Fordmods Logo

BA i6 - Supercharger? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: BA i6 - Supercharger?
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Has anyone had any experience with the Capa or similar Vortech supercharger kits for the BA i6?

I am considering getting one of the kits (at $4,995) but have heard around the traps that there are a few quality control problems with the Capa kits which result in thrown belts and other minor but annoying problems.

Also they rely on the standard computer to make 305kw and was wondering if anyone with knowledge of them can shed some light on tunability and issues related.

How difficult are these kits to fit? I am handy with the spanners but not a full on mechanic!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Better off posting in the forced induction section. There is a thread in there atm about CAPA quality and customer service and your other questions are probably answered there as well.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

didnt "street machine"-some time ago run a 3 page story on a standard white ba i6 auto ute with the capa blower? posted low 13s..repost this in the "Forced induction thread" we have here otherwise "the guys at "Street machine" might be able to help..

Post subject: Re: BA i6 - Supercharger?
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

philaddis wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with the Capa or similar Vortech supercharger kits for the BA i6?

I am considering getting one of the kits (at $4,995) but have heard around the traps that there are a few quality control problems with the Capa kits which result in thrown belts and other minor but annoying problems.

Also they rely on the standard computer to make 305kw and was wondering if anyone with knowledge of them can shed some light on tunability and issues related.

How difficult are these kits to fit? I am handy with the spanners but not a full on mechanic!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

they can be tuned with a flash tuner, if it were me, i would sell it and upgrade to the xr6 TUrbo, would probably cost u less in the long run...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

for power gains get a turbo... or if you didn't want to buy a XR6 Turbo... get a front chop of one... but you'll need to have someone who knows how to engine transplant to help ya

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

/moved to induction forum

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

ok people i dont see how selling a standard ba for 15 grand and buying a turbo for min 25 grand is cost effective? these supercharger kits sound quite apealing almost too good to be true? 305 kw at the fly seems insanely impressive from a 5 grand kit. i know your going to tell me the xr has other features, but people like myself dont like the look of the bodykit the wheels or the interior so again no real value there. if anyone has any knowlage about these systems i would also apreciate hearing about it.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

You can bie complete XR6T motors with the computer/wiring etc for $4,000, you are better off trying this option. There is a guy on FF, with a supercharger BA 6 with a about 220rwkw, I think that cost over $10000 when you add it all up. Over this much power you have to strengthen the internals. The flash tuner/custom tuned will handle supercharged applications. Then you need to upgrade the trans, drive train, and diff

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

na2fairlane wrote:
ok people i dont see how selling a standard ba for 15 grand and buying a turbo for min 25 grand is cost effective? these supercharger kits sound quite apealing almost too good to be true? 305 kw at the fly seems insanely impressive from a 5 grand kit. i know your going to tell me the xr has other features, but people like myself dont like the look of the bodykit the wheels or the interior so again no real value there. if anyone has any knowlage about these systems i would also apreciate hearing about it.

different is an xr6t is fully registered and street legal. no headaches with the boys in blue

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]