Autronic 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Autronic
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

Just sussing out ECU's for my new motor.

I know Ebs and Frittz run the autronic, what do you guys think of them? Do you both have the sm4?

Have you guys been tuning them yourselves? Does it do autotuning? How does that work? Is it like the EMS?

The autronic runs DVCT as far as I'm aware so its either that or a motec if I want my DVCT to work, which I do. I dont want to run the stock ECU atm.

A motec with the VCT option is close to $4k, what did you guys pay for your autronics? Where did you buy them?

Cheers,
Dan.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

hey dan, we are both running the SM4, i played a big part in getting fritzz's up and running, i bought mine from allen engineering at mallala S.A, but in future, i will buy it from ray hall, fritzz bought his from 6boost, but that was a problem, since kyle had ZERO idea about how to make it work.... thats why i helped so much.

i understand the motec price problem, they are an absolute rip-off.. no more powerful, infact, in some of the fine tuning areas are well underpowered in relation to the sm4. i think all you may be able to get extra with the motec is a couple more inputs/outputs that you will never use...

my car is now running a tune that is 100% made by me, it was tuned by a so called dyno tuner, but he did an awful job of it, it has never been as good as any of my tuning...

i have an innovate LM-1 connected to my sm4, therefore can fully datalog a/f ratios, its easy as, i have never used autotuning, i forget even how to get into it, have to press a key which i forget.... anyhow, yea, you have a table of target a/f ratios you want, then you simply hold your engine at the target load/rpm site and the ecu locks in the a/f ratio that you have desired

im sure fritzz will agree with how much he enjoys the autronic...

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

and i nearly forgot the price, depending on where you buy it, it will set you back between $2300-2800

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:46 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

There is a guy on ausrotary selling a brand new never installed SM4. If you want his details just ask and i'll chase them up. user name "GARKUS"

For sale: BRAND NEW UNUSED Autronic SM4 and EXTRAS (The best you can get!)

Item Condition: THIS PACKAGE IS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX IT GOT SHIPPED IN!

Price and price conditions: WAS $3,900.00, THEN $3,750 AND NOW $3,600.00 (that's a saving of $300!!!)

Extra Info: I am selling this unit because of the recent change in rules in the ACT for registering 13b Turbos in lighter cars. I am in NO urgent need to sell this unit and have been advised that I could still use it to run injection on a 13b, but it would be overkill.

Came with software for a 13b turbo application, additionally requested stainless steel bodied 5 Bar Druck http://www.gesensing.com/druckproducts/ map sensor and stainless steel bodied 10 Bar Druck exhaust back pressure sensor. These sensors I have been told are around $500.00 EACH! These items were purchased through close consultation with RICE RACING. He was the one who put the leg work into carefully researching for the best possible package available at the time. Also included is the high capacity CDI box. This computer package has been crafted to produce a massive power output.

Those interested, please have a read about what this Autronic unit has to offer:

http://www.autronic.com/page_files/sm4_kit.htm

Pictures: See pic here on the Autronic Site:

http://www.autronic.com/page_files/sm4_kit.htm

Contact Details: PM or Here.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pick-up, or will ship at buyers expense.

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Darren @ FTG Auto Salvage runs an autronic in his turbo patrol race car.
I think he can also supply the autronic ecu's - so might be worth asking him to get a price for you.

Nicko

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

im very happy with the ecu. it has any thing u will eva need, its easy to use and the manual is awesome to helps alot. i had alot of trouble at the start the trying to get it to work with the ford tfi and dizzy, because no 1 would help not even the ppl that sell and tune them.

but lucky i found ebs_4l on this forum, other wise it would be still sitting in the shed or running a ems 8860.

i cant thank ebs_4l enough for how much he has helped me.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Did you have an EMS previously?

Thanks for the help guys. Darren is gonna get me a price next year.

I think Ill be going the autronic, I really want to use the DVCT.

What are you guys using for boost control?

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

na never had a ems.

me and ebs_4l are both using the autronic electronic boost controller with the sm4 controlling it. the boost control in the sm4 is very good.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

im glad you got it working fritzz. i remember you were ready to throw it in the bin at one stage...

anyhow, ONE piece of advice i can give you, and it includes anyone looking at an SM4 is that DO NOT buy it cheap from a mate who can get it for you at a low price....

DO NOT buy it from someone who is not listed at autronic.com as a dealer...

becuase, ray hall, does not particularly like having to technically suppport an ecu that he did not make a cent out of......

i cannot stress that enough, only buy from a registered dealer.... the dude from FTG IS NOT a dealer

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
im glad you got it working fritzz. i remember you were ready to throw it in the bin at one stage...

anyhow, ONE piece of advice i can give you, and it includes anyone looking at an SM4 is that DO NOT buy it cheap from a mate who can get it for you at a low price....

DO NOT buy it from someone who is not listed at autronic.com as a dealer...

becuase, ray hall, does not particularly like having to technically suppport an ecu that he did not make a cent out of......

i cannot stress that enough, only buy from a registered dealer.... the dude from FTG IS NOT a dealer

lol yes i have learnt from that mistake,

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks guys, I will be getting someone else to install it. After doing the wolf in the torana I know I cbf.

There are only 3 dealers in Vic according to that website :(

All are pretty far away from me.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Talk to a trusted tuner and follow what he says...
We have had NO issues with Haltech E11v2 or EMS 8860...
Ask about other bits required like ignition drivers etc...The ECU may require a software upgrade to operate on Ford specific Crank angle sensor etc...
Only issues I have had is bad fitters...For 1 year I was runing with # 6 cylinder connected to ISC and ISC connected to #6 injector driver.. Needless to say they BOTH finally burnt out... I required a NEW set of injectors as I couldn't match the 55's I had also needed new ISC...
Thankfully NO engine damage!!!

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damn, that is lucky.

Thats a pretty poor mistake to make.

JPC seem pretty reputable, I might give them a call in the new year and see what they can do for me.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Prolly more hassle that anything... but have you looked into useing the stock BA ecu and Edit?

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah its more hassle than anything :P

Ive only found one place that will do it for me and that is JMM. They said I needed the turbo ECU to make it work how it should and I cant find one anywhere cheaply.

Its way more cost effective to get an autronic. I also want the capability to run a SOHC motor off the same ECU if the need arises.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next