VIC, Australia

for those not wanting to get on the other site here how its done:

quoting downingj:

Firstly the parts:
Can of WD40 or similar (I used Nulon spray) i actually use carby cleaner
10 and 12mm spanner you will find its a 13mm
Long nose pliers
10 minutes of your time.

Now this work can be done with the battery installed, but is easiest if the battery is removed.

1. Open the bonnet and locate the battery and remove it using the 12/13mm spanner, removing both terminals and then the battery clamp.

2. With the battery removed, locate the boost solenoid

3. You can either grab the hose with the long nose pliers or undo the 10mm bolt to make removing the hose easier.

4. Once you have removed the solenoid, remove the top black hose adjacent to the plug with the long nose pliers.

5. now remove the lower hose you will most likley destroy the stainless clamp but you can replace it with a cable tie

6. Once the hose is removed, remove the wiring plug

7. now you can spray a liberal amount of lubricant (WD40) or carby cleaner into the plastic tube at the top

8. Reverse the whole procedure and go for a drive. You should notice a significant improvement in the way your car comes on boost.
This should be done every 10,000km for optimal results

the reason i use carby cleaner first then the wd later is that the issue is the solenoid blocks up with oily residue so carby cleaner cleans it out more efectively and then just a little wd to lube it

good luck!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Im getting a little confused as to where it exactly is, Is it directly underneath the battery???

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:10 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Im getting a little confused as to where it exactly is, Is it directly underneath the battery???

Griffo

bolted to the skirt below the fuse box and battery

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Now another stupid question, i know the ECu has to relearn s**t when the battery has been disconnected but what do you guys useually do after wards, i mean do you just drive it normally or is there somethng you useualy do cos i have always driven it narmally but i just want to make sure before i do it to my car cos it goes really well already so yea i dont want to stuff that up

Cheers
Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Now another stupid question, i know the ECu has to relearn s**t when the battery has been disconnected but what do you guys useually do after wards, i mean do you just drive it normally or is there somethng you useualy do cos i have always driven it narmally but i just want to make sure before i do it to my car cos it goes really well already so yea i dont want to stuff that up

Cheers
Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:07 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

griffo161 wrote:

Cheers
Griffo

drive as you do the adaptive learning is always on unless it has a tune and has been turned off!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yea i bit the bullet before any one replyed anyway and did the clean out.
I didnt take it for a drive before hand but i think it has got more pull up top, it still seems to come onto boost fully at about 3k but i seems to keep pulling really ahrd still, well i mean even harder then what it used to up top around the 5k+ mark.
What are other peoples results???

Also i kinda did if a quick doco with a few pics if a moderator or someone wants it i will email it to them and they can decied wheather or not to put it up.

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

To me it felt like the turbo response was a bit crisper, bit less reluctant to start boosting.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:06 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

the effects you guys see will be dependant on how badly blocked it was

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
Yea i bit the bullet before any one replyed anyway and did the clean out.
I didnt take it for a drive before hand but i think it has got more pull up top, it still seems to come onto boost fully at about 3k but i seems to keep pulling really ahrd still, well i mean even harder then what it used to up top around the 5k+ mark.
What are other peoples results???

Also i kinda did if a quick doco with a few pics if a moderator or someone wants it i will email it to them and they can decied wheather or not to put it up.

Griffo

PM happy, he will get you to email it to him and we will list it with the technical docos

Nicko

Post subject: Re: BOOST SOLENOID MAINTENANCE - BA/BF TURBO'S
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

ACT, Australia

Thought this thread deserved a bump to the top. Originally found out about it on fordxr6turbo, then as I always like to triple check stuff, Google search results showed it on our forum too.

I was skeptical, but it's worth it, the car boosts harder and earlier, as someone else said earlier the turbo response is crisper.

Do it :D

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6 turbo ute

QLD, Australia

Works wounderful, only thing you might have to watch is that the lube you use is safe on rubber. if not there is a high chance it will end up on your actuator diaphram and destroy it. most types are okay but there are some that will cause the rubber to soften and bubble, cheers :)

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 97 EL futura & BF XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

When u disconect the battery the ecu goes back to factory STD and has to relearn the driving habit and after a while it'll end up sluggish again I asked a ford tech about this and he said if u drive the ba/Bf like it is stem then the tranny and turbo will have a quicker response but if u drive like an old man then boot it a lil bit then it'll b sluggish

there is only 2 rules in driving go hard or go home

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Guys, you can leave battery where is is and not move or disconnect it in anyway.

Just undo the plastic pipe that goes from your turbo to your cross over and you have a clear view of it.

When my T was stock I never removed my battery to do mine, just the plastic pipe and thats it.

Cheers

pete

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2