Fordmods Logo

Autronic - Sync inputs and VCT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Autronic - Sync inputs and VCT
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Does the autronic measure the timing position of each cam? Does the software tell you where each cam is positioned?

Reading through some ECU manuals has led me to believe that the only reason for a sync input to be used is for sequential injection, most ECU's only have 1 sync input. The autronic has 2, one for each cam.

If the autronic doesnt need to measure cam position to run batch fire then cant I just use the current autronic rather than wait for god knows how long for the new version?

As the cams need to come out so I can do valve springs would it be hard to grind some teeth off of them to work with the current autronic or should I just wait for the new version? Does the grinding need to be super accurate or can I do it at home with the dremel?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

removing the teeth is as easy as cutting them off.

the new chip will just add support for the number of cam teeth, i dont think it can read that many cam teeth currently..

im only guessing but i think it would read position of both cams... if it tells you cam angle?? i do not know

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks for that.

I might take the rocker cover off this weekend and see how much of an effort it will be to remove the teeth.

I think I want to get the car running NA for a while in case there are bugs to sort out. Ray Hall hasnt gotten back to me in over 3 weeks so who knows when the new version will be released.

The car will be running a month or 2 sooner if its NA as well. Im getting over dumping money into something that doesnt move. :(

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

i read on the autronic tech forums that the new chip is due in april from memory.. it was someone else wanting support for more cam teeth

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate. Ive ordered the new turbo now so I will wait it out.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]