Fordmods Logo

aftermarket ecu on ba xr6t? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: aftermarket ecu on ba xr6t?
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

has anyone run an aftermarket ecu on a ba xr6t?im considering getting a ba now and i still have all the turbo stuff from my el,so i could use the tuned length snort manifold and injectors ect,but can i use the wolf or is the factory management too complex for this?

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Post subject: Re: aftermarket ecu on ba xr6t?
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

There's no need to use the Wolf, the stock ECU can be reprogrammed and people have seen VERY good results with it, i'd sell the wolf and use the money to reprogram your stock ECU.

And your manifold will be to suit eseries with round ports, the BA's have oval ports, not sure if you can use the manifold either.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the manifold does have round ports but is multifit,it will bolt up to a ba.and i live 2 1/2 hours from melbourne,if i could id rather use the wolf so i can tune it myself after each upgrade

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

You could by the workshop level tuning software and flash tuner to tune the factory ECU till your heart is content but be prepared to fork out close to 3k for it.

Yes the wolf is cheaper but it has nowhere near the resolution and mapping capabilities of the factory Barra ECU. Here's a classic example. Nizpro scrapped the Motec M800 for their 1000+hp B series turbo motor because the part throttle driveabillity was compromised with the Motec. Yes you can have 3D mapping with the motec but the load points blow out to every 1000rpm. Hardy what you would call ideal for anything other than wide open throttle driving.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well that settles that then,no wolf

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Talk to the Guys at VCM, i have just Bought VCM suite which allows all your tuning and changes to be done to the stock ecu for $950 and licenses for 4 ford 6 cylinders included. ( all the turbo stuff is in there), you can download as many ecus as you want and only have to use the license for the car you want to modify ecu in, and once you have licensed that car you can play and tune forever, give them a call, i have found there support very good so far, only had it for a week, it came overnight and im 4 hours from adelaide. you will need a basic laptop but Seems alot more versatile than 3k for flash tuner and software. there site will also show you which tuners are using there stuff. good luck

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]