Fordmods Logo

Centrifugal Supercharger thread 

Page 8 of 13 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

He measured how long it took to get to a certain speed from a standing start.

1/4 racing is the same thing with a defined distance.

I dont see why they arent comparable.

If I run a 13.4 at 105mph on the 1/4 then go out on the street and accelerate from a standing start and get to 105 mph in 13.4 seconds can you guess what distance I would have covered?

I couldnt care less about all the blower s**t anymore and I dont care how fast cooky's car is but maths is maths and that makes cooky's figures and quater mile times comparable.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

its niether here nor there if they are comparable or not, there was no comparison with the two until others entered the forum and made the comparison and shot cookie down for words they put in his mouth.

Thats what Im defending. Im sure the math is 100% correct, but the logic and need behind applying them is not.

and timing from 0-160 si nothing like doing a 1/4, really. My car would never reach 160 on the 1/4, but I would still like to know how long it takes me to get there. a lot of european performance cars are benchmarked by their 0-100 mph time ( which was cookies actual goal!!) so on its own merits without reading falsities into the situation, there shouldnt have been this 5 page argument.

strip away all the dross that has been added by contibuters and you will see what I mean.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Quote:
and timing from 0-160 si nothing like doing a 1/4

It is similar to an extent, generally if your car gets too 100mphr (160ish) it should be enough for a 13 on a drag strip, on the open road it should take around 13 seconds to get to 160kmph.

Sure Speed over 400m and acceleration can be classed as 2 seperate things, but they are suprisingly similar when matched together, variation might only be a few tenths and a couple of MPH.

But to get a high reading in either you do need power, Im sure cooky's Ba has plenty of it. Might be my next daily/project, the price of the kits are really a bargain with the gains that come with it and the build quality of these kits look great. Good to see you taking the plunge and getting results Cooky.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Quote:
and timing from 0-160 si nothing like doing a 1/4

It is similar to an extent, generally if your car gets too 100mphr (160ish) it should be enough for a 13 on a drag strip, on the open road it should take around 13 seconds to get to 160kmph.

:shock: sweet i can get to 160 Ill crack a 13 next time.

again the point is lost, because its not about will it/wont it, its about people who are doing the comparing about what it will do on a quarter and then shooting cooky for it. Not you of course but others.

Im sick of repeatedly banging on about this so some will get it, and some wont. cool.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Somebody tell me about the pro chargers i know very little about them.
But give me a week and i'll be an internet expert on them.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Too true mate too true

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:33 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

I can comment on Pro******* I will do it just as it was relayed to me. Those who used to sell them in Bris thought they were ok once sorted. However since they were manufactured on demand it took a month to get it made then by the time it was shipped here would be near 2 months, by then the customers were long gone, just too long. Next thing was the first few they got they mounted up just as they thought they should, but had failures right away, reason .... because they have to be mounted in a certain position and typically in USA its on the opposite side to what we would mount them here, so they had to make specially for the Australian market/particular vehicle which I believe was just a matter of changing a few things around internally. In the end it was all sorted but deemed difficult so they went Turbonetics turbo systems.

They give great results and are always engaged in a stomping match with V****** in the USA market.

I have quite a few photos inside the compressor cover of a C2 model and you would be suprised just how its all set up in there. Other models from them that I have seen were fine so obviously its just a few slip through here and there.

But why would you bother with something like this unless you wanted 14psi + or more than 700hp which may well be what some are chasing, otherwise the Australian made option is probably as or more efficient and hangs any way up, cheap to rebuild and comes with full engine intergration kit....... and you can get it repaired locally if necessary. Furthermore there are very few if any gear drive blowers that pump 12psi on a 6rib belt reliably, in other words often heaps of belt slip. I supplied a belt for an opposition kit (gear drive charger) this week as there was no other belts in Australia, had only done a couple of hrs on the dyno, I would suggest that road use will test it much more. Hafta say they were lucky I had the belt as it was something I bought by mistake a while back. With an 8 rib belt they are fine, but why would you when something can do it easy with a 6 rib and no stress? Means more power at the tyres too

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I know absolutely nothing about them Tim, and my life is about gaining knowledge so i ask questions.
Hey how about Pete's dyno figures man awesome stuff.
Plenty of punch he reckons,it's an animal.
For those that don't know a mates BA 6 with a Raptor went 236RWKW on a basically stock engine,a set of Pacy Comp headers with a 2 1/2 inch sports system and that's it absolutely wicked stuff..

BA XL ute.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

I'll be happy with 236 rwkw!

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Post subject: power to skid
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 am 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

With your existing mods you would have to think it achievable no problem ;)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I actually think Mark would have a little more myself with a Raptor.
How is ya Mark.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

badcooky wrote:
I actually think Mark would have a little more myself with a Raptor.
How is ya Mark.

I'm good mate ...how's yourself?

I've added a little engine bling...

Next step is to get my JMM extractors Chrome Ceramic coated ...and then I think a polished Raptor would slot quite nicely in there myself :wink:

And how my girl is looking these days ...she's a tad overdue for a wash but.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Good to see you champ.
Actually i hear Pete went 262RWKW at the dyno day.
Almost the same setup as me so i gotta get this thing tuned ASAP.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

To the ProCharger fan back up the thread here someplace, why are you selecting such a HUGE charger for a 4.0 engine? Will be MILES away from its useful efficiency range, think about using a C2 and could have something really good. If you have laid eyes on one you will see why I recommend that if you are bent on that brand. Same size as our V but can get to 20psi or more, its all you need and you would fit it anywhere.

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

To the ProCharger fan back up the thread here someplace, why are you selecting such a HUGE charger for a 4.0 engine? Will be MILES away from its useful efficiency range, think about using a C2 and could have something really good. If you have laid eyes on one you will see why I recommend that if you are bent on that brand. Same size as our V but can get to 20psi or more, its all you need and you would fit it anywhere.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 13  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next