Fordmods Logo

BTR 4 speed with boost 

Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: BTR 4 speed with boost
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

done the s3 s4 mod today! shifts great! bring on the boost!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

Does this work on BA Mk2's ?

I'm a bit cautious of cutting wires etc.....Call me Nancyboy :)

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

mini_matt wrote:
done the s3 s4 mod today! shifts great! bring on the boost!

how did you do it, what wires did you cut etc. im keen to try it

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Why not get a T700 or a box from a 1JZ????

MV automatics builds tough 1JZ boxes which can handle 800hp i believe and its a 3sp with over drive and lock up converter, i separate switch for overdrive and 1 switch lockup and the great thing is u can lock the converter in any gear and there a sick transmission.

Also it dosent cost much to get get them to handle the power and u get them in full manual valve body which is great to drive with.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:03 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

thats the 2nd time i've seen you recommend a T700, how much crack do you smoke?
explain to me how a T700 is a better option then a BTR.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

and who makes a bellhousing to fit a 1jz box to a falcon?

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dansedgli

Any good gearbox builder can get an adapter plate made up for about $400.00, call MV automatics (08) 83700430 as he is the man thats builds them.

Also a Jatco RE4R03A would work well and found behind some 4WD's and 20b cosmo and KEAS has built 1 for this bloke with a BA/BF XR6 turbo and he loves it.

Steady ED

How isent it??? way more durable and can take the power, also can have a MVB unlike the BTR. Some super tough boxes out there that can be adapted to the ford inline 6, which i have already mentioned but im more inclined to go the 1JZ box or Jatco. I believe the IJZ box is called A340E but ill confirm 2moro with my bro.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 am 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

how isn't it?
i've seen with my own eyes a near stock 5L go through multiple rebuilt T700s.
and heard plenty more stories of tune only LS1s going through 4L60Es and 4L65Es.
show me big power cars running built T700s more reliably then BTRs, and i don't mean links to sites that reckon they can build strong ones.

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

I'm with Steady on this one, a mate of mine just built a 355 Calais, and it's starting to stuff up already, even with some mods done to it. He'll be converting to a T400 now, the 4L60e are probably in the same boat as a BTR....there's some out there holding big power, but most people have trouble with them!

BTW I've done this S3 S4 mod in my BTR, was going to get a MV valvebody done too, but will see how long this lasts, will report back here once I get a few boosted kms on it.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I really wanna try this trick can someone please tell me which number are the wires for the s3 and s4 solenoids at the ecu harness ,
Cheers

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Manualised BTR may not be too far away, there's a guy on another forum in IT whose designing one.

I've also got a design that should keep the ecu happy and allow manual selection, but the availability of off the shelf components to suit is a problem and finding a cost effective solution for mass production is a pain in the a***.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

a guy i know called chris, works from airport automatics in tulla, melbourne has done many manualised btr. you just need a ecu that you can properly muck around, he recommended a wolf 3d with the set up.

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

"manualised" BTR isn't that new, it just depends on your definition of manualised.

dude on boosted thats doing it, it's not really a "full manual" in my book because all it's doing is tricking the stock TCM, it's not performing the shifts any quicker, the only way it's speeding up shifts is by ye old school shift kit aka line pressure.
edit: if you did the S3/S4 mod with it you'd be on a winner though i guess.

proper "full manual", V500.
bye bye stock ECU, programmable shift control via the Wolf.

another one is DTM, i got no idea how they are doing them, i've only heard talk on forums, but they are also doing a transbraked BTR.
his EL has gone 10.3 recently, pretty safe bet it was a BTR.
whether it was off the 'brake i dunno...

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

DTM is pretty much the one of the best BTR builders around and yes they were designing a transbrake yrs ago so possibly already done.........

The cost for them to build a super tough BTR is same cost as building a C4............ plus ecu for trans, i know which way id be going.

A manualised trans can either be hydrolic or ecu but obviously ecu is way more expensive and have more stuffing around. Personally id rather a hydolic full manual trans but not so sure for a daily but saying that my bro has been driving his MVB IJZ box for 4 yrs now as a daily and he loves it.

If u have funds for a solid trans then go for either the 1JZ A430LE or Jatco RE4R0EA as they both offer over drive but not sure about lockup in the Jatco RE4R0EA, but 1JZ A430LE definatly has lockup and in my broz case overdrive and lockup engaged it drops rpms by 500rpms.

Here is the XR6 turbo with the Jatco i recommended, i spoke to the owner at the track and he was lovin it and he was a nice guy.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11293899

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I think you would need a separate TCM plus an aftermarket ecu to get a full manualised BTR which bypasses the ford ECU (and hence changes faster), as you need to feed the ford ecu enough info to keep it happy, have the wiring in place for manual control of S1 & 2 from gear lever position, and an aftermarket ecu to control line pressure during shifts. I have been trying to find a way to make a separate TCM adequately control line pressure during shifts, but it is a lot harder than tricking the ecu and wiring the box to work manually.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next