the idle runs rough jumping around a bit when hot or cold it doesnt matter,

have replaced

plugs
coils
inlet manifold gasket
re tuned the ecu with factory tune
replaced throttle body
ecu

and still having these issues, im no mechanic by all means but im a bit stumped for ideas...

I have replaced the engine completely with one from a car with 100000 ks as my previous one blew up and it had the exact same idle issue, im wondering if this is coincidental as its got the same wiring loom and injectors in it?

i have had it hooked up to a diagnostics machine (4 times now) and still showing no issues or running any codes.

im hoping and praying one of you guys have the answer or can give me a simple fix ?

thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: ba xr 6 turb rough idle
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Falcon BA 6 cyl

QLD, Australia

Run some injector cleaner through it, only use 98% fuel and try to find a good Map sensor and try it for a test because some times those babies don't throw up any error codes when they start to go bad.
But they are expensive so if you can borrow one or get one from the wreckers somewhere first. If it was a TPS you should get an error code for that if its starting to go sour.

If it isn't chipped get your firmware checked & updated if necessary. Mine was running a 2005 version so last Thursday Mr Ford updated it to the final version. It's a lot leaner on fuel now and has heaps more pickup. Mine is an auto and the shifts seem just a little tighter now too.
It cost me $107.00 but that included a full diagnostic & a good chat with the boys at the shop. Sad because the dealership shut it's doors for the last time on Friday the day after I was there.

If that doesn't work check the tightness of all bolts, nuts and clamps between the air cleaner and Turbo, including ( and especially)the intake manifold bolts & throttle body. Check the inter-cooler pipes as well.
Then I would (not you) find a lonely dead straight bit of road about 5klm long or longer and flog it a couple of times.
That's what I did to mine & my xr6t had the dreaded intermittent dead spot at around 40k's, it was the MAP in mine but some manifold bolts were loose too, but she goes good now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]