Fordmods Logo

Centrifugal Supercharger thread 

Page 3 of 13 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

with my first pd set up, the 6 psi pulley direct into the throttle body, my fuel economy did not change for normal easy driving. around 250 km to a tank (I have a small cut down tank).
now with a 9psi pulley and intercooler i find it uses a lot more juice. around 210 to a tank now.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Don't want any Turbo interference here this has nothing to do with 'em at all,we stay out of your posts blah blah piss off.
Guys i said efficiency not economy you will be making more power and torque at any point in the range(except idle) so it's got to be more efficient at the same revs.IE where with the car as an NA would you be making the same power/torque.
I get better economy at low load and medium revs as well with mine though actually much better.
And on the highway i use a lot less gas.
I also said $/HP not totall outlay, every other full time system that i've seen to get similar HP has spent more money sometimes much more.
TWR7CXYZ did you sort out your boost issue?
Anybody running water/meth i have a stage 2 something or other but i don't know if i'll install it.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

badcooky wrote:
Don't want any Turbo interference here this has nothing to do with 'em at all,we stay out of your posts blah blah piss off.

Sorry mate I took the bait.

Yeah I'm getting fully sick & tired of being challenged to justify my choice.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You're fly negro, it's cool.You explain to these fools what i can't be bothered to do so,so ipso facto it's sortedissimo.
Yes the internet warriors,mums car for a sig,argue the 3 angle valve job versus sodium filled valves but can't rebuild a diff,when they say i/we they mean insert whatever performance shop that's closest etc etc.
OK sorry my bad.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Errr, that may be a tad harsh LOL...

Dansedgli for one has had a bit of hands-on experience here & there :-P

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

No he knows some stuff just generalising.
Still hasn't worked out Raptor's phone number though,suspicious character i'd say.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Sorry cooky, I thought these 2 points were comparing centrifugal superchargers to other options.

They are comparisons to something arent they? Did you mean raptors compared to vortechs? My apologies if I got the wrong idea.

badcooky wrote:
OK it's all good let's pack in a few solids for dudes searchin' about CF Superchargers.
NO 1 This would have to be the cheapest solution to go forced.$/HP ratio surely this is the way.
NO 2 Simple system usually a self fit.

badcooky wrote:
No he knows some stuff just generalising.
Still hasn't worked out Raptor's phone number though,suspicious character i'd say.

I dont think that is very fair. You are happy to tell the world everything else about the raptor kit yet you are unhappy to answer my questions. I like most people like to know everything I can about a product but I dont want to waste Tim's time asking them.

As sly so kindly pointed out the price for an AU kit was posted on the website so there is no need for the hostility.

And yes I think $4700 for a complete bolt on kit ready to go with a flash tune is a pretty good deal if someone doesnt want to go the more difficult turbo option.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Danny boy i hadn't said the R word for 2 full pages and when it pops up IT WAS YOU,ya big smeagal.
Read the intro post of mine.
1 Leave your brand name at the door.
2 let's work together
3 it's about Centrifugal Superchargers.
4 Yada yada yada.
There's enough knowledge here to able to make one of these babies competitive against most anything via a working brains trust taking some positives to a local Australian Supercharger manufacturer at the design stage.
Unfortunately that company is run by the R guy unless someone else comes on board.
And yes Dan it hurts me to say it but your knowledge could be of assistance.
I may live in a dream world with rose coloured glasses but that's how it is.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

The initial post is why I thought you were comparing a centrifugal supercharger setup to a turbo setup. I only mentioned a raptor kit because I was under the impression that capa didnt support the I6 anymore.

In my defence you could have worded your point a bit better or left it out if you didnt want a comparison to be made.

Quote:
OK it's all good let's pack in a few solids for dudes searchin' about CF Superchargers.
NO 1 This would have to be the cheapest solution to go forced.$/HP ratio surely this is the way.

