Fordmods Logo

4LTR-JET PB:9.1@150MPH!! 

Page 9 of 13 [ 188 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post subject: Re: 4LTR-JET with pics of Rajabracing i6 Plenum
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

HiBoost wrote:
EBXR8380 wrote:
With quick cars like that I suspect the power steering, air con, front sway bar etc is removed. Along with sound deadening etc..
Possibly changes to rear suspension geometry and GOOD C4 / TH400 auto , Powerglide..
Slicks, spool etc ...
90% of good times is in launch, 60ft times..Which is not exactly a street car..
Which is possibly why he doesn't show pics etc...
Which a std auto, rear suspension cannot do...
Adjusable trailing arms are available through Whiteline ...

it still has power steering just look at the pics.no aircon. but everything under the dash is still in, ITS STILL HAS THE HEATER.it even still has all the sound deadening on it..
STOCK STANDARD SUSPENSIONS/sprins is what i still have on the car.i also still dont have ADJUSTABLE trailing arms!

my current 60ft times are around 1.5-1.6 coz of lack of traction.

I just went back over the thread, looking at the pics & wow! Some stock bits still & so fast.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
HiBoost wrote:
EBXR8380 wrote:
With quick cars like that I suspect the power steering, air con, front sway bar etc is removed. Along with sound deadening etc..
Possibly changes to rear suspension geometry and GOOD C4 / TH400 auto , Powerglide..
Slicks, spool etc ...
90% of good times is in launch, 60ft times..Which is not exactly a street car..
Which is possibly why he doesn't show pics etc...
Which a std auto, rear suspension cannot do...
Adjusable trailing arms are available through Whiteline ...

it still has power steering just look at the pics.no aircon. but everything under the dash is still in, ITS STILL HAS THE HEATER.it even still has all the sound deadening on it..
STOCK STANDARD SUSPENSIONS/sprins is what i still have on the car.i also still dont have ADJUSTABLE trailing arms!

my current 60ft times are around 1.5-1.6 coz of lack of traction.

I just went back over the thread, looking at the pics & wow! Some stock bits still & so fast.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Yea I'm not saying it isn't .. Just that cars doing around these times have this done..
Especially [SORTED] trans and suspension mods.. Getting it down to the ground is the issue..
Some very quick cars out there with modest power numbers...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Nice work getting it to run so fast.

However calling everyone on here looking for info "freeloaders" is a bit rough, considering that is the whole point of this forum.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

First off it's f**k awesome to see someone put so much time, effort, r&d & cash into an EL to run some wicked times......A FORD not a Holden not even a B series or a FG....a Eseries :)

Secondly what's the point of him telling everyone the exact details of his car as no one has the cash to replicate it or even copy it

The simplest of parts to replicate his power is the rajab racing plenum, who has bought one?

First question is it cost too much.....

Why do you think there are so many custom parts available for VL's? It's because VL owners put their money where the mouths are, eseries guys it's all about getting it cheaper ..... Prime example of this is bigger brakes on the front of an eseries & all the posts about how it can be done cheaper.

And to ask for pics of the inside of his engine lol Looks to me as he is more of a racer than a photographer so if he could he wouldn't of sat there taking pics of his bare block to complete as main priorty would be getting the engine built not to rake pics of it getting built.........

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Some very good points there DRHemi.

The attitude of putting money where their mouth is will probably change as the e series car's get a bit older. The thing with the VL's was that they had a factory turbo car to start with, we didn't strictly have that with the e series car's. There were small numbers of factory approved / dealership type turbo's getting around, but not like the number of VL turbo's.

I can see the why some people are sooking about not so many details of this great combination, because they don't want to spend the blood, sweat, tears & money to get to something this good. Thing is guys, that's what it takes if you want to run at the top of the pack. We all know what needs to be done to get low 13's from a e series, but it takes a lot more to get further.

I personally would love to know every intricate detail of the combination, because that's me, I love to know & understand how & why things work, but i understand totally why the owner won't give them up & i can accept that.

