Fordmods Logo

ba turbo into standard ba 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 670

Joined: 29th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

bollocks wrote:
dsheps83 wrote:
104ord wrote:
yes you can do it.. i turbocharged my ba xt falcon. and its great but.... i could have traded in spent an extra 10-12k and bought a ba xr6t and with that i would have got a better gearbox, brakes, wheels, trim, diff ect. im on my 3rd gearbox.. but it is good pulling up to xr6t and xr8s and blowing them away.. it depends what you want.. it is a bit of work but unreal if your after a sleeper



what about a BF MKII ghia, do they have the same drive train as the xr6t would love a turbo on my ghia
A turbo ghia would be one very nice ride.


indeed.....do it and let us know....hahaha

 

_________________

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
low_ryda wrote:
how do you hose off an xr6t with an xt-t ? aren't they essentially the same car minus diff gear change ? which would work against you as mentioned.

they've got higher comp too.
they'd be fukken quick onto boost.


quick to bend conrods also.. seen some awsome s shaped rods from pre-bf xrt6's (xt's with huffer)

bollocks wrote:
dsheps83 wrote:
104ord wrote:
yes you can do it.. i turbocharged my ba xt falcon. and its great but.... i could have traded in spent an extra 10-12k and bought a ba xr6t and with that i would have got a better gearbox, brakes, wheels, trim, diff ect. im on my 3rd gearbox.. but it is good pulling up to xr6t and xr8s and blowing them away.. it depends what you want.. it is a bit of work but unreal if your after a sleeper



what about a BF MKII ghia, do they have the same drive train as the xr6t would love a turbo on my ghia
A turbo ghia would be one very nice ride.


shouldve bought a g6e then eh ..... i suffer the same pain lol

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 681

Joined: 3rd Apr 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

low_ryda wrote:
shouldve bought a g6e then eh ..... i suffer the same pain lol


ill buy a g6e if you pay the difference on my current loan LOL... there was a mkII typhoon where i got my ghia vut it had an extra 8k on the window
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 681

Joined: 3rd Apr 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

double post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

it's crazy hey, there would want to be an increase of build quality in the higher models to attract me though.

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

dsheps83 wrote:
low_ryda wrote:
shouldve bought a g6e then eh ..... i suffer the same pain lol


ill buy a g6e if you pay the difference on my current loan LOL... there was a mkII typhoon where i got my ghia vut it had an extra 8k on the window


I hate to say this in a technical section/make a fuss, but that signature pic is f**k massive.

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

104ord wrote:
low_ryda wrote:
how do you hose off an xr6t with an xt-t ? aren't they essentially the same car minus diff gear change ? which would work against you as mentioned.

well after my xt-t copped a set of 60lb injectors with a walbro fuel pump and then a bigger front mount with less restricting 3 inch pipe work and a bigger exhaust, it has a 10lb wastegate and a very safe 10lb tune with CAI.... thats how i hose maloos and monaros and xr6ts.... dont beleive me... i ran 13.3 with wheelspin and that was after i smoked the tyres passed mid track on the run before... hahaha


Sorry to go OT. Hows the NA BA PCM handle boost? Or have you got an XR6T PCM in there?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 681

Joined: 3rd Apr 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

skidder wrote:
dsheps83 wrote:
low_ryda wrote:
shouldve bought a g6e then eh ..... i suffer the same pain lol


ill buy a g6e if you pay the difference on my current loan LOL... there was a mkII typhoon where i got my ghia vut it had an extra 8k on the window


I hate to say this in a technical section/make a fuss, but that signature pic is f**k massive.



lol yeah sorry made it then realised it was to big, just never got around to making another one.

the moderator changed it on me :)

so any news about the driveline on the bf, the trans is the same, well i think,so it only has the tailsaft and diff,
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ba turbo into standard ba
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 670

Joined: 29th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
104ord wrote:
low_ryda wrote:
how do you hose off an xr6t with an xt-t ? aren't they essentially the same car minus diff gear change ? which would work against you as mentioned.

well after my xt-t copped a set of 60lb injectors with a walbro fuel pump and then a bigger front mount with less restricting 3 inch pipe work and a bigger exhaust, it has a 10lb wastegate and a very safe 10lb tune with CAI.... thats how i hose maloos and monaros and xr6ts.... dont beleive me... i ran 13.3 with wheelspin and that was after i smoked the tyres passed mid track on the run before... hahaha


Sorry to go OT. Hows the NA BA PCM handle boost? Or have you got an XR6T PCM in there?


handles well.. new pipe work is going on and im looking into new valve springs, bigger exhaust, minispool and a 14 psi tune and id hope to see about 270rwkw depending on whether or not i reduce the compression ratio

 

_________________

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names