Fordmods Logo

Centrifugal Supercharger thread 

Page 10 of 13 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

I've started a Garage thread here now Tim --> http://www.fordmods.com/forums/sly-gets ... 69281.html

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Hi guys

Im also a very keen contender for a charger kit but firstly just a few q?

The base figures of 200rwk mark for ef/el whats to say if u have a turbo muffler bigger throttle body and aftermarket cam woudl this factor in to make say 10 more rwkk is that safe to presume

Also im a great beliver that u shouldnt have to set yourself up to say i expect at least a flat 14 or it shoudl do 13.8 down the quater because its a street driver car and it shoudl be how it feels in day to day drives flat out for 400m isnt such a rush for myself as punching the throttle througha corner with a little sideway action.

Futher more my best quarter time so far is 15.1 and i have 146rwk and its still very torque and happy in the streets just as it is, couldnt imagine how much more fun it woudl be to have an extra 50-60rwk

Just my 2 cents

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Yes it will make more but i don't know how much more.
Yes sideways in 2nd on the rev limiter round a corner is a buzz.
Man it's way more fun.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

haha sweet

Im allready sideways in 2nd want to up my game get sideways in 3rd with the charger

Also being that i have the ea box shorter ratio and 345's itll be alot of fun at least

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Post subject: Cam
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:53 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Im also a very keen contender for a charger kit but firstly just a few q?

The base figures of 200rwk mark for ef/el whats to say if u have a turbo muffler bigger throttle body and aftermarket cam woudl this factor in to make say 10 more rwkw is that safe to presume

The better cam (providing its suited) is always going to crank up the numbers a bit, the 10rwkw is a nice conservative estimate, I have no problem with that at all. Check with EA about the tuning hey and see what he can do for you

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

So i've had my blower on for over a year now and done over 30,000K's on it without missing a beat.
I fixed the inlet leak it had at the join to the TB and with the bit of work i did to the airbox it went 220RWKW untuned.
No problems to be had it still runs great,the vehicle is still untuned but with Winter coming on I WILL SOON TUNE IT.Still got a stage 2 Water/meth kit sitting around ready to bolt up ,maybe i'm just slack.
If you think about it being that it's still untuned and all,it must go allright i mean if i was unhappy with the power the tune would of been done straight up,remembering that i've owned a Twin turbo AUXR8 and an XR6T as daily drivers.It just drives so well i guess.
I overlaid my N/A dyno graph to the current set up and at 2600 there's more power than the the N/A set up had at peak.
Also from 1500 there's more torque way more torque than it had N/A at peak.
The car runs very cool even in traffic it doesn't get to half way on the dial.I added a lower temp thermostat that may of helped.No pinging or overheating in Summer either.
My headers are wrapped and i've boxed the inlet as well .
My economy over distance is great even at slightly illegal speeds.
I have just learned that there is aftermarket coils for the BA/F sixes and am keen to open up the plug gap a bit and see if there's something to be gained if just a torque benefit on the road i'd be interested.
Haven't gone to the bigger inlet to the Supercharger yet though i'm keen to do it as there'd be some gains there.
Basically that's it everything is running as it was when new and it's all good.
Only replaced 1 set of rear tyres as well.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Territory

QLD, Australia

Hey Cooky,

Whats crackin Brother???

I see your getting angry again. LOL

So you thought any more of Intercooling or you just waiting for me to get mine up and running before taking the plunge??

Once I get my injectors in, intercooler on and tune done, I'll be hitting the strip to lay down some numbers. That way everyone can see just what 2300+kg worth of family wagon can do. LOL

But in saying that, It doesnt really matter what times you can pull down the qtr, after all we drive them on the road and your not on WOT all day playing traffic light racers. The only cars 400m times apply to IMHO are those specifically designed for the strip.

As for dyno figures they dont really mean alot, after all the dyno is just a tuning tool and every dyno is different as is the conditions on any given day which will give you different reading. Its designed to make sure your vehicle is running as best as possible thru the rev and speed range and doing this in a safe environment. As long as your happy with the end product and how your car performs thats all that matters.

I say this because i had mine dyno'd to check the AFR's (dyno number 1) and then decided to go get a custom tune a week later (dyno number 2).

Different dyno, different day. According to the Dyno sheets from my first run (AFR check on dyno number 1) and the run after my custom tune (Dyno number 2) i only gained 4 extra KW (I say BS no way did I only gain 4kw definately alot more than that, But it just goes to show that numbers mean diddly squat in the end as there are alot of factors that can change the outcome.

I can tell you that the car drove alot better than before, alot more torque and power across the board, the difference was awesome.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah i just think i'm old and cranky is all Addy.
Yeah and you're right it's not all about peak power,for me it's driveability.
When i finally get around to tying in a good tune on mine it should go OK too.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

badcooky wrote:
Yeah i just think i'm old and cranky is all Addy.
Yeah and you're right it's not all about peak power,for me it's driveability.
When i finally get around to tying in a good tune on mine it should go OK too.

No worries Grandad :lol:

Thats absolutely right. There is no point in having 400+rwkw if all your going to do is fry the tyres when you sink the boot. I'd rather be able to keep the power going to the ground so that you can actually accelerate. :wink:

Dont know if I'll be putting the cooler on this weekend as the aftermarket xr6 cooler I have bought hasnt shown up yet. :evil:

I got all the pipe work ready to go now apart from probably 1 peice im going to have to measure up when its all on, but no point in fitting it all up with the stock cooler if i only have to take my bar off again to put the better cooler on.

I'll let you know if I end up doing it, Just pm me your number again and I'll give you a call to come over for some beers.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You've been in mine you know i can floor it mid corner and peel out any time i want to.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

You sure can Cooky, Definately goes hard brother.

Thankfully for me its All Paws To The Floor :D

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Are you within reach of a drag strip by chance?

It would be awesome for a 1/4 mile time, I havent been able to locate a time for any raptor powered ford 6 yet, would be interesting to see. :D

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

this is from the ef/el raptor thread..
XRSIX-T wrote:
Hi people,
Tony from P.R.E Dyno Tuning here. We were the workshop that fitted the Raptor to fordfan's car.

Stock motor with 200,000 K's on the clock.
Results speak for themselves:
200 RWKW's
650 Nm very consitant accross the rev range.

We have had this vehicle down the 1/4 mile with 14.6 pass, please keep in mind the driver has never raced before and on street tryes. With a little experiance this vehicle should run a high 13. Also keep in mind the age of this STOCK motor.

If you just want an approx 80 RWKW jump on your stock vehicle this is the way to go. With a fresh motor and some head work there should be no reason this package shouldn't see 250 at the treads.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I woulda been expecting more than a 14.6, but it is a high km motor i guess.

Im sure the BA/BF would definately have more in it.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I still haven't tuned it yet you know but i'll get it together soon Schnoods.
I'd expect a high 13 but we'll see,sooner than later i hope.

BA XL ute.

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 13  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next