Fordmods Logo

BA 6 supercharged vs xr6T 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA 6 supercharged vs xr6T
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

HI i was just wondering how a ba 6 supercharged would go against a xr6 turbo and what kind of quarter mile times would i expect out of one of the capa kits for the ba 6 and does any one have any video or audio of a ba 6 supercharge in actions thanksssss

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

i think i heard someone say the vortech blown BA 6 got handed in all forms by the XR6T, track times, quarter mile times.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

I'd be putten my hard earned $$$ on the T but depending on what sorta S/C setup went on the 6....might be better.

Normally tho moeny and power the turbos tend to be the best option

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:30 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Ok but this does not make sense since the supercharger is making an additional 65kw and does not suffer from any turbo lag

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sikxt wrote:
Ok but this does not make sense since the supercharger is making an additional 65kw and does not suffer from any turbo lag

Doesnt matter there are so many different factors and remember where peak torque and flywheel kilowatts are taken from normally like 160km/h most of the time your normally street dragging u might just get to that..

Dont always go off those figures anyhow its like the 300kw+ holdungs vs 260 falcons not alot off difference in an end result. Or better line up our high end FPV GTP at 70+K vs 35K WRX slightly modded with 206kw and see the end result over a 400m run.

I take it u have or are looking at buying a BA XR6 or XT 4Ltr ?

How much are u wanting to spend and how quick do u want it....if u like the S/C path and like CAPAs gear then for the 4ltr its gonna cost $5695 for a vortech kit that would but out 305wkw @ 10 psi that would be the expected flywheel output with standard ECU, Motor and exhaust...obviously would be recommened to upgrade all of these to really benefit and make it last....

Tell us what your after and we can gie u a better idea

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Bit off topic but last time i was at heathcote there was a few WRX's there, absolute murderers on take off, but by 150-200m they really die in the a***, the way they take off gets you thinking, yeah 12's for sure, but some were strugglin to break 14. Which is quick, but they definatly have nothing up top in close standard form.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i have an xt 4 ltr and was really interested in the supercharger path and capa seems to be the only providers, and i really want a wrx or xr6t muncher without going down the turbo path

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

Quote:
sikxt Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have an xt 4 ltr and was really interested in the supercharger path and capa seems to be the only providers, and i really want a wrx or xr6t muncher without going down the turbo path

yerr im wid u bro. but b prepared to put in a bit of dough if u wanna eat wrxs. im also lookin at the supercharger mod.

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well either paths of froced induction will see u eat wrxs bu not with spending a fair bit...are u wanting just to sorta smash em off the line or over 400m runs cause off the mark is gonna be a hard task

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

well nuffin can beat a wrx of the line so it has to be over the quarter mile

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

A GTR would give it more than a run for its money. :)

A little bit of a difference in theprice tag though.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the GTR? I would have thought the rexy would be quicker as it ways 2/10ths of f**k all!

either way, getting a 1600kg (or heaver?) BA falcon 4 litre thats not designed for high revs to eat a WRX off the line, is gonna cost a s**t!

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

YEah vspec GTRs stomp wrxs but big price difference sorta like comparing a ba xr6 t to a porsche gt3 or mclaren F1 LM :P

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

what your forgetting is that even a BA XT with a supercharger is still just a BA XT, seats, door trims, suspension, cluster etc are all inferior items, and by the time u spend the cash to upgrade it all you could have a Turbo and a capa upgrade kit for it, and have something u can get parts for easier

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:41 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

The supercharger kit is good, but as MrNasty said its only a bees d**k quicker across the quarter than the turbo, even though it has an extra 65kw. Reason is the power delivery. The turbo will build boost straightaway however with a supercharged (centifugal) motor it has less down low and more up top due to its linear delivery of power. The lack in low down grunt is why there is not much in it b/w the two.

I was thinking of getting one of these kits down the track but realised that its better to buy an xr6 turbo or drop in a turbo motor. Ive seen some motors go for 7500 with gearbox whereas the supercharger kit installed is 7G. The turbo motor will have alot more potential aswell. Anyway I wouldn't do any of this, to much mucking around, a hot NA motor :twisted: :twisted: is what gets my blood pumping.

JMMs dev 3 kit for the BA runs 14.2 along the quarter, all for $3600 which has 180rwkw. NIzpro recently put one of their stage 3 kits on a car, edit, extractors and full exhaust, CAI and cams and that pulled 214rwkw!! That alone will have the potential to run somewhere between a mid to high 13. If thats not enough get their intake plenum aswell and 75mm TB and you will have around 235rwkw. Get a 3.73 lsd aswell and most WRXs wont be able to catch you along the quarter. Thats the plan for my car :D

BTW rexes are s**t, unless u absolutely nail the launch (dropping the clutch at 5 or 6000 rpm). I remeber reading that by not launching it at 6000rpm like the magazine drivers do to get 14s, the car will be off by about a second. How many rex drivers do this on the street??

Cheers

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next