Ill stay out of your thread now :oops:

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

No you won't :wink:
A few guys have stated that their fuel economy was not better post forced ,mine is better but some guys aren't what models do what basically is a BF more efficient than an AU2 say or do EF/EL get better economy and why.
Which iterations rev better and why.
Similar set ups should yeild similar power.so why not try something different.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

In relation to no one saying the 'R' word. As if this thread wasnt always intened for you to prech on about them now anyway.

I have never heard a turbo guys, or Vortech/Powerdyne guys harp on so much about a bloody piece of metal.

If you don't want any turbo talk on here, fine. I'll keep it on blowers. A Vortech will s**t on a Powerdyne or rebadged Powerdyne (aka, Raptor) any day of the week. Then a Procharger will s**t on a Vortech in the same manner.

No one on here apart from you Badcooky, is trying to be negative, we all have opinions, and are expressing them. But once we don't preach about Raptor, or are still suss on them, like I certainly am. You go off your rails defending them, and telling people to piss off.

That niggle aside.

To anyone that will be buying a blower kit, CAPA or Raptor. Don't expect the same fuel consumption or better. It wont happen. Even if you drive like a total pansy. Cause if you are, the tune must leaning out a f**k s**t when you're on light throttle. Which is fine,until you give it a few stabs and the temps start to rise, cause its too lean.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Dansedgli

If I might add something here

You will never be considered as wasting my time, lots of people do it (ring us) every day ......... to find out what they don't know about the product...... everyone's welcome

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:

To anyone that will be buying a blower kit, CAPA or Raptor. Don't expect the same fuel consumption or better. It wont happen. Even if you drive like a total pansy. Cause if you are, the tune must leaning out a f**k s**t when you're on light throttle. Which is fine,until you give it a few stabs and the temps start to rise, cause its too lean.

My fuel consumption is the same or better when not using boost. Sorry to dissapoint! I've tested this thoroughly for over 12 months....I use 0.5 - 1 litre less per 100km than without a supercharger. With aggressive boost, consumption goes up appropriately. Its not lean, the blower has been on the car since 2002....and driven like it should be. Six years with the same tune and economy, and the engine runs well. I guess in this situation it just works. Admittedly it doesn't make huge horsepower and run 12sec quarters either, but it certainly gets going and gets better economy than standard.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I wish I could say the same, though I am a bit of a lead foot.

Honestly if you are after fuel economy, you wont get it. The reason why most people upgrade to a centri is the extra shove they will give you.

To find it out you have to wind it out, and no way will that be efficient, babying it around will be like driving with aircon to be honest. It wil have that bit of extra strain (if any) but will have a bit better breathing in return, but because it breathes better, more fuel must go in to prevent that,as a lean condition will undo all the good work.

I can understand Highway driving with standard gears, that would be better for sure, but add in a few traffic lights as well as the odd eager overtake and she'll be out the window.

As for comparisons, you are only as good as the competition. Although the I6 isnt spoilt for choice (snort turbo vs raptor vs capa ba 6) there are options and all seem to be getting reasonable to excellent results.

The V8 side of things we have a few more, but all are pretty costly and dependant of what gear your are running. I went my vortech because of reliability and changability. i am running reasonable power levels already, If I ever decide to go further with my motor (which I will do), I have up to 18 psi on tap (reliably).

But a comparison is good, other wise it would be a big bragfest over look what we have kinda thing.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
rebadged Powerdyne (aka, Raptor)

Keep to the facts or do your research properly, eg:
Quote:
The Raptor is the first all-new centrifugal supercharger designed from a fresh sheet of paper in more than 20 years. Not a copy or version of any other!

As per this site: http://www.928m.com/parts/raptorsuperchargers.php

That sort of ignorant or inflammatory comment does no-one any favours, least of all yourself. IIRC the product has been around for some 6 years now, the first BF fitted with one has done over 80,000km without the head unit needing to be touched. This is all publicly-available, easily-found information. Why are you "suss" on it?

To be updated... soon!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 13  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next