Fordmods Logo

Are BA XR6 Turbo's "s**t boxes"???? 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

well my mates VW golf fsi is slightly faster than the BA till about 80 and my other mates 119kw vtec is slightly faster that the golf. I would like to see what a vtec will run down the quarter mile stock.

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
soulfire wrote:
downingj wrote:
soulfire wrote:
hondas are girls cars but my xr6 only had about a carlength on a non vtec integra, and i ran a 15.2 :s.
NA type R's are in the 14s and are awesome track cars!


N/A Type R's with mods are in the 14's.

A stock Integra type R will not duck under 15 seconds.

Still, as I've said earlier, they're one of the very few N/A 4's I would gladly own :D


C'mon man I hate having to argue with you.
DC2 Integra Type R runs like a 14.7 factory.
Gsi runs about a 15.5, VTI-R runs about a 15.


You love it! :wink:

Is the DC2 the Jap spec model with the 184kw?

Cause the Aussie spec 147kw model won't bust a 14 mate


All type R's are JAP SPEC, because they weren't available for sale here.
The one you are thinking of is the VTi-R, which, runs a low 15, possibly 14.9/15 flat. As i said a 108kW GSi is known to run as low as a 15.4.
My mate is obsessed with hondas i get this s**t forced into my ear all the time lol.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 889

Joined: 23rd Aug 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

Location: South East Melb
VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
boost1105 wrote:
methinks that having a sticker that blocks most of ur view is illegal, is it not?


um yeh wat r u on a bout dude....wats that got to do with the topic


yes that was abit OT

Image

bit ba-bf's are great cars and it would be my first prefrence if i could afford one
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
downingj wrote:
soulfire wrote:
downingj wrote:
soulfire wrote:
hondas are girls cars but my xr6 only had about a carlength on a non vtec integra, and i ran a 15.2 :s.
NA type R's are in the 14s and are awesome track cars!


N/A Type R's with mods are in the 14's.

A stock Integra type R will not duck under 15 seconds.

Still, as I've said earlier, they're one of the very few N/A 4's I would gladly own :D


C'mon man I hate having to argue with you.
DC2 Integra Type R runs like a 14.7 factory.
Gsi runs about a 15.5, VTI-R runs about a 15.


You love it! :wink:

Is the DC2 the Jap spec model with the 184kw?

Cause the Aussie spec 147kw model won't bust a 14 mate


All type R's are JAP SPEC, because they weren't available for sale here.
The one you are thinking of is the VTi-R, which, runs a low 15, possibly 14.9/15 flat. As i said a 108kW GSi is known to run as low as a 15.4.
My mate is obsessed with hondas i get this s**t forced into my ear all the time lol.


We rule. :lol:

Just so I know we are both talking about the same car:

We are talking about the Honda Integra Type R (Aussie spec = 141kw, Jap spec was something like 184kw??? as they have 100 octane readily available...BASTARDS!!! :D )?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

dude. there was no aus spec integra type R until the DC5.
The DC5 type R is 147kW.
The older model was a VTi-R and had 125kW.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
dude. there was no aus spec integra type R until the DC5.
The DC5 type R is 147kW.
The older model was a VTi-R and had 125kW.


O.K. There are that many names for the bastard she aint funny, but I know that DC5 is the 147kw variant with healights that are kinda similar to a BA XR right?

Before that there was an Integra Type R with quad lamps (similar to EF XR) with 141kw, Aussie spec (not sure what "dc" is was?) and neither are capable of 0-400 in under 15 seconds without mods.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
soulfire wrote:
dude. there was no aus spec integra type R until the DC5.
The DC5 type R is 147kW.
The older model was a VTi-R and had 125kW.


O.K. There are that many names for the bastard she aint funny, but I know that DC5 is the 147kw variant with healights that are kinda similar to a BA XR right?

Before that there was an Integra Type R with quad lamps (similar to EF XR) with 141kw, Aussie spec (not sure what "dc" is was?) and neither are capable of 0-400 in under 15 seconds without mods.


Ok, I've done some more research. The DC2 (the model before the DC5) GSi (standard) runs a 15.5, VTi-R (Vtec) runs about a 15.1 or 2 and the Type R (Top line VTEC) runs a 14.8ish. And yes that's the aus delivered 141kW dc2 type R.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

hey guys i got this email from my dad (holden nut) and me and a friend (ford nut) did some researching and found that that was a rip off. It was put on a high series bommodore and some holden forum guy found it so he decided to change it and post it on his holden forum.
QUESTION: if it was put on a holden and noone is talking about it then everyone know that the holdens have that problem. But it goes on a ford and everone is talking about it. WTF???

Its just a bommodore wanker trying to make him self feel good about his stupidy reguarding the holden he just got.

Damn that feels good

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

stomper wrote:
hey guys i got this email from my dad (holden nut) and me and a friend (ford nut) did some researching and found that that was a rip off. It was put on a high series bommodore and some holden forum guy found it so he decided to change it and post it on his holden forum.
QUESTION: if it was put on a holden and noone is talking about it then everyone know that the holdens have that problem. But it goes on a ford and everone is talking about it. WTF???

Its just a bommodore wanker trying to make him self feel good about his stupidy reguarding the holden he just got.

Damn that feels good


I would love it if this were true.

If it is a photoshop, it's a bloody good one! They've put in "turbo" "ford motor company" Tom Gorman" "Ford".........
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

i thought someone on here said they'd seen it?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 11791

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

Location: SE Melb
VIC, Australia

No more integra talk you raging poofs!!


Stay on topic please

 

_________________

Nicko

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names