I know if i want to go this fast in an e series, I will have to burn on up the same road, and have the same adventure as the owner on the way.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

HiBoost wrote:
hmmmm.. like i said on another forum "I never had anyone help me out... It took me 4 years to get to where I am with R&D, I'm not gonna tell people what I've learnt an s**t or whats done to the caror how its done.. Some ask advice I giv it, yet some think they know better, Good luck to them..
Why should I spend time an money on R&D an share it with u? Id love to see u spend cash an R&D an share it with freeloaders??"

well i wont post on this forum anymore.. :) hows that?

Agree wholeheartedly, except for the last line. I admire your efforts and I don't want to see you walk off just cause a tight a*** who don't have their priorities right p****d you off. You've done a damn good job and are an envy of many people. Keep up the good work.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

maddog wrote:
Whats with the secrecy Hi-Boost. Is seems that all your posts are about putting up videos of yourself but very thin on anything of any substance or worth from a tech perspective.

Its a forum, if all you do is just come on here saying I did this time at this mph and posting videos of yourself, you might as well not post.

If you want to come on here sharing info and how you got there then great.

man its all trial and error until YOU find a winning combo

it would have taken a lot of effort, time, research and developement to get this car at the stage its currently at

cheers bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I also don't want to see Hi-Boost leave the site, and can fully understand why he isn't forthcoming with info, but imagine for a moment if no one shared any info what this site would be like, a photo gallery of finished cars with time slips.

I think Maddog's post was worded incorrectly, but you can't post about a 9 sec Falcon and not expect people to be curious.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I wouldn't buy parts from a business that doesn't show their work..
I think this all around the wrong way...
Maybe the guys built the car and owner just pays...
I highly doubt the manifold on another sorted 4.0 would make any difference to be honest...
Not showing pics is due to copying ?? Hahaha you have to be kidding !!!

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Its moreso due to bragging rights than copying. Truth is, anyone with a fist full of cash can build something to punch out these sort of numbers or even better. Its just that not too many people have the time, money or resources and even less have all 3.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sounds to me it's got a 3 speed in it ??
C4 or TH400 ??

As in ZOOM 126 edition

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Most Probably C4.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

It's not a C4, i'll let the owner say it himself...... actually he's mentioned it before so I guess it's no secret, it's a TH400.

The plenum pics were released ages ago, if your talking about inside pics, I don't think many workshops show people those pics anyway! And it was only a secret until they were released for final production.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

This secrecy stuff is what children do. Its rubbish and does not belong on a forum. If you dont want to share and just come on a forum to toot your own horn, then stay off.

I have two 25k engines sitting in my garage right now. If anyone wants to know any tech detail and I have the time I am happy to explain whatever someone wants to know. These quality of these engines would compare to anything any workshop has done in aust.

A majority of the guys who spend mega dollars on their hobby are happy to reveal all.

Hi-boost just started tinkering with his car in 2007. Who did he consult when he started. He asked people on the forum. Thats where he got his recipes from.

Now he seems to have some "secret business" going on. Get real mate. There is nothing that you have done that hasn't been done in one form or another.

I couldn't care how much money you spent on your combo. There are plenty who have spent heaps more but in the spirit of "Street Machining" are happy to share all.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

somones got beef.

f**k, none of the other sub 10 e-series (not that theres many :lol:) even post on forums, let alone give out information freely.
and why the f**k would you?
you spend all your hard earned to go quicker then everyone else, put in the hard yards finding out what works, only to tell every tom, d**k and harry on a forum so one of them can run quicker then you?
f**k that.

heres an idea, if the lack of technical information brings a tear to your eye, hitch your skirt up and don't look at the thread. stop f**k it up for everyone else.
some of us actually like seeing updates on one of the quickest E-Series out there, even if he doesn't tell us what colour boxers he was wearing when he ran the 9.6 :lol:

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 13  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next