98 EL Fairmont with AU Engine upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 98 EL Fairmont with AU Engine upgrade
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EL

QLD, Australia

Hi currently its got STD Motor with decompression plate and running 6 psi of boost but want to run atleast 15psi looking at getting a AU motor and building it up with forged pistons, maybe rods or shot peened the rods, crows custom ground turbo cam with double valve springs etc, a ba custom plenum on STD bottom manifold, aswell as crank balancing and matched weighted rods. The turbo is currently a garret T04B 1.00 exhaust and 0.60 Inlet so not whether or not to get a ball bearing turbo im going to be running a megasquirt MS3 V3.57 with MS3X Expension should be seeing it this week and 6 individual IGN-1A Race logic coils both from DIY auto tune. going to be getting 1 of the wideband controller set ups aswell.

Just wondering if anyone has and more info on what could be done better or i have missed to do

Post subject: Re: 98 EL Fairmont with AU Engine upgrade
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

if you going to build the engine you might as well go for some spool or atomic rods and run 20+psi as the std rods are considered week..
but in saying that,
im putting 15psi into a std non decomped au xr6 engine with std head std valve springs ect .it had been running on 12psi for the last 3 years.. so imo if your goung to build it, might aswell build it to take 20+psi....

Post subject: Re: 98 EL Fairmont with AU Engine upgrade
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EL

QLD, Australia

that is true i have had trouble trying to find different brands for the rods to compare pricing i had seen a forged piston and rod set on ebay for around the $2200 but i know i can get some mahle forge pistons for under $1000 just gotta find some rods around the right price

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]