Fordmods Logo

CAPA supercharge kit on AU 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: CAPA supercharge kit on AU
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA MK11 XR8

QLD, Australia

Hey just wondering has anyone supercharged there AU? i was seriously thinking about getting a CAPA powerdyne kit and was wondering how they go on AU's? and what sort of power and quarter mile times would i run with one of these kits considering the mods i already have?
I done a search but couldnt find anything on supercharged au's so if you or you know someone that has done it, let me know how it went...

cheers

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

They go the same on EF's and EL's as they do AU's. My brothers high school maths teacher had a powerdyne on his EF and he had it pulling 12's.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

couple of them on FF.com.au. should be able to get some hp/kw and quater times on there. or talk to mart/4.9futura, he had one on his EF Windsor. I've got one on my wagon up in the garage, no idea how it goes yet though...

Last edited by twr7cx on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
They go the same on EF's and EL's as they do AU's. My brothers high school maths teacher had a powerdyne on his EF and he had it pulling 12's.

doubt it...would have to be putting out 300KW+

i think theyre rated at 240kw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

doubt it...would have to be putting out 300KW+

i think theyre rated at 240kw
diff gears, cam, head work beefed up auto could see it do 12s with one of those kits

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Post subject: AU supercharged
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:34 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

Hi
I haven't got an AU but if yours is the 6 cylinder, I have got a 9PSI one on my EF, XR6 which I doubt is that much different than the AU. maybe 1 or 2 points compression, but mine has the slightly larger valves which i thought was the same in the AU.
I had modified the motor slightly before fitting the kit ,CAM , adjustable cam gear dialed in, extractors, plugs etc, you can see in my signature tag what I have done, still running factory ECU and standard compression ratio

I have to run on 98 fuel now, I have also got Water injection, Vortech FMU and 24lb injectors, up to this stage It makes a heap of difference 1 second off the 0-100kmh time. Thats before the extra fuel pump which gave it that much more punch down low too, yet to take it to the Drags but it breaks traction at 40 km if I hammer it too hard (it's an auto too).

My son has a Skyline GTS25T R33 manual and it beats that all the way (his has 186 rwkw) and the falcon must be heavier if you see them side by side and the skyline is about 1/4 narrower, and shorter

The Supercharger made it louder out the exhaust, I had to fit another muffler but it is still loud with the sports exhaust on WOT :wink:
Only problems has been detonation at WOT in 30 degCelcius heat, a lot better in these cooler days.
When I make my mind up on what ECU, that'll be sorted too. Any willing donors or sponsors????

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

12's thats awsome...i was thinking somewhere around mid to low 13's would be more realistic. would a front mount intercooler give more power than the water injection you get in the kit? i would think it would and it would look tough too hahaha

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Post subject: Could be
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Yeah Front Mount IC would probably cool the charge a lot more, I don't know too much the age old argument about longer piping more lag, but with temp offset it may be worth it.
Someone told me to try a 50/50 mix of nitro methane and water in the water injection, that gives you more power as well as better cooling, hmmmm, now where do I I get that Nitro from....
:?:

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

AU1 XR6 wrote:
12's thats awsome...i was thinking somewhere around mid to low 13's would be more realistic. would a front mount intercooler give more power than the water injection you get in the kit? i would think it would and it would look tough too hahaha

youll be very disappointed if you think your going to get 12's by simply bolting on a supercharger...

youll be lucky to get high 13's on a stock motor/diff with just a supercharger

also how much $$$ are you looking at?, I would think 10G if you want 12's....I rather put that towards a BA XR6T

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

ptttf, anything is possible, just gota know what your doing, Shout me another 3 or 4k and ill have my s**t EA cracking 13s NA

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
AU1 XR6 wrote:

youll be very disappointed if you think your going to get 12's by simply bolting on a supercharger...

youll be lucky to get high 13's on a stock motor/diff with just a supercharger

also how much $$$ are you looking at?, I would think 10G if you want 12's....I rather put that towards a BA XR6T

Exactly, this was not a simple bolt on job. I'm not talkin out of my a*** either as xr8chick was pretty good mates with this bloke a while ago (anyone remember her?). A basic list of mods were cam, blower, converter and auto, diff gears and a 50hp shot of the gas to get it off the line (nitrous would cut out as soon as the blower started to build useable boost). Don't know if there was some headwork in there as well. The car was built back around 1999/2000 and featured in a mag as well. I think it was a very early issue of pfm. It was a silver EF with a Talon/V8 supercar combination bodykit but it was well done. The guys name is Paul Linnet (spelling?)

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I never said i would get 12's i thought mid to low 13's sounds bout right with the mods i have already....i was looking at spending bout 8 grand anyway, so im pretty sure that will get me where im aiming.

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Post subject: Re: Could be
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bigmat wrote:
Someone told me to try a 50/50 mix of nitro methane and water in the water injection, that gives you more power as well as better cooling, hmmmm, now where do I I get that Nitro from....
:?:

Its 50/50 water and methanol. I'm not game enough to put nitro (liquid gunpowder) in my car unless it was a ratio of 90 parts methanol to 10 parts nitro.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:27 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Ok I had better write that down, as it more than likely was my memory that was letting me down. 50/50 Methanol H2O it is then.....

That Nitrous off the line sounds like the business.

Thats the thing with enhancement of power ,Powerdyne Kits it's just one element, Horsepower is addictive, and even if you pay 5~7000 for the kit you will want more. Especially if you want to make it reliable but then again....

IMO detonating an engine from time to time can at worst embarass :oops: you a little, as secondhand engines are cheap, who needs reliability.... not me.

The fun is in the power, thats what you get the buzz from, not the spending 5~10g on the engine to make it reliable. If it was me I would invest 5~10g on bigger injectors, computer, Nitrous injection, fuel pump, cam, hi stall convertor , a good dyno tune etc
Then buy a $600 Corolla if I want reliability to get to work daily.
Sure if you got all the cash in the world who gives a s..t what you spend it on, but for us battlers that find 10g a big chunk of cash, you may as well feel the benefit after you have spent it.
:wink:

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

im looking into a PD kit for my xr8. all the people i speak to in the car business tend to shun the PD kit. They give you the impression that its not worth the metal its made of..

however most people who have them tend to argue otherwise. and these are the people i believe.

a guy from the aff pmd me with details of his au 1 xr8 with 249rwkw on a PD kit at 9psi. yes its probably max'd out as such, but thats definetly no slouch of a car..

it all depends on what you want out of a forced vehicle..the PD kit would get you into the 180rwkw + maybe 190's. You could reach over 200 with a good edit and tune and fuel pump and injectors to suit. this would also help to utilize the PD kit better.

they are a great kit, and at such a lowish dollar figure compared with the Vortech's, if you want a good conservative kick in the pants for your car without spending over 10 grand, id go PD.

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next