Fordmods Logo

Ba xr6 turbo mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba xr6 turbo mods
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XE 351 & BA XT FALCON

WA, Australia

I will be getting my ba xr6 turbo sedan soon so i need some advice on the mods i am doing first.
1.exhaust-what the best diameter?3 inch or bigger?hi-flow cat,straight thru muffler etc..
2.ss induction and k & n airfilter.
3.bigger intercooler.
I have about 5 grand to spend for starters on mods then i will get a capa flash tuner after the mods are done.any advice on mods and what the best things to do would be appreciated.thanks in advance

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

id dare say if you did all those mods without a tun you will have major overboost/ limp home problems, id recomend getting the flash tuner, filter and cai first and running the generic tunes, then as soon as you get the exhaust put on have it tuned or it may overboost and run lean. Also you will be getting close to needing injectors and depending on the car, valve springs.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks champ.I got told by the exhaust shop that after the mods that the computer "learns" the mods and everthing will be fine.Why will it go into limp mode and why will i need new injectors?

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

the ba ecu doesnt really self learn, by replassing the full exhaust it frees the system up alot more and causes the turbo to overboost, the ecu sees this overboost and so goes into limp.

As for injectors with the mods you want and a custom tune you will be right up near the 300rwkw mark, ive got 285rwkw with just cooler, piping, intake and injectors, by onmly changing the cat i will be into the 300's which is way more then the stock injectors can safely handle.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks again.i dont know much about turbo cars.not many turbo workshops over in the west either for advice on xr6 turbos like the east.
Its put me off a bit now with the xr6 turbo.i might take a ba xr8 as well for a test drive.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Check out APC in Myaree, they did a good job on my turbo.. Xtreme Ford Tuning in Midvale are also known as some of the top tuners around.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks fnp.do they do exhausts,tuning,intercoolers,cold air induction and tune the car so everything can work a treat?

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

Another option is going to BPT Motorsport in Wangara/Landsdale, they built and tuned my EF Turbo....... Runs beautifully, theyve always got XR6T's in at their workshop..... Give them a call....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

paul3518 wrote:
Thanks fnp.do they do exhausts,tuning,intercoolers,cold air induction and tune the car so everything can work a treat?

Yep they can both do the lot.. BPT mentioned above is also not at all a bad idea.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]