so he sold it to me. With a 10psi pulley I should get great torque and power down low and still do ok up to 5500 past which I wont' rev it anyway.

Some interesting vids of M90's on Mustang V6's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8E5qfePMwE

Im putting down 374rwhp and 431rwtq on a fully built 4.3 stroker and all the M90 stuff is aftermarket.
/quote

Post subject: Re: 3.8 V6, extractors/exhaust/cold intake and 10PSI.. why ???
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5lt Turbo NC, TE V6 Gemini

VIC, Australia

Hmmm... i've got a mate with a HSV VT XU6, his mods are only a 10psi pulley, and roller rockers...and his XU6 to 140k smokes any stock SS / XR8 ive been in... and has never ever had a problem with reliability... im so impressed by his super 6 that im swapping the buick in my Gemini for one...

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4