Fordmods Logo

CAPA - have you delt with them what did you think? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

A mate of mine wanted a vortech kit for his commo with a second crank pulley so he can step up to a higher boost level when he's ready. They wanted 800 bucks for the second pulley on its own. He could get a custom one cnc machined up for less then that.

Post subject: hey
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ed 6

VIC, Australia

well i agree xcab they are just ripp offs so what you think they put so much time and effort in they dont look at rob vickory and hpf a tt ve in 3 weeks doesnt take long and isnt hard to do you get better bear cheaper man do it the hard way but well worth it

Post subject: pics
Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Could ppl who delt with capa post pics of product when received & fitted to vehicle?

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I think there's a couple of pics with it fitted in the engine bay of mine in the gallery.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Post subject: crapa superchargers
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba ute

QLD, Australia

Did you look at any other companies for kits? Why did you go with capa?Im looking at doing my ute thats all and dont have the time or patience for attitude like you got. Cheers

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

i will never deal with CAPA again they are the most unprofessional company i have ever delt with.

i was dealing with justin who is meant to be the good one to deal with, after placing a half a*** order and paying for it at the summernats he assured me before it is sent he will call and make sure everything was included that i needed. they went back to work on the tuesday and to make sure i called justin to finalise things, but he didnt have my order in front of him. i let him know additional big money was coming his way and i needed some extra trick bits of gear before he sent what was ordered. yeah, yeah i'll call you in an hour i promise, was his responce. i received a box 3 days later of stuff that is a mixture of things that i dont want or dont fit my car. and i have to pay postage again and wait another week for my other bits.

this is not just me. i have worked with other capa cars and customers who have the same results

they can only monopolise the market for so long and after that cya later CAPA, when that day comes me and my mates will be happy people.

06 GSXR1000 power commander, micron serpent headrers, carbon yoshi can, 122 rwkw, 162kg's, 9.8 @ 147m/ph. top speed GPS'd at 317k/ph
twin turbo 355 v8 VS Statesman build, Kazz LSD, shift kit, slammed, tv, 19's with white walls

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

They will rech their demise when a more professional outfit (besides RDP, nothing wrong with them but a small performance shop won't ever be as big as capa imo) decides to import prochargers and sell them to the masses.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

PSIV8 wrote:
i will never deal with CAPA again they are the most unprofessional company i have ever delt with.

i was dealing with justin who is meant to be the good one to deal with, after placing a half a*** order and paying for it at the summernats he assured me before it is sent he will call and make sure everything was included that i needed. they went back to work on the tuesday and to make sure i called justin to finalise things, but he didnt have my order in front of him. i let him know additional big money was coming his way and i needed some extra trick bits of gear before he sent what was ordered. yeah, yeah i'll call you in an hour i promise, was his responce. i received a box 3 days later of stuff that is a mixture of things that i dont want or dont fit my car. and i have to pay postage again and wait another week for my other bits.

this is not just me. i have worked with other capa cars and customers who have the same results

they can only monopolise the market for so long and after that cya later CAPA, when that day comes me and my mates will be happy people.

agree. have had a similar experience.

also very diappointed with them given they said the switch chip was all go for all e series and it clearly isnt.

In my opnion it would be way cheaper and heaps less head fcuk to make the kit your self. hardest part would be the bracket and any engineering shop could rig up a bracket no problems. Heck, if you have a grinder and a small welder you could do it yourself.

I will not be purchasing anything from these guys again.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:10 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
They will rech their demise when a more professional outfit (besides RDP, nothing wrong with them but a small performance shop won't ever be as big as capa imo) decides to import prochargers and sell them to the masses.

Not every company start outs a with multi-million dollar turnovers and flashy showrooms from day one. Im sure if they build a strong customer base and develop a viable business plan they could do be alot bigger than CAPA...

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'd be happy to throw my support behind a smaller company trying to make it out.
As long as they make a decent quality product and its in my price range, thats about all i want... SOme customer service is good too...

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'd be happy to throw my support behind a smaller company trying to make it.
As long as they make a decent quality product and its in my price range, thats about all i want... Some customer service is good too...

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Manual EL XR6

I've never meet a more useless person in my life. Dave (EL_XR8) will know what I'm talkin about. Just ask him and about his supercharger bracket!!

Post subject: capa service ??????
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

seems capa make heaps of people happy
here is my two BOBS worth

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7276
some of my postings have also been deleted

all my private PM's that i have sent to individuals staff members of www.sctflash.com to find out more information , NOT one of them has been replied back to me with any sort of correspondence.

It is amazing when someone has a monopoly on a product , one doesn't stand a chance with price . customer service and so on

when your a small fish in the sea , the big fish piss all over you !!!! wander who said that ???

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Wow i thought i was the only person to have trouble with Scott .After buying the product they tell me it well be at my place in 2 weeks a month later and 3 or 4 phone calls it finally arives at my place. Then after making sure everything is there . Then installing come and half the stuff didnt line up the water injection bracket didnt even get close to fit and then went to fit the chip. There was no chip so back on the phone to scott for another 4 or 5 times still no chip and than i got the car dyno and no surprise the car was rich down low and lean on boost so 2 months on still no chip back on the phone thay said chiptalk had a big order so they said give them a week and it will be at my place so 2 weeks on still no chip so back on the phone again give them another week he said and it will be there so another 2 weeks nothing arrived so back on the phone and i told the supercharge will be sent back and i want my money back and with in a week i had my chip .

But now if anyone is interested in a 9psi powerdyne supercharge the hole kit for $3500 give me a pm

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2