another turbo build 

Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: another turbo build
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

yes another one. my 95 ef xr6 with 120 on the clock. get this picked it up 6 months ago from an old couple who had owned it for 8 years and had only put 20 thou on it i bought it with just over 100 thou. i drove it around for a while and did the usual mods mags, lower, dvd player, subs, speakers, amps, wade 1673 cam, pacemaker headers, 2.5 exhaust, hd clutch, OMG ss inductions intake etc and that wicked electric supercharger from ebay haha(just kidding). took it to the drags a few times managed a best time of 9.23 on 1/8th mile.
i have decided to turbo so i steped to a well known company called snort peformance and ordered there stage 2 kit with the internal gate. was told 2 weeks until i got it so i was happy. 3 weeks later no turbo kit. rang geoff took about 3 days to get a hold of him cause he was never there or would ring me back and never didnt i was starting to think it was a scam... thought to try one last time and got him yay. he had changed buyers and was having troubles so he was going to upgrade my kit to a stage 3 external gate. in the mean time i bought a few other things such as ba injectors, gfb bov, boost controller, boost gauge, afr meter etc then finially my turbo kit arrived all except bov and intercooler... back on the phone to geoff only 2 trys this time. he explained to me that he sends the coolers seperately.. ohk a week later still no inter cooler rang geoff again and he apoligizes and agrees to send another one also tells me that he will help me out with any further purchases from him. week later cooler arives.
decided to lower compression alittle bought a copper head gasket. 2ml think from autopro's 160 bucks. so pulled the head off and did the gasket. after it was back together i drove it around for a few days to make sure all was ok. bit sluggish with the gasket but oh well.

finially good bye old exhaust hello stainless steel turbo manifold( biatch to get to some of the manifold bolts but all is good now) pulled front bar off found out i could fit the intercooler if it sat to one side because of the reciever drier. i was flipping through ebay and noticed a 3 inch intercooler kit for a ba turbo. had some 45s some 90s some straight of what looked like chrome dipped aliminium. and 24 silacone hoses some 90 degree bends and 24 hose clamps
figured it would be good if i only use the silacone hoses because there bloody pricey as and the hole lot was only 120 bucks.
while i was waiting for that i mounted the intercooler put in the injectors relocated battery to boot installed gauges and shift light etc.

pipes rocked up was what i thought chrome dipped aliminium but will help me out heaps. cut 3 1/2 inch holes for piping bout 3 inch to 2.5 inch reducer with 90 degree bend from turbo outlet and 4 inch 45 bend for intake pipe. got a mate to tig up my bov pipe out of some stainless. got a hold of a el elbow from throttle body and completed all my piping.

thats about it so far i am planing to tap into the oil pressure gauge sender to feel oil and obviosly drain to sump. the snort kit came with braided lines for oil. my plans for water cooling are to t piece from the heater out let from the thermostat housing and return just before the water pump. i also have to take to local exhaust shop and get exhaust made up and up to warner town to lmg performance to get him to custom tune the capa eliminator chip

notice how the intercooler sits to the left a bit... because of the reciever drier

Attachments:
fm2.jpg
fm2.jpg [ 100.55 KiB | Viewed 2675 times ]
fm3.jpg
fm3.jpg [ 142 KiB | Viewed 2681 times ]
fm4.jpg
fm4.jpg [ 119.39 KiB | Viewed 2674 times ]
fm5.jpg
fm5.jpg [ 182.4 KiB | Viewed 2664 times ]

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Last edited by james88 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

a couple more pix

Attachments:
ohdam 11.jpg
ohdam 11.jpg [ 53.94 KiB | Viewed 2631 times ]
oh dam 12.jpg
oh dam 12.jpg [ 121.33 KiB | Viewed 2628 times ]

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

more

Attachments:
fm00002.jpg
fm00002.jpg [ 129.07 KiB | Viewed 2615 times ]
fm000001.jpg
fm000001.jpg [ 143.14 KiB | Viewed 2613 times ]

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

even more pics

Attachments:
fm0004.jpg
fm0004.jpg [ 111.06 KiB | Viewed 2599 times ]
fm0003.jpg
fm0003.jpg [ 111.36 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Oooo dang there's some tasty looking gear there! That's going to be one schweet setup mate!

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

very true thats a nice bit of gear u have there too i have the same colour monty as a daily driver

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

manifold looks nice, the only thing i don't like is the angle the wastegate pipes come off at, although that's a bit hard to get around...plus also it might be better than what it looks in the pics, have you got any photo's of it from a different angle? cheers

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

seems similar to my original setup..... I'd mount the cooler out further
so it clears the air con n s**t and then mount it in the middle.... never been a fan of off centre coolers, other than that lookin good....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Post subject: Re: another turbo build
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i wanted to cut as little possible out of the front bar

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Priestly007 was that your car in street fords that was tuned using the capa eliminator chip. is it any good?

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

yeh man that was me.... yeh its the eliminator switch-chip but I didnt buy
it from capa-it isnt there product either.... It was bought thru another mob
(SVT or something cant find the paperwork), capa and its products had
nothing to do with building my car....

Anyway the chip has handled everything so far no issues, I cant plug
it into my laptop and play around with things like some of the other
guys running full aftermarket stuff (like the EMS, Autronic etc) but
other than that its all good.... Its handled the Cam I've just had
installed too no worries....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yea i wont be getting it from capa either ill be going to a place called lmg performance

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Hey dude, did you car ever have ABS? My old EL XR6 used to have it but so does my Fairmont, i'm wondering how i'm going to go about running intercooler piping through there :shock:

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Priestly007 wrote:
yeh man that was me.... yeh its the eliminator switch-chip but I didnt buy
it from capa-it isnt there product either.... It was bought thru another mob
(SVT or something cant find the paperwork), capa and its products had
nothing to do with building my car....

Anyway the chip has handled everything so far no issues, I cant plug
it into my laptop and play around with things like some of the other
guys running full aftermarket stuff (like the EMS, Autronic etc) but
other than that its all good.... Its handled the Cam I've just had
installed too no worries....

SCT makes the chip. :wink:

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yea my xr has abs.. It looks difficult but you can get a 3 inch pipe through ther just on an angle... just get as close as u can to to a/c pipe and it will go through there on a mass angle ill put up a pic of it tonight

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next