Fordmods Logo

been saving my cash 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

It is possible to mount an intercooler with most blowers. But in low boost applications, its not desirable (adds significant cost and reduces the ability of the blower to compress the air).

These water injection systems spray water into the intake just before the blower. Cools the air charge and a few other tings.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
It is possible to mount an intercooler with most blowers. But in low boost applications, its not desirable (adds significant cost and reduces the ability of the blower to compress the air).

These water injection systems spray water into the intake just before the blower. Cools the air charge and a few other tings.

how would you rig up an intercooler for the EA-ED manifold. as far as i can see there is only one air intake and that comes from the back of the blower? cheers

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Southy wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

how would you rig up an intercooler for the EA-ED manifold. as far as i can see there is only one air intake and that comes from the back of the blower? cheers

The easiest method is to get the right supercharger. They basically come in two forms - one with the outlet pointing towards the engine like mine, but can get them pointing to the side of the blower unit as well. These are much easier to rig up. However, the 90 degree outlets can be rigged up to an IC - as demonstrated by dave (EL XR8).

Also can be easier to fit a water/water unit like the one LTDHO runs (see the thread in the V8 garage with all the engine pictures).

Also worth me adding a bit regarding water injection. CAPA's WI kits are very basic. The ones you read about on mustang forums etc and the one EDXR8 uses are actually high pressure pumps and the water injection is computer controlled. CAPA's are much simpler and use a washer bottle/pump to spray water into the blower's intake. The pump is activated by a switch which closes at a predetermined level of boost. They are still effective but its important to note the difference.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

you lose around 1-2PSI over an IC dont you? and the cooler air would probably make up for the drop in PSI?

so on say 7PSI. there would be little or no difference with an IC setup? still a nice feature tho ;)

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2