Fordmods Logo

Centrifugal Supercharger thread 

 

Page 11 of 13 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
I woulda been expecting more than a 14.6, but it is a high km motor i guess.

Im sure the BA/BF would definately have more in it.


I dont know, it says stock motor? does this mean stock cam and factory headers? also Id say stock 3.08 diff? Its just a guess but if its got a stock diff ratio then the 60 foot would be shocking and a good trap speed for the 14.6.

considering they were a 16.4ish car when new, dropping it to 14.6 isnt too shabby.

it all depends on the exact supporting mods really.

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

well afaik the car in question is a stock engined ef xr6 auto.. except for extractors and exhaust.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 942

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Ride: AU1 XR8

A 3000rpm stall and 3.9 diff will transform it.
I thought the auto xr6 ran at high 15s, well from my personal experience with my xr8 i could dispatch cv8 monaros and even a gts i came against so id look at the motor and see how worn it is just in case.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 2058

Joined: 25th May 2006

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Grimketel wrote:
schnoods wrote:
I woulda been expecting more than a 14.6, but it is a high km motor i guess.

Im sure the BA/BF would definately have more in it.


I dont know, it says stock motor? does this mean stock cam and factory headers? also Id say stock 3.08 diff? Its just a guess but if its got a stock diff ratio then the 60 foot would be shocking and a good trap speed for the 14.6.

considering they were a 16.4ish car when new, dropping it to 14.6 isnt too shabby.

it all depends on the exact supporting mods really.



No doubt, its a very good effort.

Took me a fair bit to get my time down, when i first got my car back with the blower, the auto was slipping a fair bit, took me ages to get under 14's.

 

_________________

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

RAPTOR_XR8 wrote:
A 3000rpm stall and 3.9 diff will transform it.
I thought the auto xr6 ran at high 15s, well from my personal experience with my xr8 i could dispatch cv8 monaros and even a gts i came against so id look at the motor and see how worn it is just in case.



yes auto xr6 did run under the 16 mark, but the information that it was an xr6 only came to light after I made my post, which reffered to a standard falcon time.

I just discovered (some may already be aware) that the most powerful homologated car in our solar system uses centrifugal supercharger's (note i said charger's- theres 2!).

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3756.html

take that turbo boys :P

it also makes more NM than it makes HP :shock: I am of course going to start saving now...

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 631

Joined: 27th Jan 2007

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

Location: Gordonvale
QLD, Australia

Hey it's got 2 of 'em man it's a twin Centrifugal charged setup.
way cool.

 

_________________

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

cooky, you dont happen to have a dyno printout showing your curve yet by any chance? Imreally looking forward to seeing the curve your raptor is producing. maybe the guys at raptor can fab you up a twin charger system :)

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 631

Joined: 27th Jan 2007

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

Location: Gordonvale
QLD, Australia

Raptor have twin centrifugal supercharger on a v6 Holden motor happening but it will take time.
They are pushing one into the other then through an intercooler to the motor,it will make something like 20 psi at the inlet manifold.Should go ok,cept it's a Holden.
Yeah i'll dig up an old thread here with a print out or i can email you one,my printer isn't talking to my pC for some reason.

 

_________________

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 942

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Ride: AU1 XR8

Twin raptor charged would be awesome :D

Wish i had thought of that but you would need a 10km belt for that set lol, i should have tried moving the altenator to an idler pulley.

cmon cooky get your car tuned mate trust me with the cooler weather now its going to put out some serious numbers.

brad
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 631

Joined: 27th Jan 2007

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

Location: Gordonvale
QLD, Australia

That was efin quick.Yeah they have some belt issues with the twin setup.
Yeah i'll get there,Brad sooner than later.

 

_________________

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 7029

Joined: 18th Apr 2005

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Grimketel wrote:
RAPTOR_XR8 wrote:
A 3000rpm stall and 3.9 diff will transform it.
I thought the auto xr6 ran at high 15s, well from my personal experience with my xr8 i could dispatch cv8 monaros and even a gts i came against so id look at the motor and see how worn it is just in case.



yes auto xr6 did run under the 16 mark, but the information that it was an xr6 only came to light after I made my post, which reffered to a standard falcon time.

I just discovered (some may already be aware) that the most powerful homologated car in our solar system uses centrifugal supercharger's (note i said charger's- theres 2!).

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3756.html

take that turbo boys :P

it also makes more NM than it makes HP :shock: I am of course going to start saving now...

Rotrex mate. the next generation of traction drive centrifugal S/C. boost comes on low down like a roots and it can spin up to 200000rpm at WOT. depending on the setup of course.

 

_________________

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 631

Joined: 27th Jan 2007

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

Location: Gordonvale
QLD, Australia

Where would i find that info?
OK got it.

 

_________________

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

share cooky.

link

for the masses you understand :P

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 631

Joined: 27th Jan 2007

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

Location: Gordonvale
QLD, Australia

Dude i just googled Rotrex and it was there,i'd post a hyperlink but i've forgotten how.

 

_________________

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Centrifugal Supercharger thread
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

badcooky wrote:
Dude i just googled Rotrex and it was there,i'd post a hyperlink but i've forgotten how.


yeah but im hella lazy sometimes. plus once its there its there for good, easy quick reference in future. I just copy paste the adress to link.

http://www.rotrex.com/index1.htm

heres the one I found :)

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 11 of 13  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:39 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names