Fordmods Logo

Are BA XR6 Turbo's "s**t boxes"???? 

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Are BA XR6 Turbo's "s**t boxes"????
Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairmont EL

NSW, Australia

Just recieved this emailed piccy....seems a little harsh?

Can anyone substantiate these outrageous claims? Is this model a potential "s**t box"????

Attachments:
ford.jpg
ford.jpg [ 239.24 KiB | Viewed 1120 times ]

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

they aint s**t from what i've heard however every brand has its lemons.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

NO!!! XR6 TURBOS ARE NOT s**t!!!

Every manufacturer has the odd lemon (hell, I've heard about BMW and Mercedes customers who have had faults).

It's how the local Ford dealer deals with the problem(s) that counts. If they are complete a**hole (like they are to my missus), then you tend to start hating them, the car and all other types of cars the same. If they handle your issues with care and fix the problems, then you won't see pictures like the one above.

My old man has an XR6 Turbo and I can tell you, it is BRILLIANT! :D

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
NO!!! XR6 TURBOS ARE NOT s**t!!!

Every manufacturer has the odd lemon (hell, I've heard about BMW and Mercedes customers who have had faults).

It's how the local Ford dealer deals with the problem(s) that counts. If they are complete a**hole (like they are to my missus), then you tend to start hating them, the car and all other types of cars the same. If they handle your issues with care and fix the problems, then you won't see pictures like the one above.

My old man has an XR6 Turbo and I can tell you, it is BRILLIANT! :D

Thats it....this email has been round abit....the main problem with this dude as u can see on the sticker wasnt that there was a couple faults it was that he was f**k around and so on...and probably had slack digy work done. - These cars won several car of the year awards in motor and so on....you dont get that if ya renowned for faults, recalls and so on.

Excellent cars and a weapon at that

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

XR6T's are great, that guys a wanker, and if he'd rather waste his time making up a big sticker and driving around having a cry about his car and not trying to sought out his situation hes a toss bag.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

yes

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
XR6T's are great, that guys a wanker, and if he'd rather waste his time making up a big sticker and driving around having a cry about his car and not trying to sought out his situation hes a toss bag.

Strongly disagree (sorry :D )

I've been witness to the absolute WORST service I have ever seen from a company full stop! That company was the local Ford dealer! Trust me, we are at the stage of doing something like this, as there is now other way of getting the problem fixed (short of taking costly legal action!). I'm assuming this guy is in the same boat.

If Ford want to sell more cars, they've fixed the product, now they just need to take long hard, bloody good look at some of the s**t dealerships out there!!!

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Not XR6t's... BA's more generally have had more than their fair share of problems.

As much as it pains me to say it - for that price (low) and that performance - dont expect european style build quality.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Not XR6t's... BA's more generally have had more than their fair share of problems.

As much as it pains me to say it - for that price (low) and that performance - dont expect european style build quality.

Thats it and like the BAs MK1s most bugs get irned out in the MKII and further with the BFs...still when u look at all the ones sold to ones returned with faults/warranty and so on...the ones out there running and being thrashed without any dramas far outweighs any lemons

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
Molloy wrote:

Strongly disagree (sorry :D )

I've been witness to the absolute WORST service I have ever seen from a company full stop! That company was the local Ford dealer! Trust me, we are at the stage of doing something like this, as there is now other way of getting the problem fixed (short of taking costly legal action!). I'm assuming this guy is in the same boat.

If Ford want to sell more cars, they've fixed the product, now they just need to take long hard, bloody good look at some of the s**t dealerships out there!!!
didnt think of it that way, Point taken.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ill tell you now its not the technicians. ford have remanufactured some parts but not all and they still have problems. no matter how much you may try and fix a problem 75% of the time the problem will reoccure. eg waterpump by-pass oring. top thermostat housing, radiators, brake shudder (even after disc have been machined and new service level upgrade pads have been put in), diffs IRS and live, gearboxes, steering creeks, rear irs spring creek. power steering hoses any way thats just to name a few parts that ford have yet to get 100%

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

Exactly! People compare it to the Camry, which may be similar price, but it's a different ball game, the Falcon is produced solely for Australia with a population of approximately 20 million, the Camry is sold international, as far as I know it was the highest selling vehicle in the United States of America last year, include the population of Australia, USA, the asian market it's sold in, etc., and you are by far exceeding 200million, which is 10 times that of what the Falcon is market for. Also XR6T's are bloody cheap for what they are, of course there's cost cutting involved. But is that such a bad thing or just the perfect excuse to mod and upgrade? :shock: :wink:

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Been the owner of both a EF mont and a BA futura, i find the mont has more appeal than the BA i find the BA boring...

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

there r a few threads on the xr6 turbo forums regarding general build quility decreasing
they say on there that some cars dont even get their engine bay painted its just left black primer...

seems as though people would mind paying a couple of grand more for these problems to not have the chance to arise because ford put in that little bit more effort.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next