Fordmods Logo

4.0L I6 Supercharger kits 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: 4.0L I6 Supercharger kits
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Just wondering if anyone else besides Capa make em for the 4.0L I6 SOHC? Purely out of interest.

Post subject: Re: 4.0L I6 Supercharger kits
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else besides Capa make em for the 4.0L I6 SOHC? Purely out of interest.

there is a place that fits a positive displacment supercharger to the I6's. The top half of the broadband manifold is removed and the blower sits on top of the lower half of the manifold.

http://www.forcedairtech.com.au/

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

CAPA is the sole supplier of powerdyne and vortechs. Even the people who fit them (APS i think? Herrod?) source them from CAPA.

Could order a vortech/powerdyne elsewhere but you'd be in custom territory or ordering an $800 bracket from CAPA to fit the engine.

Dont stuff around - call CAPA.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
CAPA is the sole supplier of powerdyne and vortechs. Even the people who fit them (APS i think? Herrod?) source them from CAPA.

Could order a vortech/powerdyne elsewhere but you'd be in custom territory or ordering an $800 bracket from CAPA to fit the engine.

Dont stuff around - call CAPA.

There pretty exy.
Mom's hassling me to sell my bike after the resent string of bike crashes and that around here. It'd leave me with about 5 grand burning in my pocket which isn't really enough for a Capa kit - plus I'd need some extra to sort out the LPG - I reckon I'd aim at going LPG only ditch the petrol. I'm not interested in a turbo because it'd be laggy on the auto and I like my auto, not interested in going manual atm. But after riding around on the bike all day today I dunno if I'd be able to give it up... Such hard choices.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

after being in a 9psi capa supercharged car and a 9psi T04 turbo'd car.
both with 3.08 single spinners, both with roughly the same power (190rwkw)
i'd go as far to say the difference in lag wasnt that bad... and with a change to 3.45 in the turbo car is made a massive difference.
but.... supercharger gets a mad sound :D

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

THere was an advert in Perth Street Car about 6 months ago for a guy who was making up keeps for the 4l falcon for about $3200.
I will check tonight and see if i can find the advert. I dont know how good they are but they are about half the price of the CAPA kit. Obviously not tried and test but not overpriced to go with it.

Post subject: Re: 4.0L I6 Supercharger kits
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

EF 4.9 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

there is a place that fits a positive displacment supercharger to the I6's. The top half of the broadband manifold is removed and the blower sits on top of the lower half of the manifold.

http://www.forcedairtech.com.au/

There even more exy than Capa and they're power expectations are lower (160kw). I presume when Capa claim 200kw they're talking rear wheels.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Sweet and neat.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

no, capa talk in FW KW.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Price is s**t - nearly $8000 for a supercharger setup. No thanks.
At that price i would ratherl sign up for a turbo with proper engine management system and new injectors.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

VIC, Australia

theres two main diffrences in the CAPPA and FAT systems, cappa is centrivical (spelling) and fat is positive!
those two cars the guy spoke about earlyer the turboed and sc one if it had of been a 9psi postive displacement supercharger it would have eat the turbo off the line, and so an so on.

because the cetrivical (spelling) superchargers still are like a turbo they spoller up they are still a blower but the positive is a compresser and is always on boost

Spooling soon...

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Dont agree with the beating turbo bit. Turbos almost always make more power as they do not drain power from the engine to do it. With a supercharger you must give away 15%(im guessing) to make 30% while a turbo is free power as it runs off your exhaust.
The clutch or a high stall will help the turbo get off the line quick or a small turbo will give good low and mid power without the massive top end kick that most people expect.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

MO wrote:
Dont agree with the beating turbo bit. Turbos almost always make more power as they do not drain power from the engine to do it. With a supercharger you must give away 15%(im guessing) to make 30% while a turbo is free power as it runs off your exhaust.
The clutch or a high stall will help the turbo get off the line quick or a small turbo will give good low and mid power without the massive top end kick that most people expect.

Remember that the backpressure in a turbo exhaust system is similar to the boost produced in the manifold... nothing is free in this game.

Turbo/supercharger is a well documented debate. PD/centrifugal also - have a search around.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
MO wrote:

Remember that the backpressure in a turbo exhaust system is similar to the boost produced in the manifold... nothing is free in this game.

Turbo/supercharger is a well documented debate. PD/centrifugal also - have a search around.

They didn't use blowers in F1 when it was allowed they where all turbo..Yes p/d does have good boost down low rpm but quickly looses it in upper rpm...Also blowers have issues with epa more so than turbo's..It's often more a time thing rather than rpm spool with turbo's but there are too many variables in each application..First you don't need lots of power initially at drags as wheelspin is an issue..Turbo's love and go better with higher final drives also..At stalled up auto with GT3040 turbo will easly spin slicks if wanted so there is issue power wise, even on a big-sh turbo like that 1.06 turbine...But realy its horses for courses both can be built to suite what you want..Another slight advantage is turbo's power can be adjusted at the steering wheel...A s/c engine generally needs stronger rotating assembly in upper power levels compared to turbo's..But then again that depends on tune....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:04 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

F1's were supercharged back in the 20's and 30's (yeah a long time ago)
http://www.virtualitalia.com/sports/formula1p1.shtml

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next