Fordmods Logo

CAPA - have you delt with them what did you think? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: CAPA - have you delt with them what did you think?
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

It's a bit late now that I've sent my order through, but I was wondering if anyone else has been suprised how s**t hosue there service is?

When I called them, I got Scott the same guy who had been responding to my e-mails previously (after about 2 weeks later), and seriously it sounded like I was doing something wrong by calling them and wanting to buy 6 grand worth of crap from them! I mean seriously, who was I to ring him at 10 o'clock in the morning and actually make him do work? I'll give him the benifit and maybe he was just having a s**t of a day, I guess we all have them.

What I was after was the 6 psi Powerdyne kit, I wanted the optionaly water injection and I wanted the blower polished. Turns out they no longer do the polished blowers, havn't for years and don't plan to again (so why the f**k is it still listed on the website?). This was a relief as I didn't really wanna pay all this extra for just some shine, but the ricer in me couldn't help myself! :-(
Anyways he then starts telling me that it'll be cheaper to get the 9 psi kit as it already includes water injection than get the 6 and pay extra. No mate, actually it isn't if you do the maths. He's ended up reducing the price of the 9 psi kit and fitting with 6 psi pulley, so I get what I wanted and more really - which was the only positive bit of the call...

Anyways I'll see what happens when it arrives, but it really suprised me the customer care and sales quality, I've had better when buying $2.00 items, and this was a 5 - 6 grand item!!!

So, anyone else have an opinion of them? I remember reading someone wasn't happy about having to take a hammer to the side of there engine bay to install the kit.
I know my old mate hasn't had issue with them with his Flash tuner for the BA XR6T.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Hahah, scotts a good bloke. They're from the riverland - give them a break lol.

"Ummmm, so you wanna buy a blower?? Ummmm.... alright.... let me think.... um....."

My dealings with CAPA were very similar, they seemed a bit "all over the place". I wouldnt say the service was bad, just a bit unprofessional.

Lol, they never seem to charge full price. I think they like the guys that fit the kits themselves.

I think the problem is that the guys you deal with on the phone are the guys that work on cars - they're not salesmen, i dont think they've been trained in customer service.

But that turns out to be a blessing if you need help from them when doing the install.

After sales service is great. If there's anything missing from the kit (a LOT of parts so dont be suprised if there's one or two things missing) they'll send it to you, free of charge, shipping paid for - no questions asked.

Congrats on the purchase. My advise is to DO A STOCKTAKE as soon as you open the box, check the included parts off against the list in the installation manual.

Good luck - if you have any questions when fitting, dont hesitate to ask.

Hammering the inside of the guard out was fun :) Who's been b**ch about that?? It's a part of the engine bay you never see.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

My experience has been very similar to 4.9's...

They can come across a little unprepared/unprofessional on the phone I suppose. But I never feel rushed when I ring them, they always answer the questions I have, and are happy to get as technical as I am comfortable with.

On one occasion, the stuff I bought had the wrong pieces in it, but a quick phone call the next day and they shipped the right bits to me overnight without any questions.

So not the most "polished" customer experience, but certainly not a negative experience. I am happy dealing with them as they are, and would recommend them to most people.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Well hopefully the rest should be good. I just found it extremely suprising.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:24 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Hammering the inside of the guard out was fun :) Who's been b**ch about that?? It's a part of the engine bay you never see.

Dave was, EL XR8, and it was the shocktower they wanted him to smack.
I believe him and a mate bent it in as much as they felt comfortable with (didn't want to smack it around too much).
He'll post in here after work anyway :P

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Really??? Must have been a little different to the powerdyne/EF installation... i only had to knock in a bit of the sheet metal near the base of the shock tower's body work (not the tower itself).

Lol - was a minor inconvenience compared to the hole you have to cut to get down to the air inlet position!!!!

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

V1 Strim is a bit bigger then the PD I guess.
I know he hasn't exactly enjoyed dealing with them, I thnk his exact words were 'CAPA can go and get f**k' :P

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
I know he hasn't exactly enjoyed dealing with them, I thnk his exact words were 'CAPA can go and get f**k' :P

Hahaha I reckon, I'm sitting here waiting for him to come online and crack it, he loves CAPA :p.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeah, some people expect to wave a magic wand and have a supercharger fall out of the sky and land in the engine bay :lol:

When my brother was buying a v2 kit we drove up to capa for a chat. Top guys IMO. Took us for a tour of the workshop (cool to see shopping trolly's full of superchargers :)), took us for a drive in one of their cars so we knew what to expect. Like most workshops ive delt with they are more interested in talking tech and doing work that doing the whole retail bit so I understand why people get the impression they do.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:49 pm 
Fordmods Addict

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
yeah, some people expect to wave a magic wand and have a supercharger fall out of the sky and land in the engine bay :lol:

Don't think anyone expects that, but I think most, if not all, people expect a little bit of after-sales support, especially with this type of product.
It's not my story to tell, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyone else getting deja vu?

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:

I've got the V1 S-Trim, but in an AU. I do need to touch up the engine bay a bit for clearance, but it is not anywhere near the shock tower...

If thats what it takes to build a cheap-a*** 500hp, daily driver, 5.0L Falcon...then so be it :P

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Haha, yeah i'm on here after work...

I haven't had fun dealing with them, apart from all the crap i went through about my install, the guy who tunes my car was replacing the impeller a few months back. He got a brand new impeller for $700 that was ebtn already, as it was packed with nothing around it to stop that kind of thing. The he was requested to take photo's of the impeller before they'd even accept it being sent back. Lets just say, he's not very happy with them either. As he's helping me out by replacing the impeller, and getting the f**k around by CAPA like I have.
And seriously if anyone wants pics about how far i have had to beat the s**t out of my shock tower, and the 90mm intake hose would still rub even if i beat it in another 40mm.
My problem was that they (to me anyway) haven't exactly designed their brackets very well, and they charge like a wounded bull for them... But i've been through this on here in another thread.

Anyway, good luck with your new Powerdyne kit, and i hope its works out well for ya!

Post subject: bastards`
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ed 6

VIC, Australia

capa are wankers they charge you the earth for nothing you can get better parts and build everything custom for a lesser price that they will charge you

Post subject: Re: bastards`
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

ryan_meyer wrote:
capa are wankers they charge you the earth for nothing you can get better parts and build everything custom for a lesser price that they will charge you

have you heard of a comma??? ,

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Post subject: Re: bastards`
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

ryan_meyer wrote:

maybe so, but capa can send you a kit where by you receive it, and have it complete by the end of a weekend.
who else can do that.
you're not only paying for the parts, but the development costs of the kit, the research, theres more to a 'kit' then just parts.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next